Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
When A Metal Heart Becomes Burning Hot Magma
    #3859883 - 03/02/05 11:16 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It all began a little while ago.. Around the middle of January..

My good friend (and bassman) Joe met a girl named Val. He was getting along pretty well with her, he could keep talking about her for hours and I listened... Joe had a very bad time trying to forget his ex, and Val helped him very much. I envied him, because I was feeling so alone at that point..

Joe went to her birthday party on February the 12th, which I was invited, but didn't go.. I didn't feel like taking the bus for 2 hours, and I didn't have any money either... Point is, both Joe and Val took ecstasy that night, so... I guess you worked out the outcome of that party only by reading the simple word "ecstasy" :wink: A couple days after the party (February the 14th, to be precise), we meet up at 7 o' clock at night for a jam session with our black metal band, Black Omen. He then tells me everything about what happened there. How they both rolled and how amazing the experience was, how grateful he was to the Heavens for giving him a new love, and hope, how funny it was when Val's friend (Her name's Karine) woke up with a guy in her bed that she didn't even remember of........

What he didn't tell me was how Karine was going to shatter my world appart.

I laughed at the "drunk-girl-who-doesn't-remember-the-guy-in-her-bed" routine. Then he tells me she was pretty cute and that I could have interest in her. I didn't believe it at first, because of my recent troubles (and bad luck) in the "girl-hunting contest". A couple days passed... Joe was still very happy of his new girlfriend and kept babbling on and on and on and on about her (Can't blame him though, it has been a really long time since I've seen him that joyful...), and then came along something I've forgot since a while, there was a party on February the 28th at our drummer's (Name's Sam) house. I was excited at the thought of the party, but I came to realize that it was the same day as one of our jams. We worked out the simple solution of going to the jam, then going to the party. Val was coming to the jam with Joe.. But she wasn't coming alone.

February the 28th. I'm walking towards our practice local while listening to the excellent album "Something Wild", by Children of Bodom. I'm approaching the front door... Nearly there now... Just crossed the street... In front of the door. I proceed inside, walk up the stairs, see Joe waving his hand. I come nearer, I recognize Val from the pictures I have seen of her...

......And there she was.

Everything disappeared. I couldn't utter a single word, my legs were shaking slightly, my heart pounded so hard in my chest I thought it was gonna explode. Those, my fellow Shroomerites, are the symptoms of the guy stroke by lightning. She looked like an angel.. Her long dark red hair flowing down her back like a river of blood, her sweet eyes, her gaze so deep and intense, her innocent and magnificent smile...

Joe introduces me to his girlfriend and to Karine, to which I clumsily say "Hullo :blush:". We waited around a bit, because a drummer who we share the local with was still practicing. Even if it was fifteen minutes, it seemed like forever. I couldn't help always looking at her, and I was very surprised she was doing the same... After lots of exchanged smiles from me and Karine (I didn't even talk to her..), we move up to local number 347. Steve and Mathieu (The yeller and the drummer) came five minutes later, then Alain comes in too. The jam goes on pretty well, and then ends after three hours. The girls were amazed and really enjoyed the music.

So we part ways for that night with Steve and Mathieu, and with Alain when we reached the metro station Papineau. There's now four of us left: Joe, Val, Karine, and me. So we make our way towards our drummer's place for the party. I still haven't spoke a word to Karine, except some stupidities only Joe and I were laughing at (Goddamn I still feel like an idiot just thinking about it...). When we entered our drummer's house, the party was almost over, people were preparing to go to sleep and lots of people have left. We were like:"What the fuck is happening, WE GOTTA RESURECT THIS PARTY !!!" And resurected it, we did !! I had my guitar with me and plugged it in the 15-watts amp I've brought along. After a few beers and a beautiful joint, I start to play. When I'm on a substance, I'm usually not as good as when I'm sober, but I still managed to play a couple of songs I knew with very few mistakes. After playing a couple of songs, I put down my guitar and proceed to the adjacent room. Population: Me and my friend Chris, drunk out of his mind and passed out cold on a bed. I just felt like being alone for a while.. Out of Karine's sight. Then I hear Joe say something which had the impact of a punch on my face:

" ...(didn't understand)... you gotta kiss him". I'm like "Hehehe, here's the musician pimp at it again, I wonder who's the drunk guy this time?"

I was.

Karine enters the room, then say:"Is it okay?" in a shy tone. I stand up, then simply say "Yes".

We get closer to each other, I put my arms around her, she puts her arms around my neck, and we kissed. I couldn't fuckin believe it. The angel I met a couple hours, is kissing me ? Now ? What insanity is this, I do not deserve it, I haven't even said a word to you all night... The kiss (Not long enough for my liking) ends. I'm thinking "This is normal, stuff like that happens in every party, and for once it came to happen to me. No need to make a big deal about it". I go back to my guitar, play a bit more.. After only a few minutes of music, Karine (Who was sitting in front of me) stands up, grabs my arms and we start kissing again. I still couldn't believe it. "The joke's over now, how come she wants some more?", I thought.

I didn't understand a single fuckin' thing.

Karine's mouth and my mouth spent most of the night knowing each other better. When nearly everyone was asleep, we lied down on a bed and she fell asleep in my arms. I didn't sleep at all. I just couldn't. I've only met this girl today, and now I'm in a bed with her? What the fuck. She wasn't even drunk, and neither was I. Could she have been struck by the same lightning bolt as me? That thought floated around in my head until the morning.

She gently wakes up, and smiles at me. "Okay", I thought. "She's not freaking out, that means she remembers me and enjoyed her night. *Huge relief here* Nothing special happened that morning (Except huge hangovers for some people). Then came the parting of ways. We take the bus down to the metro station Pie-IX. Time came for my last kiss to her. Then I say the classic words:"Will I ever see you again?". To which she kindly replies "Yes." with a more-than-sweet smile. It was awfuly painful to watch her walk away.

Whew. For those who read until that point: Congratulations  :thumbup: . Now that you know the story, you can better understand the main point of my post: Is all this happening too fast, or is it a rare case of love at first sight ?

I asked too many girls out too fast in my life, and it all ended pretty bad, and I do not want this to happen with Karine. We have the same interests and the same theories about the world.. We even have the same usual moods and feelings.. I want to be with her so bad, and she loves me, I am sure of it. From what Joe told me, it seems that she talks a lot about me and even asked if she had chances in asking me out. I think I love her, but like I said I don't want to go too fast... But if I wait around too long she might just turn around and forget about it all... I really don't want that too happen, I don't have enough tears in my body for something like that to happen...

What should I do.. I'm totally confused here  :confused:

--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Loc: buffalo
Re: When A Metal Heart Becomes Burning Hot Magma [Re: Snape]
    #3859948 - 03/02/05 11:23 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Why are you complaining, you've got something great going.

Love her

OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

Re: When A Metal Heart Becomes Burning Hot Magma [Re: Freeker]
    #3859954 - 03/02/05 11:23 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not complaining, I don't know what to do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3860039 - 03/02/05 11:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

just do whatever man.

you both like each other in a very special way it seems.

take this opportunity to truly be yourself with a woman.

peace.

:heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Invisiblericochet
Re: When A Metal Heart Becomes Burning Hot Magma [Re: Todcasil]
    #3860076 - 03/02/05 11:45 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

are all French Canadians this long-winded? :confused:

also, that's not very metal of you. :rolleyes:

seriously, good luck and pursue her with vigor. it'll work out. just play it cool. :cool:

OfflineLilShank
TECH N9NE

#3860102 - 03/02/05 11:50 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You could probly start by getting her number, asking her to a date, then asking her out.

--------------------
Thats why ur momma got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
Thats why ur sister got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
since ur momma and ur sister got a big ol butt
they helped the NiNa bust a big ol' nut

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: When A Metal Heart Becomes Burning Hot Magma [Re: LilShank]
    #3860110 - 03/02/05 11:51 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

number is all you need.

dates and asking out are over rated

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

Invisiblericochet
    #3860114 - 03/02/05 11:52 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

get her email, d00d.

cyber with her. she'll love that.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: When A Metal Heart Becomes Burning Hot Magma [Re: ricochet]
    #3860120 - 03/02/05 11:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:rotfl:

email her a greamlin or too, be creative :wink:

:blush:

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

#3860130 - 03/02/05 11:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I ask for thoughts and tips about something happening to me, then I get retarted comments.

Congratulations, you are all the dumbest fucks ever.

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

#3860136 - 03/02/05 11:57 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for the compliment buddy, you didnt see the recomendations?

or were you showing us how metal you were since you revealed your lighter side to soon?  :nonono:

dont be mean please,

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

Invisiblericochet
    #3860137 - 03/02/05 11:58 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

you posted about relationship advice on a public Internet forum. what do you expect?

OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

#3860143 - 03/02/05 11:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I already have her phone number, e-mail adress and all that stuff. I asked for thoughts and opinions about the following fact:"Is all of that happening too fast"

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

#3860149 - 03/03/05 12:01 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

everything happens at its own speed. the faster a flame flares, ive noticed, the faster it dies down.... i could be wrong however, but i would try to take it as slow as possible.

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

#3860157 - 03/03/05 12:03 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ricochet said:
you posted about relationship advice on a public Internet forum. what do you expect?

Not some guys who already know I lose my temper easily :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblericochet
    #3860164 - 03/03/05 12:04 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

it's good you have that information so things aren't moving too slowly and you're not finding yourself struggling to initiate contact with her.

just show interest in her. be passively persistent and stay in touch, but don't make her regret giving you her personal info.

just keep one thing in mind:

what would Isaac Hayes do?

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

#3860167 - 03/03/05 12:06 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:crazy: :headbang: :wexican:

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

#3860176 - 03/03/05 12:08 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ricochet said:
it's good you have that information so things aren't moving too slowly and you're not finding yourself struggling to initiate contact with her.

just show interest in her. be passively persistent and stay in touch, but don't make her regret giving you her personal info.

just keep one thing in mind:

what would Isaac Hayes do?

Well I slept with her on the first day we met, how cool is that for contact initiating? :smile:

The thing is.. We already love each other... But it all happened so fast... And this is where I need advice !

--------------------

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
    #3860179 - 03/03/05 12:09 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ricochet said:

also, that's not very metal of you. :rolleyes:

Bwahahahaha :lol: Metal heads need the love too man :grin:

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

Re: When A Metal Heart Becomes Burning Hot Magma [Re: Harbinger]
    #3860183 - 03/03/05 12:09 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Harbinger said:
Metal heads need the love too man :grin:

:yesnod:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]