Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

question on why humidity is so important..??
    #4694367 - 09/22/05 10:48 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

what purpus dose humidity play in growing.. its just to keep the casing/cake from drying out so fast?? just wondering cuz this summer i did a grow outside, and the humidity was very low.. like 30% and i got awsome shrooms.. the only thing was that some of the caps were cracked.. so wouldnt FAE be more important than humidity?

if you just mist your casing/cakes every day (till pinning) then dunk them between flushes, wouldnt that be enough?? cuz all my past grows have been just cased grain, and my big mushrooms avg. around 15-20 g wet.. but when i would pick from outside they were averaging around 90-100 g. wet. and it was just a grain casing that i dumped into my grass clippings pile, nothing special.

the thought just poped into my head.. wanted to see what other ppls opoins were..

heres some pics of a few from my first flush from outside.

and this was the average size of a big mushroom from my indoor grow

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: question on why humidity is so important..?? [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4694499 - 09/22/05 11:36 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Well humidity plays a big roll in your grow. It is important because yes, for one, it helps keep your material from drying out, and 2, it is important because you are trying to mimic the mushrooms natural growing environment.

Most cubies are from tropical/subtropical climates where the humidity levels are very high. When you are growing in a terrarium, you are trying to mimic those levels and keep everything as close to it's real growing environment as possible.

Certain strains of cubies will grow in various conditions. Some strains, like B+, have even been known to grow in very cold temps with very low RH...even though this is not optimal.

You keep the humidity levels up in order to receive optimal results in your grow.

FAE is very important, but I don't know if I would say one is more important than the other. Temp, RH, and FAE all play a roll in your grow and I think are all equally important.

People tend to ask for better ways to do FAE often because that is one of the harder things to do out of the three....getting temp and RH up isn't that difficult. That's why it may seem that FAE is more important, but they are all equally important.

GL TO YA!

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: question on why humidity is so important..?? [Re: srgtm1a]
    #4694784 - 09/22/05 01:16 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Because mushrooms are 92% water.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: question on why humidity is so important..?? [Re: hyphae]
    #4695514 - 09/22/05 04:16 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i learned something new today :smile:

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

Offlinehobbitxkillyou
Shark wrestlingchampion

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: question on why humidity is so important..?? [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #4695695 - 09/22/05 04:58 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I agree that humidity is important, but is it so important that you have to have such a presice level of it? I seem alot of grow guides that insist on humidity beinng 94-96% (not actual number, just a general range like this). When I grew over the summer, I just dumped some perlite with hydro peroxide and water (50/50) and it was perfect.

I grew golden teachers, which as I understand can grow in lots of conditions, but the humidity was enough to keep fine droplets on the side, which is what I was told to go for. So why is a humidity gauge so important, or getting to within precise ranges?

--------------------
When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.

-H. S. Thompson

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation