Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Trip Report: OD'd on cannabis[has come to an end]
    #4590727 - 08/28/05 11:53 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

As with most posts, its only a matter of time before the flaming know-it-all ego driven masses gets their grubby little claws on it and tear it to shreds. While some instead have opted to help me figure out what happened, and have shared their experiences with excessive THC absorbtion, other choose to attack someone, not because that someone is incorrect, but because that someone shares a different reality than their own, and conflicts in reality anger these little ego-driven people. I hope that at least one spiritual seeker (as rare you are) has taken my words to heed, and will approach each and EVERY chemical teacher with the understanding that excessive doses (eg. over doses) are very easy and dangerous to attain. My teacher in this instance wasn't teaching me a lesson of moderation, but a lesson of balance, and in this balance you will find a clear path.

Edited by yousuck (08/28/05 04:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: Trip Report: OD'd on cannabis [Re: yousuck]
    #4590738 - 08/28/05 11:59 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yousuck, meet moderation. Moderation is the key. Seriously...

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing
    #4590754 - 08/28/05 12:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

lol

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #4590758 - 08/28/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sorry, don't take this the wrong way, but a) what you experienced was probably some sort of minor, or major, heart problem. I've smoked in upwards of an ounce within a 7 hour period and never reached anything like what you have stated. Personally, I think you are either lying, or your story is bullshit, and apparently your reputation does not show well about other ideas of yours. Also, if you have "ODed" on the drugs you say you have, why the hell don't you just stop doing drugs? Typically when you overdose, either you come really close to fucking yourself up, or do cause problems further down the road, or you die. So, take it for what it is.

Also, calling nature "the wrath of the gods" is bullshit and i think that you calling your home, or at least a part of it, that is even worse.

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineWeAreAllOne
Opethian

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Trip Report: OD'd on cannabis [Re: zSDMF]
    #4590763 - 08/28/05 12:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zSDMF said:
lol

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4590787 - 08/28/05 12:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Goodness. I don't know what you think you are doing, but you seem to be going about it all wrong. First of all, a good ayahuasca experience is gonna entail a death part, as well as a high dose mushroom trip. You are not recognizing what you are encountering, if indeed you have done these doses as you claim. Taking 7-9g?? Ummm, guessing you didn't weigh it, which can be disrespectful, to you the person, is not an overdose. It might be a psychic overdose for you, but it is by no means an overdose. I ingested nine dried grams and after the seven or eight hour mark, I felt like a new man, better than ever in my life.

Normally an overdose involvles something other than an unpleasent few minutes of symptoms. That is the result of taking so many fucking gravity bong hits in so short an amount of time. Jeez, just look at what you are doing. If you want to do that, then recognize that kinds of things that will happen. How do you know you only like to take these monster amounts? Seems you didn't react so well this time, or any other time you did a large dose either. Perhaps you should rethink you pattern of drug usage, it does not sound good nor like it is leading you anywhere at all. You posit to have OD'ed on all these substances, sounds like a boast to me. You have not even gotten close to the realm of mortal overdose, sorry to tell you. I wouldn't try any more in the future. Cut your losses and try to enjoy drugs from now on instead of searching for the ultimate high, desire is empty.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflinePS_Cubes
Searching...
 User Gallery

Loc: ...for LSD
Re: Trip Report: OD'd on cannabis [Re: mecreateme]
    #4590815 - 08/28/05 12:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The only way to OD on marijuana is to eat it. I've done this 2 times before.... it is nothing to be proud of or laugh about.

--------------------

OfflineJabbawaya

#4590833 - 08/28/05 12:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

yousuck said:
Beware the wrath of the gods.

There's nothing to fear if you take everything in moderation and at sane doses, with adequate preparation. Learn from this experience. I'm sorry that you had to go through that, but I hope you see now how irresponsible it is to be so excessive.

--------------------

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Trip Report: OD'd on cannabis *DELETED* [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4591034 - 08/28/05 01:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by yousuck

Reason for deletion: IO error

InvisibleInnominate
Male

#4591075 - 08/28/05 01:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds liek you are a lightweight man. I've smoke that much before and more. Anyway why would you be looking to do such a thing anyway?

OfflineDeviate
    #4591081 - 08/28/05 01:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i dissagree, you can receive many insights at lower doses. while its true that you need to dose moderately high to experience the drug's full potential, lower doses are certainly not merely an abuse of the chemical.

OfflineManicDelirium
MysteriousMycologist TechDeviant

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flawda
Re: Trip Report: OD'd on cannabis [Re: Deviate]
    #4591101 - 08/28/05 01:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:
i dissagree, you can receive many insights at lower doses. while its true that you need to dose moderately high to experience the drug's full potential, lower doses are certainly not merely an abuse of the chemical.

:thumbup:

--------------------
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" --long live the great Gonzo

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Loc: just a few notes away
Re: Trip Report: OD'd on cannabis [Re: Innominate]
    #4591113 - 08/28/05 02:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

when u say overdose on weed, what exactly happens when u overdose on weed? i always had the impression that ODing is when u die because u took more than your body limit.

OfflineFloydexperiment
Stranger

Re: Trip Report: OD'd on cannabis [Re: demiu5]
    #4591123 - 08/28/05 02:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

demius said:
  Personally, I think you are either lying, or your story is bullshit, and apparently your reputation does not show well about other ideas of yours. 

:thumbup: yup read the ratings and that will say all about this kid.

OfflineManicDelirium

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Trip Report: OD'd on cannabis [Re: ph30n1x]
    #4591125 - 08/28/05 02:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yea if no one has ever died from pot...then how could anybody even get close to OD'ing?

--------------------

OfflineAlobar
A Bucket of Lard

#4591129 - 08/28/05 02:05 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, I've OD'd on Cannabis twice. Both from a strain I came across five years ago at a Ween show. I was young and my sisters friends offered some smoke out of a bubbler in his hotel room. I coughed for a bit, then stumbled outside. My sister was coming down the sidewalk and I aproached her and then can't remember anything for ten minutes. Then I woke up in the hotel room with a damp cloth on my head??and I was EXTREMELY high. Then I passed out again, woke up five minutes later and went to the Ween show. It rocked. I stayed high for the rest of the night. I want some more of that weed.

But I'd consider losing consciousness an "overdose."

OfflineManicDelirium

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Trip Report: OD'd on cannabis [Re: ManicDelirium]
    #4591141 - 08/28/05 02:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Mustve been laced...Iv'e been an avid smoker for 10 years...and have smoked an ounce of HQ AK-47 in one sitting in a couple of hours and have never experienced this...

Edit* here ya go iit's highly unliky:

Lethal dose

No fatal overdose due to cannabis use has ever been recorded in humans. According to the Merck Index, 12th edition, the LD50, the lethal dose for 50% of tested rats, was 42 milligrams per kilogram of body weight with forced inhalation, equivalent for a 165 lb. male to ingest all of the THC in 21 one-gram cigarettes of maximum-potency (15% THC) cannabis buds, assuming no THC was lost through burning or inhalation. For oral consumption, the LD50 for rats was 1270 mg/kg and 730 mg/kg for males and females, respectively, equivalent to the THC in about a pound of 15% THC cannabis. It would be impossible for THC in blood plasma to reach such a level in human cannabis smokers. Only with intravenous administration, a method very rarely or never used by humans, may such a level be possible. Also, some evidence suggests that toxic levels may be higher for humans than for rats.

--------------------

Edited by ManicDelirium (08/28/05 02:18 PM)

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: Trip Report: OD'd on cannabis [Re: ph30n1x]
    #4591178 - 08/28/05 02:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ph30n1x said:
when u say overdose on weed,  what exactly happens when u overdose on weed? i always had the impression that ODing is when u die because u took more than your body limit.

Overdose usually implies taking so much of a drug as to require hospitalization or immediate medical attention (this is how I define it). However, by definition, it can also mean taking/doing/using more than intended. To say one "overdosed on golf" would not necessarily be incorrect, but it's very uncommon to use the word in such a manner (and quite confusing).

I think it's much better to reserve the word "overdose" for serious cases of drug toxicity, such as those involving cocaine/amphetamine/opiate overdoses, where the user's life is in immediate jeopardy or the user's physical well-being is dangerously compromised. I think to say that one overdosed on marijuana or another non-lethal psychedelic drug is incorrect, uninformed, and simply bad use of English. It's very bad drug vocabulary and confuses and misleads others. It's more accurate to say you had "an idiosyncratic bad reaction" or "unpleasant physical/mental symptoms as a result of taking a ridiculous helping of the drug." :wink:

A lot of people will say they "overdosed on marijuana" in order to create drama, or simply because they don't know how to use the word correctly and clearly.

Also, a lot of people, instead of acknowledging that they had a panic attack or anxiety attack, will jump to outrageous conclusions like the drug being "laced," something that almost never happens. When you react badly to a drug, think about why. Examine your mental state carefully. Consider your set & setting. There is always an obvious answer if you just look. Take responsibility for your actions.

--------------------

OfflineAlobar
A Bucket of Lard

#4591183 - 08/28/05 02:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No, it wasn't laced. And yes, it happens to some of us. You've got balls, okay? You're a man. You can smoke that pot!

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#4591191 - 08/28/05 02:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think he just geeked out hard... I mean cripple hands, jeeze man.

Not to sound like a 16 year old.... but fuck it, we've all smoked fuck loads of weed before, bongs, blunts and so many joints that you just hit a plateue. The only way you can get more high and past that smoking plateue is to ingest weed orally. God damn does it ever change the experience.

Probably well over half people who eat weed on more than one occaision have unfortunately ingested far too much. It's a hard thing to match at a comfortable level. But smoking too much can never, ever compare to eating too much.

But yeah, anyone who's eaten too much weed probably knows that smoking 6-7 plug gravity bong rips, no matter the size, can only fuck you up so much. I'd think that lack of oxygen would be the first and foremost contributing factor to your.. uhh, stupor.

I've seen kids hit a full 1/8th of the most potent, trichome encrusted bud and still manage to not pass. Did I mention the smoke that came out of them looked like a good damn solid? Holy shit.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies