Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinehobbitxkillyou
Shark wrestlingchampion

Loc: Pennsylvania
hey everyone who lives in europe
    #4525931 - 08/12/05 09:34 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe you guys could help me out a bit. Next summer me and my friends are planning on planning a trip over there, but we have no idea where to start. We want to do the whole backpacking thing most of the time, and would like to be not far from Amsterdam (of course, hah).

Anyways, if anyone has any suggestions on how to go about planning for this drop some help. Keep in mind, we're trying not to spend too much money. One specific thing we were wondering is are there like, public forests or whatever (state gamelands over here) where we could go and camp and whatnot, or do we have to get guides?

--------------------
When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.

-H. S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: hey everyone who lives in europe [Re: hobbitxkillyou]
    #4525987 - 08/12/05 09:59 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i don't mean to be an ass, but it is so fucking lame that everybody goes to europe just to go to amsterdam. no offense to any dutch folk out there, but there are so many more amazing places that i've been to/lived at than amsterdam. sure, amsterdam is a cool city and all, but don't plan your trip to europe around "dude i can buy legal weed".

i'd personally recommend western norway (bergen and north), copenhagen denmark, berlin, paris, provence (southern france)... the list goes on and on. i know at least in norway you can camp anywhere you want, perfectly legally (even private property, i believe).

--------------------

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: hey everyone who lives in europe [Re: Krishna]
    #4526232 - 08/12/05 12:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

every man's land law pretty much applies to most places within the nordic countries...

but i definately agree with you...there's more to europe than just amsterdam...if you want to go somewhere to do drugs where it's decriminalized...then try portugal too...nice and sunny there

Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
    #4526237 - 08/12/05 12:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

hey Krishna, wut can u tell me bout Germany? i heard back in the day u could buy beer right off the street regardless of age... know anything bout that? also do they have hash bars?

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #4526250 - 08/12/05 12:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm gonna land there so I can see the Van Gogh museum.

--------------------

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #4526294 - 08/12/05 12:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

And if you go to Holland, make sure to also visit some cities besides Amsterdam. All the cities have coffeeshops and a lot of them are nicer and less crowded/touristy than Amsterdam.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Offlinehobbitxkillyou
Shark wrestlingchampion

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: hey everyone who lives in europe [Re: cybrbeast]
    #4527350 - 08/12/05 05:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

hah, yea i know it's lame with amsterdam....we'd actually spend like a week there tops. sweden is a place high on our list to go....when i said around amsterdam i meant as like a start point. we want to go there more for the smart shops than the coffee shops, stock up, and go on our adventure.

norway's a real good idea. we always talk about, never thought of going there though.

where would you guys suggest I start with this whole planning business?

--------------------
When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.

-H. S. Thompson

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: hey everyone who lives in europe [Re: thegatewaydrug]
    #4527716 - 08/12/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

thegatewaydrug said:
hey Krishna, wut can u tell me bout Germany? i heard back in the day u could buy beer right off the street regardless of age... know anything bout that? also do they have hash bars?

sadly no hash bars over here... weed is still illegal... but yeah, legal drinking age (for "weak" alcoholic beverages like beer and wine) over here is 16... and it definitely is a beer nation...

--------------------

InvisibleMarioNett
Stranger
Re: hey everyone who lives in europe [Re: In(di)go]
    #4527743 - 08/12/05 06:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No open container laws in Germany. People can, and do, carry beer around with them on the trains and such. It's probably the cheapest thing to drink in restaurants too. Cola in restaurants is a crazy ripoff, and it's hard to find water that's not carbonated.

And Amsterdam is a really awesome city. Nothing wrong with spending a few days there.

Offlinekindadank
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #4527784 - 08/12/05 07:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well first you should decide how you are going to get around. Most take the train. Maybe find a map of the Eurail system (a travel agent or somewhere on the internet) and make a preliminary map out of where you want to go, how long you want to stay, and how you are going to get there. Some people make detailed schedules, but I think it is best to just have an idea of where you want to go and decide for sure once you are over there. Also, maybe think of buying or going to a bookstore and reading a Europe guide such as Lets Go! or others like that. They have alot of useful info in them along with detailed descriptions of most cities you would want to go. I would highly advise bringing one with you on the trip also.

From there I guess decide where you want to fly into and out of and pick a date. Certain times of the year are MUCH more expensive than others. I would recommend Priceline for airfare. Maybe make a few hostel reservations for places you know you will be at certain times. (Amsterdam is hard to find cheap hostels certain times of year so plan ahead or you will be spending bank to sleep) Do some searching on google for backpacking Europe. This will help alot with figuring out how much everything is going to cost.

From there just run with it...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder