Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: Department Of Homeland Security [Re: BuzzDoctor]
    #1076719 - 11/22/02 11:42 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I meant, the goal of this Homeland Security stuff (the stated goal, possibly not the real underlying one) is to -prevent terrorism.- Do you realize what a frightening goal that is for the government of the most powerful nation in the world to take on, assuming they are going to take it seriously?
It would mean either political dissent will be impossible, or acts of violence will be impossible. As long as human beings have any margin of free will, any stretch time in their life without total surveillance, it will be possible to plot and carry out a violent act. And as long as it is possible, someone will.
But what would it take to make people unable to *want* to do it- the Ministry of Love?

I was in an airport just recently, and it struck me as a bleak premonition of the way the whole world will be in the future. If this was my life every day, I am pretty sure I could not make bombs- and I certainly couldn't use or possess drugs.
They scanned me, questioned me, patted me down, made me take off my shoes, opened my bags and dug through my clothes, swabbed my carryon to test for explosives and drugs. Had to present ID, fill out forms, present ID, empty my pockets into a little bin and present ID again. Guards with guns at each corner watching the people slide by on the moving sidewalk. Please watch your step as you exit the moving walk. There were at least two security cameras staring at me at all times. A clean, sterile environment, with soothing music playing, and no way in or out except through heavily guarded security checkpoints. EXCUSE ME PLEASE STEP BEHIND THE RED LINE!

On the plane, my "meal" arrived in a sealed tray; I opened it, studied the little plastic knife. It was more rigid than I would have expected. If I were to wedge it in my belt buckle and snap off part of the blade at an angle, I could probably stand up and slam it into the stewardess' carotid artery before anyone could stop me.

This thought brought me great relief.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Department Of Homeland Security [Re: Xibalba]
    #1076724 - 11/22/02 11:46 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

great post...

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
Re: Department Of Homeland Security [Re: Xibalba]
    #1076977 - 11/22/02 01:28 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yep....brave new world......its already here.

--------------------
Don't squeeze the pancake batter

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]