Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pressure Cooker, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Odour de San Pedro slime
    #4688823 - 09/21/05 02:29 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I'm going through a dry spell and am thinking of preparing some san pedro in the blender/boil/strain method that is so common. However, it will be a very long time indeed before I'll have the house to myself (still living with parents until I get the whole balance of college/job/bills figured out safely). I was thinking of just doing it at home, at night, under pretense of just making some food or some such. Not that they would pay much attention to it.

My question though is, does this stuff stink when you do it this way? I know it tastes like a mouthfull of horse piss... but that I don't mind overcoming. A horrid smell, however, would quickly raise a lot of unwanted complaints and (god forbid!) requests to toss out the stinky batch.

Is the smell a more mild (something, albeit odd, is cooking) sort of smell, or is it a strong (what the hell, is this kid running a drug lab?!) sort of smell that would offend or require the use of the noisy stove-hood fan?

I could easily prepare it on an evening, and peacefully trip in my room at night, when others sleep, without disturbance and in a nice familiar controlled environment.

Also, suggestions not pertaining to my current plans are most welcome indeed. Brainstorm! it's the way to progress!  :tongue2:

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Airfox

Loc: Texas
Re: Odour de San Pedro slime [Re: Konnrade]
    #4688856 - 09/21/05 02:38 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

:mad:

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Odour de San Pedro slime [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #4688871 - 09/21/05 02:40 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

what? I bought some on eBay for this purpose... none of my little ones will die lol... I just picked up a cutting so I can sample before I pay for more of them  :grin:

If I'm suggesting something heinous, feel free to rebuke me... but don't leave me in the dark with an angry smiley. Help me obi-wan kenobi, you're my only hope :tongue:

forgive my headstrong demeanor, once I get myself committed to a goal, especially when it pertains to expanding my realm of experience, I will often refuse to give up until I have either succeeded or learned a very good lesson  :confused:

--------------------

Edited by Konnrade (09/21/05 02:44 AM)

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Airfox

Loc: Texas
    #4689066 - 09/21/05 03:44 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Just kidding there comrade. There is no strong smell to the San Pedro, it shouldn't bother your flatmates. Hope you have a wonderful trip :flowerchild: :mushroom2:

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Odour de San Pedro slime [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #4689095 - 09/21/05 04:13 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Awesomeness... I may cook up a batch at 4 am this morning then. By then everyone is cold asleep and won't care if I'm in the kitchen, presumably making an early breakfast!

Now if only I had a Stealth blender  :tongue:

Oh well, I'll dice the stuff and use a potato masher in the pot of water =P

Thx for well-wishing! I'll start with 12" ... and hope for at least a nice buzz.

--------------------

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #4689140 - 09/21/05 05:18 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I assume your material is fresh. Try two-three cycles of freeze-thaw ,this will more or less break many cells causing them to release their contents.

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Odour de San Pedro slime [Re: Psiloman]
    #4689153 - 09/21/05 05:34 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Well that's something I want to try later on... once I have enough specimens to experiment and find my preferred method. However, I think it's worthwhile to start with a freeze following dicing them (so they freeze faster), and then move on to boiling them directly after. Combine both worlds and what have you.

Generally though this needs to be a short covert op done under cover of night. I can't be freezing/thawing cacti that the parents allready know contain drugs which they aren't familiar with, but that they were told were only available for extraction by an experienced organic chemist. They would put 2 and 2 together and come up with Send Son to Jail, or Destroy Son's Cactus.

Both, bad options. Cooking something mysterious, for someone like me, not too odd. Especially considering I'm a chemistry major that likes to poke around in my field of interest at home.

Tripping at home is not a problem, I'm very comfy at home, and am confident with being under the influence in their presence, it's all very relaxed by now. Prepping at home, dicey if I don't do it right, easy enough if I do.

