Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
Re: NSA has massive database of Americans' phonecalls [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5631209 - 05/15/06 02:32 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Phred said:
There is no point taking this further if you continue to refuse to look at the sources I use to back up my statements. I understand your reluctance to be shown wrong once again, but I don't have to pander to that reluctance. The legal aspects of this have been so thoroughly covered by so many online sources that to continue to argue from ignorance is to demonstrate either monumental stubbornness or sheer laziness. I have no patience with either.

Phred

Pure art

Pure ass kissing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
Re: NSA has massive database of Americans' phonecalls [Re: Redstorm]
    #5631219 - 05/15/06 02:34 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Why does is matter if they are being tracked and watched? As long as they are doing nothing illegal, they should have nothing to worry about.

You don't find t he fact that you are being tracked and watched worrying by itself?

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: NSA has massive database of Americans' phonecalls [Re: Alex213]
    #5631408 - 05/15/06 05:09 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

> You don't find the fact that you are being tracked and watched worrying by itself?

It isn't me that is being tracked, but rather it is the phone numbers that have been dialed from my phone.

I haven't decided yet if I should be upset or not, though I am leaning towards the not.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: NSA has massive database of Americans' phonecalls [Re: Phred]
    #5645234 - 05/18/06 05:22 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
It would be helpful if you were to click the links I provide. The courts -- including the Supreme Court -- have ruled on this long ago. Telephone service providers MUST turn over billing records if requested. They have no option.

Dude, do you even read your own sources that you provide? Nowhere does it say in the article that telephone companies MUST provide their records to the government. Here's the most that it says concerning that:

"the Supreme Court has already held (Smith v. Maryland, 1979) that the government can legally collect phone numbers since callers who expect to be billed by their phone company have no "reasonable expectation of privacy" concerning such matters."

So, given your very developped lawyer qualities, would you mine proving to me that Qwest is breaking the law by refusing to give to the NSA their customer's phone records?

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: NSA has massive database of Americans' phonecalls [Re: beatnicknick]
    #5645246 - 05/18/06 05:31 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

beatnicknick said:
Phred only argues with the legality of the situation, which can be argued forever. That's just like a couple of lawyers fighting of some specific technicallities. I think we should look at the moral issue of this in order to decide.

Yes, I agree.

It seems that today in the US, with so many different laws and acts that can be interpreted in different ways, in the absolute, the legality of something is rather determined by the lawyer's ability to convince. That kinda means that money is the law, since the best lawyers are extremely expensive. And i think that the Bush administration has enough money to buy any lawyer they want... This means that legally, it is possible to construct a police state, and IMO what we're seeing here is a blueprint of that...and I'm not saying that I'm positive that this is what's going on, but...think about how glad Stalin or Mussolini would have been if they had such a massive database, they could never even have dreamed of such a thing!

"Never forget that everything Hitler did was legal" - MLK

--------------------

Edited by exclusive58 (05/18/06 05:40 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals