Home | Community | Message Board


Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

Registered: 05/28/05
Posts: 2,746
Loc: Classified
Chavez swipes at 'assassin' Bush
    #4585458 - 08/26/05 10:50 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez says US President George W Bush will be to blame if any thing happens to him.
He was speaking after US TV evangelist Pat Robertson called for his assassination in comments the US State Department said were "inappropriate".

Mr Robertson later apologised saying he was frustrated at Mr Chavez's constant accusations against Washington.

A senior representative of America's evangelical Christians says he is trying to meet Mr Chavez to apologise.

Mr Chavez said on Friday that Pat Robertson "was expressing the wishes of the US elite".

"If anything happens to me then the man responsible will be George W Bush. He will be the assassin," the Venezuelan president said at a public event. "This is pure terrorism."

Missionaries' safety

Earlier, the Rev Ted Haggard, president of the National Association of Evangelicals, said he was seeking a meeting with Mr Chavez to distance US Christians from the remarks.

He is in Mexico, where he is meeting a friend of Mr Chavez, and if all goes well he will travel on to Caracas for an encounter that could embarrass the White House.


Pat Robertson has apologised for his call to "take out" Chavez

Mr Haggard says he wants to secure assurances from Mr Chavez about the safety of American evangelical missionaries working in Venezuela.

The Venezuelan government temporarily suspended permits for foreign missionaries on Friday so regulations for preachers in the country could be tightened.

"We were already working on this, but these declarations have made us speed things up," said chief of the Justice Ministry's religious affairs unit, Carlos Gonzalez.

Political rivalry

On Monday, Pat Robertson told viewers of his influential TV show, the 700 Club, that the US should act on Mr Chavez's recurrent complaints that the US was allegedly trying to assassinate him.

"I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it," he said.

It comes amid tense relations between the two countries.

Washington regards the Venezuelan leader as a dangerous left-winger with ambitions to dominate South America, says the BBC Justin Webb in Caracas.

Mr Chavez - a friend of Cuban leader Fidel Castro - equally dislikes Mr Bush, and regularly suggests to his people that the Bush administration provides a military threat to Venezuela.

The two nations have recently broken off co-operation on combating illegal drugs, though America still buys Venezuelan oil. The nation is the world's fifth-largest producer.




http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4188578.stm


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblekrishnamurti
Stranger
Registered: 06/27/05
Posts: 382
Re: Chavez swipes at 'assassin' Bush [Re: bukkake]
    #4592614 - 08/28/05 11:14 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Washington regards the Venezuelan leader as a dangerous left-winger




whats the most dangerous thing a left winger could do..?


--------------------
I'll see you down in Guantanamo Bay

Donate spores to FSRC or suffer the consequences!*

Wikipedia

Overgrow has been shut down :sad: check out www.icmag.com if you need MJ info

*consequences may or may not be suffered


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 10/08/02
Posts: 44,174
Last seen: 3 months, 20 days
Re: Chavez swipes at 'assassin' Bush [Re: krishnamurti]
    #4592646 - 08/28/05 11:20 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

krishnamurti said:
Quote:

Washington regards the Venezuelan leader as a dangerous left-winger




whats the most dangerous thing a left winger could do..?




Quote:

Joseph Stalin, leader of the Soviet Union, set in motion events designed to cause a famine in the Ukraine to destroy the people there seeking independence from his rule. As a result, an estimated 7,000,000 persons perished in this farming area, known as the breadbasket of Europe, with the people deprived of the food they had grown with their own hands.




http://www.historyplace.com/worldhistory/genocide/stalin.htm


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Registered: 06/15/02
Posts: 15,608
Re: Chavez swipes at 'assassin' Bush [Re: krishnamurti]
    #4592825 - 08/28/05 11:54 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

krishnamurti said:
whats the most dangerous thing a left winger could do..?




Get tenure at a university.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJaimie
Stranger
 User Gallery
Registered: 08/14/05
Posts: 87
Loc: Canada
Last seen: 8 months, 7 days
Re: Chavez swipes at 'assassin' Bush [Re: bukkake]
    #4592868 - 08/29/05 12:02 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:



"If anything happens to me then the man responsible will be George W Bush. He will be the assassin," the Venezuelan president said at a public event. "This is pure terrorism."






:thumbup:I makes me happy that ideas like this are becoming more prominent and less associated with conspiracy theory...because really, what is blatently obvious should not be labelled as "conspiracy". :grin:

Quote:

Joseph Stalin, leader of the Soviet Union, set in motion events designed to cause a famine in the Ukraine to destroy the people there seeking independence from his rule. As a result, an estimated 7,000,000 persons perished in this farming area, known as the breadbasket of Europe, with the people deprived of the food they had grown with their own hands.




Do you really think Stalin was a leftist though? I know lots of people  do and of course he's one of the first people who comes to mind when the word "communism" is uttered, but I think he just played the left like they all do.  :tongue:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Registered: 06/15/05
Posts: 376
Loc: Inside my head
Last seen: 11 years, 2 months
Re: Chavez swipes at 'assassin' Bush [Re: Jaimie]
    #4593153 - 08/29/05 12:46 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Bush is worse than an assasin, he is a war criminal. But whatever it takes to disolve the wool that has been pulled over our country's eyes I'm all for it.


--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Forgiveness is the ultimate sacrifice.

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 10/08/02
Posts: 44,174
Last seen: 3 months, 20 days
Re: Chavez swipes at 'assassin' Bush [Re: Jaimie]
    #4593325 - 08/29/05 01:11 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

If Stalin is not a good enough example of a fascist left-winger, what other examples would you like? Mao? Guevara? I could go on and on.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Registered: 04/23/05
Posts: 581
Last seen: 11 years, 5 days
Re: Chavez swipes at 'assassin' Bush [Re: bukkake]
    #4593343 - 08/29/05 01:14 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bukkake said:
Quote:

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez says US President George W Bush will be to blame if any thing happens to him.
He was speaking after US TV evangelist Pat Robertson called for his assassination in comments the US State Department said were "inappropriate".

Mr Robertson later apologised saying he was frustrated at Mr Chavez's constant accusations against Washington.

A senior representative of America's evangelical Christians says he is trying to meet Mr Chavez to apologise.

Mr Chavez said on Friday that Pat Robertson "was expressing the wishes of the US elite".

"If anything happens to me then the man responsible will be George W Bush. He will be the assassin," the Venezuelan president said at a public event. "This is pure terrorism."

Missionaries' safety

Earlier, the Rev Ted Haggard, president of the National Association of Evangelicals, said he was seeking a meeting with Mr Chavez to distance US Christians from the remarks.

He is in Mexico, where he is meeting a friend of Mr Chavez, and if all goes well he will travel on to Caracas for an encounter that could embarrass the White House.


Pat Robertson has apologised for his call to "take out" Chavez

Mr Haggard says he wants to secure assurances from Mr Chavez about the safety of American evangelical missionaries working in Venezuela.

The Venezuelan government temporarily suspended permits for foreign missionaries on Friday so regulations for preachers in the country could be tightened.

"We were already working on this, but these declarations have made us speed things up," said chief of the Justice Ministry's religious affairs unit, Carlos Gonzalez.

Political rivalry

On Monday, Pat Robertson told viewers of his influential TV show, the 700 Club, that the US should act on Mr Chavez's recurrent complaints that the US was allegedly trying to assassinate him.

"I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it," he said.

It comes amid tense relations between the two countries.

Washington regards the Venezuelan leader as a dangerous left-winger with ambitions to dominate South America, says the BBC Justin Webb in Caracas.

Mr Chavez - a friend of Cuban leader Fidel Castro - equally dislikes Mr Bush, and regularly suggests to his people that the Bush administration provides a military threat to Venezuela.

The two nations have recently broken off co-operation on combating illegal drugs, though America still buys Venezuelan oil. The nation is the world's fifth-largest producer.




http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4188578.stm




Chavez has taken steps towards ending the US lead war on drugs, this alone makes him better than Bush.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Registered: 06/15/05
Posts: 376
Loc: Inside my head
Last seen: 11 years, 2 months
Re: Chavez swipes at 'assassin' Bush [Re: LSDempire]
    #4593410 - 08/29/05 01:24 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

The fact that he hasn't invaded another country under false pretenses puts him above bush. But taking steps to stop the treasonous DEA even an inch makes him 1000x better than bush.


--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Forgiveness is the ultimate sacrifice.

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Registered: 04/23/05
Posts: 581
Last seen: 11 years, 5 days
Re: Chavez swipes at 'assassin' Bush [Re: Sycronica]
    #4593844 - 08/29/05 02:34 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sycronica said:
The fact that he hasn't invaded another country under false pretenses puts him above bush. But taking steps to stop the treasonous DEA even an inch makes him 1000x better than bush.




I agree about the DEA, but invading Iraq was not so bad, Saddam was an asshole.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Registered: 10/20/99
Posts: 894
Loc: inside my skull
Last seen: 1 day, 22 hours
Re: Chavez swipes at 'assassin' Bush [Re: LSDempire]
    #4594104 - 08/29/05 03:55 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Bush is an asshole too, I hope North Korea invades the US  :rolleyes:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Registered: 04/23/05
Posts: 581
Last seen: 11 years, 5 days
Re: Chavez swipes at 'assassin' Bush [Re: Aldous]
    #4594125 - 08/29/05 04:02 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Aldous said:
Bush is an asshole too, I hope North Korea invades the US  :rolleyes:




Me too!  But how would that help Americans?  North Korea would cause its own regime change.  So a NK invasion of the United States would help North Koreans, assuming they don't support that Stalinist government.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Registered: 07/27/05
Posts: 1,740
Loc: Here, there and everywher...
Last seen: 11 years, 26 days
Re: Chavez swipes at 'assassin' Bush [Re: bukkake]
    #4594261 - 08/29/05 05:38 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Pat Robertson says something and it's Bush's fault? Can someone show me the connection here, I think it flew over my head. Or, alternately, it doesn't exist.


--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Registered: 04/23/05
Posts: 581
Last seen: 11 years, 5 days
Re: Chavez swipes at 'assassin' Bush [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4594272 - 08/29/05 05:47 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MagicalMystery said:
Pat Robertson says something and it's Bush's fault? Can someone show me the connection here, I think it flew over my head. Or, alternately, it doesn't exist.




Bush supports the war on drugs, what other reason to oppose him do you need?


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

Registered: 05/28/05
Posts: 2,746
Loc: Classified
Re: Chavez swipes at 'assassin' Bush [Re: LSDempire]
    #4594397 - 08/29/05 09:36 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Venezuela's president says his government will take legal action against a US TV evangelist who called for US agents to kill him.
Hugo Chavez said Venezuela might even seek to extradite Pat Robertson. He also warned he would complain to the UN if the US failed to take action.

Mr Robertson has apologised for his comments, which came amid already tense US-Venezuela relations.

On Sunday, US civil rights leader Jesse Jackson lent support to Mr Chavez.

On a visit to Venezuela, Mr Jackson denounced Mr Robertson's assassination call as immoral and illegal.

He called on the US Justice Department to investigate the matter.

The US State Department has called Mr Robertson's comments "inappropriate".

Extradition

"I announce that my government is going to take legal action in the United States... to call for the assassination of a head of state is an act of terrorism," Mr Chavez said in a televised speech.

"If the US government does not take action that it must take, we will go to the United Nations and the Organization of American States to denounce the US government," Mr Chavez said.

Mr Chavez, who has frequently charged that the US are plotting to kill him, said Mr Robertson was "crazy" and "a public menace".

On Sunday, Rev Jackson said the US and Venezuela should work out their differences through diplomacy.

Diplomatic tension

Mr Robertson's comments came amid tense relations between Caracas and Washington.

President Chavez is a regular critic of Washington, which regards the left-wing leader as a possible source of instability in the region.

The Venezuelan leader has said that US President George W Bush will be to blame if he is attacked.

A week ago, Pat Robertson told viewers of his influential TV show, the 700 Club, that the US should act on Mr Chavez's recurrent complaints that the US was allegedly trying to assassinate him.

The two nations have recently broken off co-operation on combating illegal drugs, though America still buys Venezuelan oil. The nation is the world's fifth-largest producer.



Extraditing Robertson would be great. Not that an extradition would be successful, since Robertson has so much money and power. But it's the thought that counts. I bolded a quote by Chavez about Robertson which is 100% true.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Registered: 04/23/05
Posts: 581
Last seen: 11 years, 5 days
Re: Chavez swipes at 'assassin' Bush [Re: bukkake]
    #4594411 - 08/29/05 09:50 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Extraditing Robertson will not be possible because he really does have support from Bush. Would calling for the assassination of Bush make us terrorists? Bush really has backed plots to kill Chavez, so Chavez has the right to do the same thing to Bush. Robertson is a nobody, Bush is the real terrorist.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Chavez Says His Government Could Ask for Robertson's Extradition lonestar2004 705 8 08/30/05 02:33 PM
by MagicalMystery
* Chavez tries a "with us or against us" tactic
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
BrAiN 4,182 107 12/04/07 02:22 PM
by EntheogenicPeace
* Chavez... gotta love the guy
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Phred 2,782 68 05/13/06 12:53 AM
by bukkake
* Chavez backs possible vote to close private TV stations Luddite 1,709 19 12/09/06 01:12 PM
by zappaisgod
* Venezuela next?
( 1 2 all )
Swami 1,733 32 09/18/05 03:25 AM
by Unagipie
* Hugo Chavez has tape of CIA plotting Venezuala Coup SquattingMarmot 610 4 09/21/03 09:47 PM
by afoaf
* Venezuelan Socialism
( 1 2 all )
lines 1,380 20 09/16/08 01:21 PM
by Redstorm
* Venezuela to seek Nuclear Power with Iran's Help.
( 1 2 all )
lonestar2004 1,679 21 05/25/05 03:04 PM
by Vvellum

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Prisoner#1, Enlil
1,098 topic views. 1 members, 2 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2016 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.075 seconds spending 0.001 seconds on 14 queries.