Thx for tips tho. The next specimen I buy for consumption will be frozen/thawed to study efficiency of that method. It's worth a shot, in the name of science!!!  :grin:

--------------------

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #4689167 - 09/21/05 05:54 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I can't be freezing/thawing cacti that the parents allready know contain drugs which they aren't familiar with, but that they were told were only available for extraction by an experienced organic chemist.

Who briefed them on that? If ,for any reason you did (because those damn plants are interesting), you could also take it a step further and talk to them about properties that entheogens/psychedelics have that set them apart from other substances. Autopsychoanalysis is a very good start!

Well that goes a bit out of the scope of this discussion ,but i thought it wont hurt to throw it on the discussion table.

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Odour de San Pedro slime [Re: Psiloman]
    #4689418 - 09/21/05 10:07 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

hehe... perhaps enlightenment would be a long term goal, but a lesson learned from history is that ignorance of others, if maintained, always lends an upper hand. I myself did inform them of that info. When your mother (who is rather liberal in the area of drugs, having done them herself at some point) asks you "so what kind of drugs come from them?" you know you've got to compromise just a tad. I don't know about my father (he's a pretty simple man, he's got his beleifs, and as long as they're not threatened, he's pretty content to leave well enough alone and worry about the day-to-day stuff), but my mother knows I'm into the chemistry of entheogens and that I'd like to collect legal specimens. I'll just leave it with that and maintain the fa?ade of a plant collection.

And now for an update: I started the process at 3am. I sliced the flesh up, and diced it into chunks. I heated the chunks in hot water long enough to soften them up, then I threw them in the blender until they were fine tiny chunks like crushed ice, but in lots more water. Then I heated it to just below a boil, but above a simmer, for about an hour and 30 minutes. Strained it through a cotton t-shirt (left a neat green stain, I'll see if I can keep using that one and make a novelty mescaline t-shirt), squeezed it like a motherf***er until all that was left was some waxy skins and a semi-solid needle or two stuck into my hand... didnt mind the sting at all, I'm a working class man, I get hurt far worse on a rough day.

The greenish liquid I then boiled down to about 40% of what was left. During which time I cleaned up a little, and finished watching Sin City, which I had started to kill the time when I began cooking the ground flesh. Then, I poured the thickened tea into a tupperware container and tossed it into the freezer. When a fortuitous time arises, I'll have some fun with that stuff, no doubt. It was 7am when I logged onto my computer, and everything is all clean and put away. Not a bad way to spend 4 hours, making that stuff.

I will of course, after I take the tea and have an experience, update with how well (or badly  :shocked:) it went.

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #4689682 - 09/21/05 12:15 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

this is not a good position to trip - on your parents house, WITH them, with no buddies...
do you have idea what crosses the mescalero's mind?
go camping or something...

FH

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Odour de San Pedro slime [Re: felixhigh]
    #4689773 - 09/21/05 12:45 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Tripping at home with the parents obviously isn't ideal. But if it needs to be done, mescaline would be the substance to do it with.

I don't know what anyone else thinks, but in my experience cooking it *STINKS UP* the house. Not a big deal, just makes you 'look forward' to drinking the stuff :smile:. Finally... 30 minutes? Hmmm... good luck. I've had success with a minumum of 2 hours. And still got something out of a second boil. 4 is what I shoot for if I have the time. I hear a pressure cooker does wonders though.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Odour de San Pedro slime [Re: felixhigh]
    #4691190 - 09/21/05 06:56 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I'm pretty familiar with calming myself and rationalizing strong, sudden impulses, plus I feel very comfortable in my room at night... who doesn't after all. Of course my experience is limited to an extreme sensitivity to marijuana (open-eye pseudo-hallucinations, vaguely 3d closed eye visuals, it can be fun, and usually only on about a nickelbag over a few hours, maybe a tad more at times).

