Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Germinating Datura Inoxia?
    #2847086 -

Just looking for tips, as I haven't had much luck. I've tried soaking them, nicking the coats, and just stickin' 'em in the soil.

I've read a lot of of articles across the internet (google.com), and basically it's all mixed up with what people say, everyone contradicts each other. So I figured someone here probably has experience with it.

So how do we do it?


note: how do you tell if the seeds are mature? they're a light brown.. and I didn't collect them, so I wouldn't know what the pods were like..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Germinating Datura Inoxia? [Re: fredthetree]
    #2847274 -

I've germinated metel seeds by putting them in damp soil (as deep as the seed width, but that might not be optimum) and using bottom heat from a heating pad (the type you use if you keep lizards etc, the thin black ones). IIRC it took a few weeks. I nicked the coats on some, others I left alone, it didn't seem to make very much difference for me.
From what I've read, it seems that bottom heat is key. I use it for germinating just about everything now with good results. My latest batch of peyote seeds is starting to germinate after being in soil for ~ 70h :smile2:.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Germinating Datura Inoxia? [Re: Openminded]
    #2847293 -

I've had trouble with datura innoxia aswell. I've have my datura metel plant, with a smaller one too, but i can't get those weird innoxia seeds to plant.


--------------------
Mescalito is my homeboy...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Germinating Datura Inoxia? [Re: fredthetree]
    #2847372 -

It may have to do with your seed source as well. If the seeds are old, or from poor stock, your germination rates may not be that solid.

This is also a plant that tends to take longer than most to germinate. I've always had pretty decent luck by just loading up a seed tray and sowing about 1/4 inch below surface of a well draining soil. Then by watering from bottom (watering tray or something similar) just keep it moist and warm and in an area of partial sun (west or east facing window).

I usually have to wait 3-5 weeks before I see them pop up. From that point on you have to be careful not to over water while the seedling takes hold but once it's solid and growing these are very difficult plants to kill (other than possible frost problems).

Once you get it going give it as much sun as possible and it will quickly grow and grow and grow (to the size of the pot). Amazing flowers with amazing fragrance!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Germinating Datura Inoxia? [Re: psilocyber]
    #2847377 -

Yeah, the fragrance is what gets me. I can just imagine whoever discovered daturas delerious qualities, thinking it was a good plant because of the smell...deceiving  :laugh:


--------------------
Mescalito is my homeboy...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Germinating Datura Inoxia? [Re: fredthetree]
    #2852019 -

You would be pissed if you saw how many unwanted plants come up from mine self seeding.


--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Germinating Datura Inoxia? [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #4555682 -

success!

i placed the seeds in folded coffee filter, moistened it, placed in a large ziploc bag. kept moist, changed the air, and in a few days they sprouted. moved sprouts to peat moss, and doing well (:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Datura Inoxia and Syrian Rue seeds Quake3 1,708 2 09/14/06 02:31 PM
by aNeway2sayHooray
* Datura Inoxia Leaf Extraction via Acetone HidingInPlainSight 3,999 14 07/31/04 03:18 PM
by Aneglakya
* Datura Inoxia Callampin 1,990 10 12/02/03 10:42 AM
by Callampin
* Datura inoxia growing question
( 1 2 all )
SoulNomad 4,345 39 11/10/08 02:45 PM
by The Centre
* datura inoxia
( 1 2 all )
NiamhNyx 2,469 20 05/31/08 03:50 PM
by layzdapipe
* Datura inoxia dman_232 1,838 11 06/07/06 05:57 PM
by mr_minds_eye
* FREE DATURA INOXIA "Thornapple" SEED OFFER!!! PSILOBLUE 1,385 9 03/17/06 12:53 PM
by Banez
* Datura inoxia minesstudent 1,096 6 09/14/06 11:00 AM
by mr_minds_eye

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
2,619 topic views. 1 members, 22 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.