Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Excessive optimism?
    #4593452 - 08/29/05 01:33 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I know most people come on here when they're feeling down or depressed, but right now I have almost the opposite problem. Or that is to say, I'm wondering if it is a problem. See, I've been having these strong gut feelings lately about what a big year I have ahead of me(I graduate college in December, so I know that at least that is going to be big). I get the feeling like things are going to really start coming together for me: I'm going to find the right job for after college, find the right girl for me, and move into our own place together. While this all feels like intuition to me, many would call it wishful thinking, and they may be right. I'm just getting these vibes that I'm on the verge of something big in my life(aside from graduating college). What worries me, though, is that I might be setting myself up for disappointment. But at the same time, I'm wondering if this optimistic attitude will help manifest these things for me in my life. It may not work out exactly like I envision it, but I feel like a positive attitude like this will help get me on the right track. So what's your take on this? Is this kind of attitude a good thing, or will it end up hurting me?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Excessive optimism? [Re: Silversoul]
    #4593511 - 08/29/05 01:43 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Ambition is usually good for progress. Of course you have no guarantee of success, but I always let it carry me out to the end. Hope is only harmful if you don't have enough ambition to realize your dreams, eh?

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4593875 - 08/29/05 02:40 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Whenever I get soaring hopes like that...life has a way of kicking me in the balls.

But, I'm a "glass is half-empty" kind of person, so don't listen to me.

Edited by RandalFlagg (08/29/05 02:49 AM)

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Excessive optimism? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4593953 - 08/29/05 03:04 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I think optimism can lead to laziness. Rather than thinking that these good things will manifest themselves, which they might, you could also just do the things that will make them happen. Anyway, good luck in the next year.

OfflineTheCrawlingKing
Lost Soul

#4594305 - 08/29/05 07:28 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
I know most people come on here when they're feeling down or depressed, but right now I have almost the opposite problem. Or that is to say, I'm wondering if it is a problem. See, I've been having these strong gut feelings lately about what a big year I have ahead of me(I graduate college in December, so I know that at least that is going to be big). I get the feeling like things are going to really start coming together for me: I'm going to find the right job for after college, find the right girl for me, and move into our own place together. While this all feels like intuition to me, many would call it wishful thinking, and they may be right. I'm just getting these vibes that I'm on the verge of something big in my life(aside from graduating college). What worries me, though, is that I might be setting myself up for disappointment. But at the same time, I'm wondering if this optimistic attitude will help manifest these things for me in my life. It may not work out exactly like I envision it, but I feel like a positive attitude like this will help get me on the right track. So what's your take on this? Is this kind of attitude a good thing, or will it end up hurting me?

It's healthy man. If you work hard enough then there's no reason to say that your optimism was misplaced. Hope is always a healthy thing.

--------------------

Edited by TheCrawlingKing (08/29/05 07:29 AM)

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #4594424 - 08/29/05 10:04 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

We're always setting ourselves up for the possability of dissapointmnent, thats just life. I say use those good feelings and see what happens.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Excessive optimism? [Re: barfightlard]
    #4594773 - 08/29/05 01:03 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Just stick to the optimism and then whatever does happen will be a gift. Whatever doesn't happen, it just didn't happen.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being