Of course this is not ideal I would agree. My friend regularly has small, sociable "kick-backs" at his house, as his parents are always, reliably gone from friday evening until sunday afternoons, unless they opt to stay home alltogether. So I will of course try to do it there, it's a very familiar place, and at least two of the people dont mind lending a hand if someone is tripping balls. Last time that happened to me it was because some jackass was tweaking out and trying repeatedly to freak me out, and it worked... and thankfully the host (my friend) got him to stop, helped me to the couch to lay down, and gave me a bottle of water.

Generally supportive, and thankfully the pain in the neck that likes to mess with people doesnt show up anymore.

Small, private party with old friends... good option. Also included: mp3 player with carefully selected music.

This is my first option, which I will use if possible  :grin:. I'll only resort to covert home use if necessary. since I prepared the mescaline from my own cactus, I have an inexplicable feeling of trust towards it, which would no doubt be very helpful when tripping.

Also I might add... only 12" boiled for 1.5 hours... then squeezed dry, really freaking hard.

Really, nothing but cellulose left, and waxy skin flakes.

I dont expect a full-on trip. But if one comes along, I'll be ready =)

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#4691543 - 09/21/05 08:17 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

If its not too loud, definitely keep the overhead fan on while you boil.  When I cook pedro it smells up the whole apartment.  I always keep the fan on high and have the windows open just out of courtesey.  Careful. 

If you want to do this right, develop a sudden interest in the culinary arts.  Make a habit out of cooking strange dishes late at night.  They'll never suspect a thing after a while. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Odour de San Pedro slime [Re: Noviseer]
    #4691610 - 09/21/05 08:32 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Hehe, well I allready have sort of a tendency like that to randomly fixate on cooking something at a seemingly senseless time, which works to my advantage. Thankfully I found the smell was distinctive, but not overly potent, I just left the kitchen window and sliding glass door open, since they allready were.

No overhead fan... it's as loud as a train going by, although surprisingly I managed to use the blender without disturbing anyone. I am doubtful the potency I wound up with though. I didnt get to boil the flesh as long as I would have liked, but I guess a "buzz" effect would be good so I can get my bearings first before I pick up a 16-incher and thoroughly extract it... and then trip nicely. Then again I'm going to treat it as though I were taking a big dose the first time, because I don't know my sensitivity or if this tricho was potent or not... just so I'm prepared not to freak out over dosage if I start to trip.

I should probably set up a debit card or checking account so I can start ordering from eBay without needing to travel to the bank and get a money order, should make getting more cuttings easier.

*Edit* also, my friend just informed me that he's getting some psilos this weekend, so I definitely expect a period in the near future where I get to do some awesome exploration! I'm tempted to buy a crapload of shrooms and hoarde them, would this be a bad idea?

--------------------

Edited by Konnrade (09/21/05 08:52 PM)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #4692307 - 09/21/05 10:55 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Konnrade said:
I'm tempted to buy a crapload of shrooms and hoarde them, would this be a bad idea?

Not at all. If they are cracker dry you can store them in the freezer indefinately.

Have fun.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Odour de San Pedro slime [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4692802 - 09/22/05 12:16 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I've had some just sit in a drawer for half a year and turn out fine. Just make sure they're nice and dry. Cooler the better. Are they cubes? Other varieties have been said to degrade faster. MJ made a few posts describing this.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Odour de San Pedro slime [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4693111 - 09/22/05 01:04 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I won't know until I buy them. I know they are safe as the source has always provided safe shrooms, but my friend isn't exactly into the science of the shrooms so he's not likely to know if they're cubes. I'd wager they were, simply by odds.

Also, back on the subject of mescaline... a friend of mine is in charge of the garden center at a local Target, and he found two T. Pachaoi in one pot, one is 20" and the other 25". The price for both is 30 bucks, 30 freaking bucks for rooted, potted T. Pachanoi. My friend assures me they're in decent health too, as he throws away anything that looks unhealthy right away.

They might not be potent, but cactii that big are a prime candidate for a big burst of growth next spring/summer! A season with the right love might make me a happy customer indeed :laugh:

Edited by Konnrade (09/22/05 01:08 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Pressure Cooker, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden