Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
I defined metal
    #4470587 - 07/29/05 05:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: I defined metal [Re: Shroomism]
    #4470594 - 07/29/05 05:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i wanna define Grindcore.......

:thumbsup:

--------------------

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #4470597 - 07/29/05 05:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

How is metal different than black metal?

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: I defined metal [Re: Worf]
    #4470601 - 07/29/05 05:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

How can anyone listen to metal?

:wink: I'm not joking, but I'm teasing.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#4470606 - 07/29/05 05:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

black metal is a bunch of dumb asses with stupid makeup...

it's like goth kids trying to make metal....

sorry,black metal=shit,in my book....

all thoght there is exception to everything....

:grin:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4470609 - 07/29/05 05:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

black metal - more about appearance and theatrics. They usually wear face paint, spikes, and all that stuff. They glorify death and destruction.. and the "darkness ". 9 out of 10 black metal songs are about satan. 9 out of 10 black metal bands totally suck ass.. with their incoherent guitar riffs and rediculous repetative blast beats. Black metal is chaotic noise. Metal.. REAL metal.. is organized symphonic madness.. bliss.

--------------------

OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4470661 - 07/29/05 06:01 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Black metal has nothing to do with appearance. Every type of genre has fashion tactics in either tactics.

Black metal is melodic metal and Death metal is the grindcore of metal. Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom, Dimmu = Black. Black usually includes keyboard and female singers whereas Death would never.

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: I defined metal [Re: Fospher]
    #4470702 - 07/29/05 06:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah and then you have bands like: Mayhem, Immortal, etc... you can't tell me those bands have nothing to do with image. That's at least half of their act.

--------------------

OfflineFospher
Male

#4470852 - 07/29/05 06:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
yeah and then you have bands like: Mayhem, Immortal, etc... you can't tell me those bands have nothing to do with image. That's at least half of their act.

Mayhem were all insane, could really care less about their appearances. The lead singer shot the new guitarists head off with a shotgun and then proceeded to cooking and eating his brain. Most the band members are now in prison.

--------------------

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: I defined metal [Re: Fospher] * 1
    #4470869 - 07/29/05 06:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I like GWAR:

Are they considered metal?

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #4470870 - 07/29/05 06:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

define....W.A.S.P

:grin:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineFospher
Male

Re: I defined metal [Re: Roadkill]
    #4470875 - 07/29/05 06:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

White anglo-saxon protestant...?

Define redifinism

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #4470903 - 07/29/05 07:01 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Fospher said:

Mayhem were all insane, could really care less about their appearances. The lead singer shot the new guitarists head off with a shotgun and then proceeded to cooking and eating his brain. Most the band members are now in prison.

now that should be the definition of metal. :grin:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4470934 - 07/29/05 07:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I know the history... and you got it half wrong. The lead singer did not shoot the guitarist.. Dead.. the lead singer.. shot *himself* in the face with a shotgun. They then made a necklace out of the skull fragments and ate pieces of the brain.. after they found him. Varg Vikernes (aka Count Grishnackh) stabbed ?ystein aka Euronymous 23 times and killed him, then he went to jail. Mayhem still plays today with one of the original members. Manheim and Necrobutcher left early on. ?ystein is dead and Varg is in prison. He escaped two years ago and now he's back. And he's been producing albums under Burzum with a keyboard the whole time he's been in jail.

Yeah.. they were all crazy. But they were still mostly about image. Mayhem would never have gotten anywhere if they weren't all burning churches and killing each other to get into the press. And if they have NOTHING to do with image... tell me.. why do they wear corpse paint in EVERY SINGLE PICTURE.. and why are they obsessed with wearing spikes and pretending to rip the heads off fake animals during shows with blood going everywhere.. I'll tell you why.. it's image. I guarantee you... they care A LOT about their appearance regardless of how they act like they are just crazy and dont care. Their music sucks for the most part. Dimmu Borgir, I can live with.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4470998 - 07/29/05 07:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mayhem was formed in 1983 by Necrobutcher and Manheim with the intent to create utterly violent and chaotic music. The two schoolmates were particularly inspired by the British band Venom, which touched on taboo themes like Satanism and evil. Necrobutcher and Manheim, however, took the violence and Satanic image much more seriously. In 1984, the two boys met ?ystein Aarseth, then going by the name Destructor. Upon joining the band, ?ystein changed his pseduonym to Euronymous, which he claimed meant "Prince Of Death" in Greek. In 1986 Mayhem recorded two demos, Voice Of A Tortured Skull and Pure Fucking Armageddon, both featuring a session vocalist called Messiah. Early Mayhem lyrics were violent and disgusting, and at times similar to those of death metal bands of the "gore and splatter" variety. The early demos were of extremely poor recording quality (an aspect common to early black metal releases). There have even been misconceptions as to whether the Pure Fucking Armageddon recording contains vocal tracks because the singing is so buried in the mix.

When Euronymous and Necrobutcher recruited Maniac for vocal duties, the band settled in to record another demo, this time an EP called Deathcrush. In 1987 the legendary album was released, but only 1,000 copies were pressed (it was later reprinted in 1993 for Deathlike Silence Productions, the record label founded by Euronymous). Mayhem continued dealing with themes of violence and gore in this time period, but Euronymous' fascination with evil was beginning to manifest itself in the band's work. During the summer of 1988 both Manheim and Maniac left Mayhem ? Manheim to pursue a love interest and become a businessman, and Maniac due to depression and a failed suicide attempt. Shortly afterward their positions were filled by Dead on vocals and Hellhammer on drums. Dead was a Swede previously from the band Morbid. He was strongly fascinated (as his stage name indicates) by death, decay, and darkness. Even Euronymous described Dead as mentally unstable and possibly schizophrenic. Dead became well known for his strange behavior: he buried a set of clothes for months underground so that he could wear decaying rags onstage at Mayhem shows. He also kept a rotting raven in a plastic bag so that he could "inhale the scent of death" before each song he performed. It was Dead's morbid fascinations and antics that infected Mayhem with a musical new atmosphere; at this point the band's lyrics moved away from gore and more toward Satanism, darkness, depression, and evil. As Count Grishnackh later stated, "Until Hellhammer and Dead joined the band in 1989, Mayhem was a shitty, 'fun', hobby-band. If you read the lyrics on their Deathcrush album you'll know what I mean." The new lineup with Dead and Hellhammer was quickly to become the band's most famous. After some live gigs in Norway and Germany (where Live in Leipzig was recorded) Mayhem started working on their first full length album: De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas.

In 1991, Dead committed suicide by means of a shotgun blast to the head (he had also slit his wrists several times). The bullets which he used had been sent to him by Count Grishnackh (the sole member of the black metal band Burzum and the man who later killed Euronymous), who apparently thought this was cool but denied having any advance knowledge of the suicide. Dead's body was discovered, along with a suicide note reading "Excuse all the blood", in a back room of the band's house. Euronymous quickly took pictures (which later appeared in the booklets for several subsequent Mayhem releases and other bands' materials) of the bloody scene using a polaroid camera. Persistent rumors assert that he then cooked and ate pieces of Dead's brain, and that fragments of Dead's skull were collected and forged into necklaces by both Euronymous and Hellhammer. In 1993 Live in Leipzig was released as the band's tribute to Dead. The release was followed by the famous bootleg Dawn Of The Black Hearts. Its cover featured a photo of Dead's corpse after the suicide. After Dead's suicide and all of the police and media attention it garnered, Necrobutcher made the decision to leave Mayhem, thinning the band's ranks down to just two.

Later that year, the official recording of Mayhem's upcoming album, De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas began. In Dead's and Necrobutcher's absences, Attila Csihar handled vocals, and ? chillingly enough ? Count Grishnackh played bass. After the recording was completed, Count Grishnackh set out with the intent to murder Euronymous. He had apparently lent a large sum of money to Euronymous (and had argued with him several times), and was jealous of his evil reputation. One morning he traveled along with Blackthorn (of the band Thorns) to Euronymous' apartment. There he stabbed Euronymous to death with a viking knife. The autopsy revealed that Euronymous had suffered twenty-three stab wounds: two to the head, five to the neck, and sixteen to the back. Grishnackh left a key piece of evidence, however: a copy of a record contract (used as the pretense for his visit to Euronymous) with his bloody fingerprints on it. Soon Grishnackh was apprehended by police and charged with murder. He continued in prison to record for his one-man project Burzum. With only Hellhammer remaining, Mayhem ceased to exist.

In 1994, De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas was released and formally dedicated to Euronymous. Its tardy release was due to a complaint filed by Euronymous' parents; they detested the release of the album as long as it contained Count Grishnackh's bass tracks. Contrary to popular belief, however, Hellhammer did not re-record Grishnackh's bass-lines, they were left untouched on the album ? despite the complaint. In late 1995 Hellhammer decided to reform the band with the help of a new guitarist called Blasphemer and two former Mayhem members: Maniac and Necrobutcher. The first release of this new lineup was an EP titled Wolf's Lair Abyss in 1997 followed by a some live shows in the next few years. One of these shows, which took place in Milan, Italy, guest starred Attila Csihar, and was recorded for the Mediolanum Capta Est live album.

In 2000 the band's second full length CD was released, called Grand Declaration Of War. The album was concept-based, dealing with themes of war and post-apocalyptic destruction. It was seen by some as an attempt to recreate and redefine black metal; by others it was rejected for its bold and pretentious avant-garde electronic elements.

After a four year silence, Mayhem has released a new album titled Chimera. It shows a return to a more raw, brutal style, but has been updated with pristine production value, quite in contrast to the band's early recordings. Chimera still maintains a slight progressive edge, however, which is revealing itself gradually as one of Blasphemer's songwriting tendencies.

In 2004, Mayhem's singer Maniac was forced to leave the band, due to his unwillingness to tour. Attila Csihar returned as their new singer.

--------------------

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#4471129 - 07/29/05 07:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i've been listining to Bad luck 13 riot extravaganza,this chick i know see's them alot(she's soo fucking cool)....

nothing like coming home from a show in an Ambulance

(im serious)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds