Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Homeland Security Is Obviously A Facade
    #4607986 - 09/01/05 11:58 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

All the money spent on homeland security and where is the disaster response. If Katrina was a dirty nuclear bomb this is what the response would be, slow and leaderless. There was obviously no plan for a disaster so what is all the money for homeland security being spent on?

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Homeland Security Is Obviously A Facade [Re: 1stimer]
    #4608004 - 09/01/05 12:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

pensions?

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #4608006 - 09/01/05 12:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Feeling up old white ladies at the airports.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4608012 - 09/01/05 12:02 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

as VEX said in another thread

this is the biggest national disaster we've had to deal with

we are all learning

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4608018 - 09/01/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

My husband and I have been discussing that all day. No one it seems is taking charge and control and it's getting worse. We have so many resources a half days drive away. I fail to see how so many are still without food and water and stuck in there. We should've had convoys coming in from every state 2 days ago to haul in supplies and haul people out.

It sure does look like there was no plan in place. It's terribly unorganized and growing more out of control by the day.

Whats the difference between this storms devastation or an attack on us is right. The response should've been the same and if this was a war attack, we sucked hard at response. That is not to negate what has been done. I'm just dumbfounded with the government right now. I thought they had peoples asses covered better then this.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: Homeland Security Is Obviously A Facade [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4608065 - 09/01/05 12:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It seems to me that Bush needs to be more of a leader.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #4608092 - 09/01/05 12:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
My husband and I have been discussing that all day. No one it seems is taking charge and control and it's getting worse. We have so many resources a half days drive away. I fail to see how so many are still without food and water and stuck in there. We should've had convoys coming in from every state 2 days ago to haul in supplies and haul people out.

It sure does look like there was no plan in place. It's terribly unorganized and growing more out of control by the day.

Whats the difference between this storms devastation or an attack on us is right. The response should've been the same and if this was a war attack, we sucked hard at response. That is not to negate what has been done. I'm just dumbfounded with the government right now. I thought they had peoples asses covered better then this.

so the fact that everything is underwater, including the ROADS, has nothing
to do with the logistical issues the rescue operations are facing?

I love all these armchair quarterbacks acting like they know how to run
a situation of this magnitude.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Homeland Security Is Obviously A Facade [Re: afoaf]
    #4608113 - 09/01/05 12:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Helicopters? Boats?

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Homeland Security Is Obviously A Facade [Re: bukkake]
    #4608127 - 09/01/05 12:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

and how many helicopters and boats are just lying around handy
to evacuate 10's of thousands of people?!

especially when you consider a HURRICANE JUST PASSED THROUGH
that part of town.

man, use your head.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisiblebukkake
Male

#4608160 - 09/01/05 12:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Are you implying the United States doesn't have an enormous amount of helicopters to evacuate people or transport supplies? People are stranded at the Superdome, most without food or water. Very poor preparation on the part of the government for after Katrina swept through. What did they think was going to happen?

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4608196 - 09/01/05 12:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It's not a FACT that there is no way in or out of many of those areas. Reporters are getting in and out. There are mass exodus's of people who gave up waiting for busses and are walking out along the highways.

The fact is, you can get in and out of the city. Not as easily as before as bridges are out or under water but there is access and trucks can be convoying in and out.

Watch current footage. They aren't. This is dumb. We had 3 days to preplan and it's the 5th day since the storm. People are dying of dehydration walking out on roads the whole of the U.S. has access to.

I would drive there now from Tampa with water if I didn't have to be concerned about getting carjacked and shot at and finding myself stuck in that mess.

I, at this point am all for shooting to kill ANYONE obstructing aid efforts. The ones thwarting aide are not helping the situation, they are hindering it and are lousy excuses for Americans. Good Riddance!

Who the fuck shoots at people trying to help them and others at a time like this? I don't care if they are exterminated from the planet. I really don't.

Do you want those thugs being evacuated to your town next? They are going to get out eventually and pick up their pieces by criminalizing other areas of the nation. They don't know how to give and be constructive and productive citizens.

Why loose hundreds to thousands of more decent human beings to save a spare the lives of guys shooting at helpers.

Everyone I have talked with today on the phone and out about have all agreed that we need to take those fuckers out.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4608231 - 09/01/05 12:55 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

This just in: Snipers fire on aid workers trying to evacuate NO hospital.

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Re: Homeland Security Is Obviously A Facade [Re: Redstorm]
    #4608238 - 09/01/05 12:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Kill them. Immediately. Don't even bother reporting it. Just blame it on another looter. Most of these people have to be on OTC drugs.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Homeland Security Is Obviously A Facade [Re: bukkake]
    #4608246 - 09/01/05 12:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

No kidding. Anyone who fires on aid workers is not fit to live.

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #4608271 - 09/01/05 01:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

afoaf said:
and how many helicopters and boats are just lying around handy
to evacuate 10's of thousands of people?!

There are definitely helicopters in Iraq, but that's a little too far away for them to respond to domestic needs.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Homeland Security Is Obviously A Facade [Re: Redstorm]
    #4608273 - 09/01/05 01:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
No kidding. Anyone who fires on aid workers is not fit to live.

:thumbup:

Screw any whining up the road that police and military were shooting at civilians. People who are shooting at aid workers are not civilized and don't count as civilians.

Shoot to kill!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
    #4608279 - 09/01/05 01:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I've got a boat and a chain saw! I can't get the images of people trapped and dying/ drowning in thier ATTICS!!! As we speak! We all need to do something. If no one else can help, then we need to become self-sufficient on a private level. This is rediculous.
After we can get near a death toll, which probably won't be finished until long after they've drained it, we're going to have thousands of our fellow humans homeless. As if the problem weren't bad enough already! Everyone is in shock. But those capable of doing more, including those operating on a private level, haven't done enough.

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Homeland Security Is Obviously A Facade [Re: austio_ferocious]
    #4608324 - 09/01/05 01:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Not only drowning but others have been baking alive in over 100 degree attics with no water or tools to bust out to get saved.

There is a bigger problem now. Many have been driving in to help and they are being car jacked and shot at.

The homeless count a few days ago was already at one million.

Already hundreds of people have been taking in families.

I don't like the helpless feeling myself as I want to help. I sent a check in to the Red Cross on Tuesday. I would drive in with water but I don't want to get car jacked.

I think only today more people started realizing the magnitude of this. People were treating it like a joke earlier.

It's frustrating.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
    #4608597 - 09/01/05 01:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

An entire town has been destroyed and is underwater. Are you a Monday morning quarterback simply saying "Hey, something is bad, it must be the fault of the government!" or do you have real ideas for how to get things solved down there. I volunteer with the Red Cross and we need volunteers to go down there. PM me if you'd like information, I'll call you and we can have your brilliance on scene in a day or two. Maybe you could bring a REALLY BIG bucket and bail the city out?

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
Re: Homeland Security Is Obviously A Facade [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4608608 - 09/01/05 02:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Does anyone offical, such as National Guardsmen, feel that they are so understaffed because of the Iraq war that they can't do their job? If not, it's just your "anti-war sentiment" colored glasses shading what you see. What the fuck good would a Abrams tank do in New Orleans? What would Special Forces do? Shoot the water out? Bomb it?

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag