Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: HEPA Filter, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblegotyerback
SpiritualAdvisor
Female User Gallery

My Grow Stalled (pics)
    #4641385 - 09/10/05 11:43 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I've been doing my best to read directions and grow teks to figure this out on my own. I think I did ok so far, but I could use some advice now:

Here is my setup so far:

And these are a couple more tubs with a container of casing (has green dot):

These are the result of using Doc's wild birdseed tek and another straw tek. Good results so far.

This is tub one that has been cased and has massive overlay, keep your fingers away from that myc or you may lose them. The myc is growing up the sides of the container:

This is tub two that has not yet been cased:
It is a nice tub that was grown in straw from Michael's and some Black Cow composted manure from Home Depot. Seems to grow nice. Still fluffy, still growing?

Here is a tub that has been cased, the myc just blasted right through the casing and now has some goofy looking lumps where the arrows are pointing. What is that?

Here are two more tubs also growing in straw and manure in a big cooler. The thermometer at one point went up to 118 degrees. It is still white and fluffy now. This is uncased:

So basically what I have are some very colonized tubs grown in straw and manure, some are cased, some not. All are SUPER HUMID. And the humidity is natural, from the straw apparently. The mycelium seems to be healthy, but if you can see from the pictures, there are some brown spots, I'm guessing from water drops, not contamination and there are a lot of water drops right on the surfaces. I say they are not contaminated because of the speed the myc grew and general healthiness of the myc, not ruling that out though. And then I have those strange mounds coming from the one tub. The tubs are all still hot. The one with the thermometer is hovering around 100 degrees.

The trouble is keeping the tubs cool for the fruiting. The room temp is around 80 and the air conditioning doesn't cool it off much. I am closing off vents to the rest of the house to force air to this room. The vent is in the ceiling above the cooler and blows down. I covered it with a hepa filter just to keep dust out of the room.

I guess my questions are:
The cased tubs, do I recase, scratch and case, just cool off, or are they fucked?
The uncased tubs; case now and put right under the A/C to avoid overlay?
Maybe put clear plastic inside the tubs so when the cold air blows on them it get trapped in the tub a little better?
I have one of those cool misters from one of the sponsors here, you can see it in the pictures of the setup; keep that off until they begin to fruit? Turn on the air exchange without the humidity now and humidify if Rh goes down during fruiting?
Should I take these tubs and put in an outside bed to let nature take over?

I am using flourescent light diffusers with natural room light, I don't think that is an issue.

Don't mean to run to the message board for help, I'm just a little panicky now and can't think straight. Hoping some experts can guide a little.

O by the way, here are some colonized bags that are on deck. How long can I let them sit colonized? Any suggestions for these bags will likely be used.

If I can get some help with this I will post pics of the whole grow, there are some things I did that may be of interest.
Thanks

Edited by gotyerback (09/11/05 09:02 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFooManM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rescue This (pics) [Re: gotyerback]
    #4641480 - 09/10/05 12:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, that's a lot of questions! Temps seems to be your main problem. 100 degrees!  :shocked: I'll let someone else give their advice on what you should do now, but I would figure out some way to get the temps down or else it really doesn't matter what you do. They won't fruit at such a high temp. Maybe get a little window AC for that room?

--------------------

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Rescue This (pics) [Re: FooMan]
    #4641613 - 09/10/05 12:44 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah your gonna have to get your temps down in the house, and you need to use more caseing layer and patch them puppies.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Offlineslowpork
Stranger
Re: Rescue This (pics) [Re: Civ]
    #4641674 - 09/10/05 01:05 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hope this helps.  Put water in ziplock bag, and freeze it until it becomes ice, and hang in your chamber.  Once it melts, you can put it back in the fridge, and reuse.  This is cheaper than using A/C, and you can drop temp a lot.  Check your strain about temp.  I think it should be around 70s for fruiting and pinning.  Also don't forget 12/12 light.  :smile:

Invisiblegotyerback
SpiritualAdvisor
Female User Gallery

Re: Rescue This (pics) [Re: slowpork]
    #4641965 - 09/10/05 02:20 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks Civ

Would you recase an already cased batch?

Case with an inch or 2?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: HEPA Filter, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation