Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
options with a fruiting chamber
    #4491546 - 08/03/05 07:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

would you recommend using a fish tank or a tote box solid in color blocking out light? im a first time grower.. and how big should it be ive seen ideas rangin from 10 gallon tanks to 20.. thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Re: options with a fruiting chamber [Re: PerfectlyDefectd]
    #4491566 - 08/03/05 07:39 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Also.. would it be alright to cut a hole in the top of my fruiting chamber and fill it with polyfill instead of fanning?

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Loc: Fairfax VA
    #4491580 - 08/03/05 07:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Use a rubbermaid bin or something. Indirect sunlight is recomended so some of the tub should be clear.

If you use an air pump, and poke polyfill holes in the top, you dont need to fan. That is how my system is setup and it works great.

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #4491581 - 08/03/05 07:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No u still need to Fan, CO2 is heavier than O2 so will fall to the bottom of container where your lil babies are siting, try to fan every 2hrs if u are able.
Im not sure what a tote box is but it dun matter what colour ya FC is provided there is something transparent on the lid to allow light to get through. Size will depend on how much u wanna chuck in there but always better havin too much space than not enough :wink:

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Loc: the moon
    #4491582 - 08/03/05 07:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

when you are fruiting you need light... so go with a clear container, preferably a clear top... check out the poor mans pod tek... that's a good one for a beginner.
the polyfil hole might let some gas exchange, but you are looking for fresh air exchange and will not be sufficient. an air pump with some air wands/stones/curtians is what you should be lookingfor if you want to avoid fanning.

--------------------

OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Re: options with a fruiting chamber [Re: theBRINK]
    #4491598 - 08/03/05 07:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

alright thanks everyone.. how exactly would i set up an air pump? have it dumping fresh air into the chamber right? and if i have an air pump do i still need to have holes in the top?.. im going to go with a dark color rubbermaid bin with a clear section in the top to let in light..how much light does the fruiting chamber need?? is room lighting enough??

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

#4491615 - 08/03/05 07:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes you still need holes in the top so the gas EXCHANGES. Just hook it up to a wand type deal on each side of the tub.

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Re: options with a fruiting chamber [Re: deficitism]
    #4491622 - 08/03/05 07:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

now what would happen if the holes i put in the top had nothing filling them? would this be good or not? im not sure becauz if i had constant air flowing in.. i dont see how this would be a problem.. advice please

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

#4491652 - 08/03/05 07:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Dont risk it. Could lead to a month of cultivation down the drain.

--------------------

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Loc: the moon
    #4491672 - 08/03/05 07:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i'd really go check out the poor man pod tek it will show you everything you need to know. personally, i'd cut holes on top and sides and tame tyvek over them... pollyfil works too, but can cause probs later on being exposed to all of that humidity. but holes with nothing not a good idea unless the room you have the chamber in is very clean.
d

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom