Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: trendal]
    #4443230 -

All the Pink Floyd albums have a gift to me of giving a dreamy sort of happy mood. After you've listened and dug through all the albums I get this personality. Listening to a full album is and will always be a treat. You can't stop or something. Pulls at my strings in a special way that I appreciate.

The album may be talked about beyond a beaten horse but its still something awesome to relate to.


--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: MOTH]
    #4443875 -

EllemyshShade said:
What are your favorite albums? (besides the Wall)



Favorite Floyd records? My top three are
3) Ummagumma
2) The Final Cut
1) Animals


--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: trendal]
    #4443884 -

of all timing, im listening to "hey you" right now. makes me hella depressed for some reason


--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: TubOlucinogens]
    #4443895 -

TubOlucinogens said:
There is nothing left to say about the Wall.

It's all become pretty fucking redundant already.

All of Roger Waters stuff is really depressing except for maybe San Tropez.  :cool:

I really enjoy his solo albums too

The Pros & Cons of Hitchhiking, Amused to Death,
and The Final Cut (I know this is done under the Pink Floyd name, but who's he tryin' to kid?)

It's not very difficult to understand artists despising the overzealous fan. They are just idiots, and they refuse to admire anything with a bit of integrity.

Edit: I dig Waters' Radio KAOS too. Really 80's synth pop-ish at points but it's good.



I also like Radio Kaos, and I love Pros and Cons right of there with the best Floyd records, but I just can't dig Amused To Death. The backing vocals. that black chick, sounds phony and the guitar doesn't rock at all.

Have you ever heard an old album Rog made with some other guy who helped with the orchestration on Atom Heart Mother, it's called The Body? It's a good one to dig up, but don't get your hopes too high. I was hoping for a long lost Atom Heart Mother but it's not quite that cool.


--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #4443968 -

Quote:
I also like Radio Kaos, and I love Pros and Cons right of there with the best Floyd records, but I just can't dig Amused To Death. The backing vocals. that black chick, sounds phony and the guitar doesn't rock at all.



I get what you're saying about Amused To Death. It still maintains that theatrical feel which has come to be a trademark of Waters' productions, with all of the satire you'd expect as well. Those are two qualities of the album I deeply enjoy and empathize with. Some, or most, of his songs can be like watching a very provocative war documentary on the History Channel, though.

Edit: And I disagree with you on the musicianship.

Quote:
Have you ever heard an old album Rog made with some other guy who helped with the orchestration on Atom Heart Mother, it's called The Body? It's a good one to dig up, but don't get your hopes too high. I was hoping for a long lost Atom Heart Mother but it's not quite that cool.



I haven't heard it, but I'll look. When was this recorded?

Edited by TubOlucinogens (07/23/05 06:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: TubOlucinogens]
    #4444145 -



--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pink Floyd - Time
( 1 2 all )
trendalM 2,357 37 03/09/05 12:11 AM
by Vulture
* Remember that guy from the Pink Floyd Wall movie? World Spirit 832 7 03/12/05 08:55 AM
by Edge
* Pink Floyd Sugestions
( 1 2 all )
EuphoricDreams 4,546 34 06/05/03 07:28 AM
by mr_kite
* pink floyd the wall live at nassau coliseum 1980 dvd **UPDATE/REVIEW** Shnezbit 2,245 19 10/03/16 01:53 PM
by orison
* PINK FLOYD adamj 954 10 02/20/06 01:28 AM
by wrestler_az
* I love Pink Floyd Thin White Duke 2,347 19 05/06/06 03:48 PM
by Deadmaker
* Pink Floyd Sherman901 1,963 14 09/06/05 09:36 PM
by In(di)go
* Pink Floyd is reuniting and playing live
( 1 2 all )
Wysefool 2,814 20 06/14/05 01:22 AM
by Irishdrunk

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,791 topic views. 2 members, 45 guests and 324 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.