Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedman_232
Dman
Male User Gallery
Loc: Texas
Datura inoxia
    #5713443 - 06/05/06 12:00 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Hello this is my first post here but I have been reading and learning a lot. The shroomery is one of the most informative sites I have found yet
To get to my question I have Datura inoxia growing in the garden but I put it there with out a clue of its potential now I read up on it all I have found says I shouldn't try it.
now I have used shrooms and a couple different cacti. I like. No bad trips and the gods have blessed me with incites and emotional breakthroughs that have inspired the person I am today.
I only trip now and again I don't use anything on a regular basis not even MJ just on occasion with well trusted friends.
Now almost everything I read on this stuff says its not good but is there a way to experience it and come out ahead and better for the experience or should I just leave it a lone and enjoy the big beautiful flowers.

--------------------
Spirals of pain pass my brain sending delicate signals of death I ignite the candle I can not handle the light within my head I grab my gun my death is done could you pull the trigger!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesa_mull
Seeker ofKnowledge
Male User Gallery

Loc: IO
Re: Datura inoxia [Re: dman_232]
    #5713992 - 06/05/06 05:32 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Personally I would only think about take that stuff, if i was being guided by a shaman, and I still prolly wouldn'd do it.

Everything I have heard about it, says it's real easy to poisen you body,and if you don't do that, u have to be strong to handle the trip, the visions, and the lessons.

But I donotknow if there is differnt types of datura that may be less potent, and easier to take. if this is the case then maybe someone elsewill have better advice

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

Re: Datura inoxia [Re: sa_mull]
    #5714010 - 06/05/06 05:49 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Ive heard that smoking it is a good way to moderate the dose. You should try searching for info about that. As long as you have a sitter and dont get into the toxic dose i think it would be worth a try.

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #5714082 - 06/05/06 06:59 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Smoking inoxia is a waste of time. Not out of danger. It just doesn't really do anything. While individual plant alk. content varies, inoxia is the weakest of the Daturas. I have smoked metel flowers also and got nothing whereas some seem to have a notable experience. You should probably just enjoy the flowers. Also that spp can be somewhat invasive so you might want to clip a few seed pods to dispose of through a means other than injestion. No its not ok to feed them to your friends either.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Datura inoxia [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #5714419 - 06/05/06 10:44 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

ive smoked brugmansia flowers, the big tree ones. dried out and rolled into a fat joint. 3 or 4 big pulls and I was completely gone. my chairs legs turned to rubber and walked over to my side of the bed to talk to me about the boogaloo people from signs living in my pantry. the trips can be very scary though, its not really a psychedelic so your not like "oh wow, life, oh wow, nature, oh wow, COLORS!" your like seeing purple tracers everywhere, your throats dry as a bone (not even water helps it just goes dry again every 3 seconds after drinking), you think about talking with a friend or something, and all of a sudden they are right next to you and your discussing something with them, then all of a sudden you realize noones there, your talking to the air. you feel very disoriented, sick, tired, poisoned, drunk, and dragged down. its very emotionaly and physicaly frustrating talking to people who aren't there. and it usualy lasts a really long time for me, im always a few hours into it going "why did i eat that thing?"

its your choice, but know your dosage, know your effects, and most of all, be in a room with a sitter who understands, not someone whos gonna laugh at u for conversing with the walls.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Datura inoxia [Re: CptnGarden]
    #5714436 - 06/05/06 10:49 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Invisiblepac_man
~
Re: Datura inoxia [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #5718763 - 06/06/06 12:24 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by pac_man (06/17/06 09:27 AM)

Offlinedman_232
Dman
Male User Gallery
Loc: Texas
Re: Datura inoxia [Re: pac_man]
    #5721723 - 06/07/06 01:46 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I have done much research and am still intrigued the thought of inducing lucid dreams is appealing to me but I do respect and to an extent fear the possibility of bad trips and death.
So my question is, assuming the plant to contain the highest amount of alkaloids possible, what should the minimum dose be to reach the desired effect? Now, knowing that my inoxia probably doesn't contain the highest level, what would be the second dose and so on? Of course the second dose will be on a different day and starting over again with out having any datura in my system as would the third etc...
How should I consume the plant orally or smoking? I read a report some where about someone mixing some ground seeds with Isopropyl alcohol and soaking a cigarette with the solution. does this work or would it just be a waist of time?
I do respect the plants of the gods and I am not as foolish as it would seem some of the people in the trip reports are. I have decided to experiment with datura but I am not just going to slap some seeds down my throat with out a care in the world. I have found very little on dosages and it would seem with good reason.
So to me the logical approach would be for me to start with the smallest and slowly work up till I find the correct dose for my plant. one more thing what part of the plant should I use? The seeds are supposed to contain the most but thats not necessarily what I want the seed pod and pulp (these things resemble the inside of a pepper) would contain the second most and then the foliage. Any help will be appreciated and I think all who have responded so far.

peace and wellness to all

--------------------
Spirals of pain pass my brain sending delicate signals of death I ignite the candle I can not handle the light within my head I grab my gun my death is done could you pull the trigger!!!

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
    #5722408 - 06/07/06 10:38 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

read the rules man, no dosage advice can be given here. No one wants to be liable for your death or arrest...

peace

Invisiblepac_man
~
Re: Datura inoxia [Re: supra]
    #5722617 - 06/07/06 11:56 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by pac_man (06/17/06 09:28 AM)

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
    #5723330 - 06/07/06 03:53 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

pac_man said:
Quote:

mr_minds_eye said:
Smoking inoxia is a waste of time. Not out of danger. It just doesn't really do anything. While individual plant alk. content varies, inoxia is the weakest of the Daturas. I have smoked metel flowers also and got nothing whereas some seem to have a notable experience.

'
I felt the need to point this out so noone should concider neither inoxia or metel as a "safe" datura to use (just to avoid confusion from any reader). The big bad motherfucker of tropane alkaloids is called scopolamine which acts as a antagonist at both peripheral and central muscarinic receptors, its present varies among species, time of year, location, and part of plant but this alkaloid is present in all datura spp. So one plant here does not have to have same amount of scopolamine as the one you are growing. Why this is important? In worst case scenario someone end up dead by cardiopulmonary arrest because they belived inoxia was a weak specie and somewhat safe to consume..

I have some experience with the use of datura wich i allready mentioned in another post but I have never concideret one datura to be safer than another. Yes there is variation in alkalods but noone should be concideret weak because you can get a unwanted suprise. Inoxia and metel should be respected just as much as any other plant containing tropane alkaloids.

I wasn't tryin to say that one was safer than another. From most of the people I have talked to at least, it is generally agreed upon that metel (the Hindu variety) is the more potent (between inoxia, straminium or straminium var ferox) I have smoked tree datura flowers also with nothing to write home about. I wasn't trying to tell anybody that this stuff is safe in any way, shape, or form. I was actually telling the original poster just to enjoy the pretty white inoxia flowers.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
    #5723344 - 06/07/06 03:57 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

pac_man said:
correct. Its a plant I refuse to give dosage advice on, mostly because of the variation of alkaloid% and also how diffrently people reacts to tropane alkaloids, there is no telling how much is a safe dosage. What I will concider a medium dosage for myself may be fatal to you. You seem like a person that have decidet to give tropane alkaloids a chance, so I will only suggest this, start very very low and even lower than what you think is low. Have someone around you when you do this, someone sober and responsible enough to call for medical help ASAP if needet, not a sitter that is afraid to get in trouble and too scared to call for help. just in case. Your life is precious and its a shame to waste it over this. be safe

Ammended to the above advice. DON'T REDOSE. That is if you took your low low, lower than what you think is low dosage, don't take more because you don't feel anything. Just add a LITTLE more NEXT time. One of the acute dangers of this plant is that it is very very very hard to tell when the onset has occured. Just another friendly tip to hopefully keep you form killing yourself.

--------------------
-Stephen Hawking

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder