Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Loc: Inside my head
NSA/CIA msg board trollers?
    #4325363 - 06/22/05 03:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Do you think it is possible that the US government uses tax dollars to have people monitor boards such as these and post government rhetoric?

I must admit some of the things I have read have me thinking bush himself has a user name. Figured I'd post a poll to see what some of you think.
Do you think govt agents troll web boards and post government rhetoric in responce to opposition views?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (06/22/05 03:12 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Forgiveness is the ultimate sacrifice.

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: NSA/CIA msg board trollers? [Re: Sycronica]
    #4325382 - 06/22/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think CIA people give a shit about posting pro-government rhetoric. They only care about finding people who want to do or who support bad stuff.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #4325421 - 06/22/05 03:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I read the question wrong. I change mine from absolutely to unlikely.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Re: NSA/CIA msg board trollers? [Re: barfightlard]
    #4325542 - 06/22/05 03:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

So you guys think they just monitor them but not interact?

--------------------

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #4325588 - 06/22/05 04:00 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yeah there are some of those hannity spewing clones here :wink:

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: NSA/CIA msg board trollers? [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4325605 - 06/22/05 04:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

y'all try debating instead of hating.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4325881 - 06/22/05 05:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I must admit, that I have wondered this same thing on MORE than one occaision before.

It always seemed weird that someone would join a message board obviously intended for drug information....then make anti-drug posts on the board. I've also wondered about more than one post in this very forum...

It wouldn't surprise me if this turned out to be true.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: NSA/CIA msg board trollers? [Re: trendal]
    #4325925 - 06/22/05 05:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I enjoy this forum, mushrooms, and weed.

and here is my anti-drug post: (for me) cocaine is a sorry fucking drug.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#4326156 - 06/22/05 06:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm sure this happens but only in rare cases. I doubt there's agents posting on the Shroomery or an ordinary politics forum. But I'd bet they use these tactics on web sites and forums that promote terrorism.

OfflineJ4S0N
human
 User Gallery

#4327922 - 06/23/05 09:38 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

On other larger political boards i've seen these characters. A lot of them usually have the Isreal flag somewhere in their signature. Most of the time they're very conservative, but they could be from all parts of the spectrum. Alot of the ones i've seen continuously post news reports that support their agenda.

I don't think i've seen any of this on the shroomery. The posters almost seem non human, could be computers doing the posting.. who knows

--------------------
"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." ~ William Colby, Former Director, CIA

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #4328051 - 06/23/05 10:32 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

my hunch..and this is strictly a hunch..is that when such agents do post..they would of course be very far on the right..and while the posts would be very easy to refute..they will then try to bog the thread down in nit-picking...each response from a given poster has an attached IP address..and as such counts as evidence...

there is at least one twit here..whom i wont name..that fits that billing...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: NSA/CIA msg board trollers? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #4328081 - 06/23/05 10:42 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Actually, if there were such agents, to act in such a manner would run counter both to their training on infiltration and to common sense.

They would be much more sensible to pose as a grammatically and punctuationally challenged ditz mindlessly repeating every Marxist and moonbat theory -- no matter how insane such theories appear to rational people -- and endlessly gratuitously referring to anyone who questions them as "neocon twits" or "repoops" (I still find that word just so precious!).

The best way to avoid close inspection is to appear to be a gibbering lunatic as described above. It's no coincidence undercover cops pose as schizoid street bag ladies -- no one even gives them a second look and in most cases actively avoid even getting close to them. Certainly no one takes any of their utterances seriously.

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: NSA/CIA msg board trollers? [Re: Phred]
    #4328181 - 06/23/05 11:09 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

quite correct...a govt agent might pose as a marxist moonbat that nobody would give a second look..or (s)he might also pose as a right-wing crackpot that nobody would give a first look..and who calls anyone that questions them a "gibbering lunatic" (how original)...

EDIT ..

Quote:

Phred said:
have Bush appoint non-activist justices.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Edited by Annapurna1 (06/23/05 11:15 AM)

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4328256 - 06/23/05 11:26 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think the gov't would worry about posting their rhetoric on a minor political forum like this one. It would be a waste of time, since almost everyone here would ignore what they say, unless it's far-left liberalism.

InvisibleLos_Pepes
Stranger

#4338823 - 06/26/05 09:56 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Being a full member of the Illuminati and one the first Illuminati interdimensional beings to come to your planet I will now explain our involvement with your planet. As many of your know, use of fossil fuels on your planet continues to increase. This is part of our plan. We have put interdimensional particles into practically every engine and power plant on earth which siphons off part of the heat and/or electrical energy and delivers it into our dimension for use in our engines and power plants. There are some benefits to you humans so it isn?t just us who are benefitting. We have greatly sped up your evolution and your industrial revolution. If it wasn?t for us you would still be in the jungles killing each other and dying of disease, but instead you humans can share in the technology we have provided for you. As a matter of fact you can also share in the great wealth made possible by the technological revolution. You can start by going to the nearest Republican Party office if you are in the USA and joining or if you are in another country by emailing the Republican Party and asking them for the best right wing parties to join in your country and then once a member ask them for advice on investments, how to get various jobs to become rich and successful and so forth. If you are a member or are thinking of becoming a member of a left wing organization, the communist party or an islamic organization you are automatically targetted by our death squads and it is just a matter of time until you are eliminated. So beware. Deviant organizations such as the last three mentioned are provided to weed out weaker members or you race. The choice is yours.

Another hint for you people: the people who admit to using drugs on the internet are the government agents.

OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Re: NSA/CIA msg board trollers? [Re: Los_Pepes]
    #4339112 - 06/26/05 12:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Another hint for you people: the people who admit to using drugs on the internet are the government agents.

I could see why a govt agent would say they use drugs to gain trust of people that actually do. But it is just as likely some young kid bragging about the party he has last nite /shrug.

I haven't much clue as to that huge paragraph though  :lol: Trying to be funny i guess lol

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4342220 - 06/27/05 08:27 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

What would be the point?

Have you ever seen anyones view changed here as a result of some right wing post?

The government isnt interested in changed every single persons viewpoint. There is no need for that.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleLos_Pepes
Stranger

Re: NSA/CIA msg board trollers? [Re: Phluck]
    #4552229 - 08/18/05 03:39 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

These people are watching you http://siteinstitute.org

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies