Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Chavez Says His Government Could Ask for Robertson's Extradition
    #4598648 - 08/30/05 10:39 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Venezuela's Chavez Says His Government Could Ask for Robertson's Extradition
The Associated Press
Published: Aug 28, 2005

CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said Sunday that his government could request the extradition of U.S. religious broadcaster Pat Robertson for suggesting American agents should kill him.
Speaking to foreign delegations attending a meeting of the Organization of American States in Caracas, Chavez said Venezuela would "exercise legal action in the United States" against Robertson.

Robertson's comments last week have increased already tense relations between Caracas and Washington. He called for Chavez's assassination on his TV show "The 700 Club," saying the United States should "take him out" because the Venezuelan leader poses a danger to the region.

Robertson, founder of the Christian Coalition of America, later issued an apology.

"Calling for the assassination of a head of state is a terrorist act," said Chavez, an outspoken critic of U.S. President George W. Bush who has forged strong relations with communist-led Cuba.

"We could even request his extradition," he added.

The Bush administration also swiftly distanced itself from Robertson's comments Tuesday. State Department spokesman Sean McCormack called the remarks "inappropriate."

Venezuela has demanded a stronger condemnation of Robertson's remarks.

Earlier Sunday, Rev. Jesse Jackson offered support for Chavez, saying the call for his assassination was a criminal act.

The U.S. civil rights leader, who is on a four-day visit to Venezuela, called Robertson's statements "immoral" and "illegal." He urged U.S. authorities to take action, and said the U.S. government must choose "diplomacy over any threats of sabotage or isolation or assassination."

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBUVS62YCE.html

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Chavez Says His Government Could Ask for Robertson's Extradition [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4598803 - 08/30/05 11:54 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I agree. Something must be done about that madman, Robertson.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Chavez Says His Government Could Ask for Robertson's Extradition [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4598805 - 08/30/05 11:55 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

That makes two loony toons people.

I started to get disturbed when Venezuala's ambassador was on CNN and he said to the effect that the US government should prevent people saying anything like that in the first place by penalty of law. Perhaps he has not heard of the First Amendment? real hero.

Anyways, if Chavez want's to extradite a private citizen from another country over something that was entirely protected under the First Amendment, and a man who has no actual power to harm Chavez, I'd say he belongs in the fucking looney bin. It says alot about his government. By his logic half of the Muslim world belongs in jail (US jails) for chanting Death to America.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Chavez Says His Government Could Ask for Robertson's Extradition [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4598817 - 08/30/05 12:00 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What Robertson said is right on the edge of not being covered by the first amendment. Any speech that leads to "immediate lawless action" is not covered by the freedom of speech. This is why you can not scream "Fire!" or "Bomb!" in public areas.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Chavez Says His Government Could Ask for Robertson's Extradition [Re: Redstorm]
    #4598837 - 08/30/05 12:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Oh shit, Pat Roberston said we need to assisinate Hugo Chavez so I'd better go do it!

Do you really believed that leads to "immediate lawless action"? Seriously. People on this board have said worse things about President Bush and I think nobody believes they belong in jail for that. Speaking of that what would it be when Micheal Moore calls terrorists in Iraq "minute men" and demands that the US lose to them? If he holds any clout he would guilty of "promoting" treason so he should belong in jail too? :smirk:

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Chavez Says His Government Could Ask for Robertson's Extradition [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4598849 - 08/30/05 12:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

So if I was on a tv show (which, of course has hundreds of thousands, if not millions of rabid followers) and I called for the assasination of George W. Bush because he is a threat to the American people, do you not think I would receive a visit from the Secret Service of the FBI?

I'm no crazy liberal, and I really don't believe that Bush should be assasinated, but this sort of thing should not be occurring. It is a very serious situation and probably won't be dealt with like it should be.

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
    #4598856 - 08/30/05 12:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Chavez should let the UN handle this one! Maybe they could put some sanctions on that Jesus-thumping cockface.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Chavez Says His Government Could Ask for Robertson's Extradition [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4598859 - 08/30/05 12:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

No way, if we let the UN deal with it, nothing will be done. I trust anyone's competence over the UN's.

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
Re: Chavez Says His Government Could Ask for Robertson's Extradition [Re: Redstorm]
    #4598922 - 08/30/05 12:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I know, it was a joke for the UN-lovers :wink:

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Jump to top Pages: 1