Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBiNz
Dazed andConfused
Male User Gallery

Loc: Upstate NY
Found lots of P. Semilanceata?
    #4678126 - 09/18/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I found lots of these shrooms growing in a grassy field and they appear to be Psilocybe semilanceata...
Caps: Appear to be rusty brown to a fading yellow color.
Gills: Appear to be brown / purpleish
Stem: Long, Pale & Rusty Brown... seems to be blueing or darkening on stem
Sporeprint: Very Dark Brown / Almost black

http://vulcan.cybexhost.com/~thebinz/binz/shrooms/1.jpg http://vulcan.cybexhost.com/~thebinz/binz/shrooms/2.jpg http://vulcan.cybexhost.com/~thebinz/bin...z/shrooms/4.jpg http://vulcan.cybexhost.com/~thebinz/binz/shrooms/5.jpg http://vulcan.cybexhost.com/~thebinz/binz/shrooms/6.jpg
http://vulcan.cybexhost.com/~thebinz/binz/shrooms/7.jpg
http://vulcan.cybexhost.com/~thebinz/binz/shrooms/8.jpg

Edited by BiNz (09/18/05 04:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGwize
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Found lots of P. Semilanceata? [Re: BiNz]
    #4678146 - 09/18/05 04:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yo man those are not it

Offlinejasof
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4678194 - 09/18/05 04:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think those are Panaeolus Subbalteatus.

InvisibleGoKart
Dr.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Found lots of P. Semilanceata? [Re: jasof]
    #4678213 - 09/18/05 04:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jasof said:
I think those are Panaeolus Subbalteatus.

I second that.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/pteropilot

OfflineBiNz
Dazed andConfused
Male User Gallery

Re: Found lots of P. Semilanceata? [Re: jasof]
    #4678233 - 09/18/05 04:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

They actually look exactly like Panaeolus Subbalteatus and have the exact same characteristics... whats the dosage?

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #4679438 - 09/18/05 09:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

first, i advise you to print evry single one, then keep only those that have black prints, even i still get paneolinas in my picks.
the dosage is a crapshoot, i find the potency varies wildly.
MJ suggests the potency is equal to cubensis.

i can aggree with that, but cubes are less likely to be at the low end of potency (tho i have had bunk cubes on occasion)

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Found lots of P. Semilanceata? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4682713 - 09/19/05 04:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MJ suggests the potency is equal to cubensis.

Lemme correct that, MJ states that they are equal in potency to cubensis in dry weight, not in general.

I have to take about 90 caps dry to get my level 4.

they are small mushrooms already, but take away 90% of their mass and they are just..... a little pile of crumply things that dont even look like mushrooms.

most or all of your mushrooms are panaolina foenisecii, an inactive mushroom. I see only one possible subb, and its in the dead center of 5.jpg, but still the lines on the stem go downward instead of in a spiral, which would indicate panaeolina foenisecii.

if you want to distinguish them apart, try taking prints of every cap. the ones with brown prints are foenisecii, the ones with black are most likely subbalteatus, in which case your probably only going to find 4 or 5 and be about 25 caps or so short from a level 2 trip.

but get back to us when you find out how many black prints you find, and by the way
happy hunting.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Found lots of P. Semilanceata? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4682736 - 09/19/05 04:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

and panaeolinas can get huge like that fat one you have there, which make them seem too big to be them.

that right there is 2 pan foes i found that amazed me with their size.

heres some subb pictures

also check out the gallery of shroomery member "angryshroom"
hes got a wicked section with pics from the same patch those above mushrooms came from :thumbup:

OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

#4684596 - 09/19/05 10:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah some of those pics look A LOT like subbs to me

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Found lots of P. Semilanceata? [Re: Mr_Psilocin]
    #4684834 - 09/19/05 11:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

print every cap, and make sure u know what stem goes with what... :lol: (i used to not save them with subbs, but every bit of weight counts)

I still dont think you are going to find many.

Got those prints back yet?

OfflineBiNz
Dazed andConfused
Male User Gallery

#4685356 - 09/20/05 06:20 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I can testify that they are active... last night i picked 15 of the driest mushrooms and added them to a PB&J sandwhich... Only about 10-15 mins later i could feel them in my stomach and then i could feel the psilocybin work its way up into all my muscles. The Lighting seemed to change a bit, my eyelids felt heavy, and my face felt a bit flushed. 15 mushies seemed to get me to level 1... If i got to level 1 last night do you think i would have built up a big enough tollerance that the mushrooms wont affect me 24 hours later? I think im going to try 25-30 tonight, does anyone know a good tea recipe? (Note.I did weed out the mushrooms that didnt give a jet black spore print) If anyone has experiance with pan. subbs. how many of them does it take you to get to level 4? Ill post some pics of my dried babys soon :smile: Cheers

OfflineBiNz
Dazed andConfused
Male User Gallery

#4685728 - 09/20/05 10:37 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ShroomieOfDoomie - If you think picture "5.jpg" contains a pan. subb... take a look at this picture and tell me what you think.
http://vulcan.cybexhost.com/~thebinz/binz/shrooms/9.jpg
Drying out:
http://vulcan.cybexhost.com/~thebinz/binz/shrooms/10.jpg
Most of the mushrooms may be panaolina foenisecii but according to articles i have read online, they are edible and they may be active(" Haard and Haard (1975) suggested that psilocybin and psilocin are only found in this fungus in the United States on the East Coast;") Until i have the shits really bad or puke nonstop, i will continue to experiment with the panaolina foenisecii mushrooms.
Im going to make mushrooms tea tonight and ill be sure to report the outcome.

Edited by BiNz (09/20/05 01:32 PM)

OfflineBabaOreilly
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: under the sea
    #4686280 - 09/20/05 02:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Ive read articles like those before too however I think it is unanimous here among the mushroom experts that panaeolina foensici is an inactive mushroom, and the explanation for positive test results is that the samples had a few panaeolus subbalteatus mixed in. You should wait at least a couple of days before you take a higher dose, because theres a chance the tolerance could interfere with your results. Also, not that I am saying you are wrong or anything, but I have seen some other posts similar to this one and I wouldn't be suprized if someone were to claim that placebo was accountable for your experience.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Found lots of P. Semilanceata? [Re: BabaOreilly]
    #4686372 - 09/20/05 02:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I still dont see any "for sure" subbs, you would have to print them all to tell, but I can say panaeolina foenisecii was never active at any point, a few subbs just got mixed in with the tests. Expect diahrea with any pan species.

The effects you describe sound like a placebo. I once ate 100 fresh pan foes and felt that way too, but i dont think it would have mattered wether or was 100 or 1, its all placebo. Whatever caps drop black spore prints is probably a subb like i said. but if u like to eat pan foes that taste like fleshless dirt and do absolutely nothing for you other than make you more aquainted with the toilet, then go ahead and have ur fun.

SoD

OfflineBlek
Stranger
Male

Loc: The universe
    #4687655 - 09/20/05 08:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Like doomie said you probably have some foes in there.  But, depending on your area, the appearance of your subbs/foes may vary.  I have about 4 ounces of dried subbs and not a single one of them has spiraled lines on the stems.  All are perfectly vertical.  Subbs from the east coast may not look like west coast subbs.  In closing.. listen to doomie and print those babies!

Also, you need to do some serious research if you thought those were liberty caps :what:

Sounded like a placebo effect to me too.

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #4687790 - 09/20/05 08:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

they all look like foe's to me. Plus you can see the brown spore print. Odds are if you are finding them in un-manured grass, they are foes and not subbs, and despite what some sites say, foe's are not active. But, with a little research, you could find some subbs in your area and they are a real treat!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale