Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
pink floyd the wall live at nassau coliseum 1980 dvd **UPDATE/REVIEW**
    #3972684 - 03/26/05 02:00 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

hey all u floyd fans, i ordered this here:
http://www.musiccdvideo.net/music/pink_floyd-203/?from=adwords2

anyone see it yet? i cant wait....ive always wanted to see the way they did that show back in the day. the concept of building a wall between the band and the audience and then projecting animation on it is so cool.

Edited by Shnezbit (04/09/05 10:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: pink floyd the wall live at nassau coliseum 1980 DVD [Re: Shnezbit]
    #3972804 - 03/26/05 02:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Is it official?

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: pink floyd the wall live at nassau coliseum 1980 DVD [Re: Thin White Duke]
    #3972826 - 03/26/05 02:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

what do u mean official?

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

#3972835 - 03/26/05 02:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

o, i guess u mean did floyd sanction it/put it out themselves. i dont know, cant tell from the site and i did a further search and couldnt find it anywhere else. i was hoping someone here saw it and can vouch for it. when i get it ill definately post back and let u all know how it is.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #3975742 - 03/27/05 10:43 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I havent seen that concert...but I do have "Pink Floyd The Wall Live in Berlin".

They built the wall on stage and projected clips from the movie on it, then tore it down at the end.

YERY COOL.

:headbanger: :headbanger:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisiblePawPaw
Picktish TexasStyle....

Loc: was born down in the sout...
    #3975796 - 03/27/05 11:02 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

They only had like 17 concerts when they were doing the wall...thats gotta be rare :thumbup:

--------------------
Come to Paw Paws place there will be no sleeping tonight

Eric just wants to catch reds ..
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s right on your trail
He?s just a step away from hell
WDYWFM?

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: pink floyd the wall live at nassau coliseum 1980 DVD [Re: PawPaw]
    #3976942 - 03/27/05 05:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i saw the berlin video and im not a fan of it. personally i want to see pink floyd perform it, not cindy lauper and whoever else. im very interested in seeing how it originally was done. even if the quality of the dvd is poor im still looking forward to seeing how they did things

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #3977143 - 03/27/05 06:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'm listening to Animals right now :smile:
"sheep"

--------------------

Invisiblericochet
Re: pink floyd the wall live at nassau coliseum 1980 DVD [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3977350 - 03/27/05 07:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"Custom company DVD-R (printed!). Low Quality!!!"

they seem so happy with their "low quality" product.

meh. not official. supporting bootleggers by buying VOIO/ROIO instead of trading makes me sad. do people even B&P anymore?

:shrug:

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: pink floyd the wall live at nassau coliseum 1980 DVD [Re: ricochet]
    #3981653 - 03/28/05 07:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

bah, didnt see that "low quality" info when i ordered it, was too excited. o well, guess ill be a bit disapointed then. i let u all know how much it sucks, or if its ok on the off chance.

-animals is a great album psilocybeingz.

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

#3981660 - 03/28/05 07:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

o yea, i saw the wall live cd in circuit city, its from the original tour. any1 here check it out yet, is it any good?

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: pink floyd the wall live at nassau coliseum 1980 DVD**update/review** [Re: Shnezbit]
    #4035702 - 04/09/05 10:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ok everyone, i finally got the dvd of the wall live at nassau colliseum in 1980. personally i liked it, but first let me say a few things: i wouldnt recomend it 'cause the quality is poor and i think most people would be very disappointed. it is some sort of copy/bootleg of the original which makes the quality lame. (thats why i think it comes from over seas 'cause of american copyright law) but the original seems to be officially sanctioned and planned by the band 'cause there are several camera angels and it all syncs in with the music. personally i have never seen this released and i wonder why? floyd should release the original video of this show, i mean they obviously went through the trouble of having people record it. so the actual footage is professional but the quality is poor mainly 'cause its a bootleg. that being said i dont regret getting it. man what a great show! there was a plane that flew accross the stadium and crashed into the wall. it was so cool to see the wall being built as the show progressed, although the quality is so poor and dark its hard to see that aspect as much as i wanted to. the pig came out at 1 point. roger waters would talk to the audience every now and then and ask how they liked it. he seemed to be having alot of fun. at one point i think he was laughing and he missed a couple of words to a song. he told the pig to go back in a joking way, he was labling him as a symbol of the fbi/law enforcement. there was this pseudo intermission where this guy came out and talked all warped like and was saying the band will be out soon and he kept talking about safety rules...it was so funny. people tripping must have been freaked out by him. he was like'no fireworks from the audience, but dont worry they'll be enough explosions in ur minds'. then 'the suragate band' came out with masks on for the song' in the flesh part 2'. the trial was the best part though. all that animation spanning across the entire wall, wow! i so wish i was there!!! i think i was in 2nd or 3rd grade at the time. (the first album i ever got was the wall and it was my present for my holy communion, lol. my dad asked what i wanted and that was it...been a fan a long time) i always wanted to see how they did it and now i know from watching this dvd. unfortunately it is very dark alot of the time so i woud only get glimpses of stuff and ild get the basic idea. but u guys will think im nuts but i really enjoyed watching this 1, and i dont regret spending the money. but i wont recommend it 'cause i think most people would be really pissed to spend the money on such poor quality.
1980, before laser lights. i saw the momentery lapse of reason tour twice, and it was alot of fun and real cool and all, but after seeing this i really was sad to think that 20 years have gone by without roger waters. i couldnt help but think of all the great stuff they could have done if they stayed together. i just dont think it was ever as good without him, and him without them as well. why did aerosmith have to work it out and not pink floyd? i wish i was in the universe where its the other way around.

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
Re: pink floyd the wall live at nassau coliseum 1980 DVD**update/review** [Re: Shnezbit]
    #4035787 - 04/09/05 10:41 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Shnezbit said:
why did aerosmith have to work it out and not pink floyd? i wish i was in the universe where its the other way around.

Word. Post-Waters Pink Floyd just makes me sad.

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #4035827 - 04/09/05 11:00 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

That is the same way that I feel about "Live in Berlin".

You got a feel for the show...wall being built, using the wall to project video, the wall coming down. It was made to be seen so the quality was good.

The way they did it was ok. I would have rather seen Ping Floyd do the original concert tho.

Having different bands play different parts was kinda cool too. And it went with the theme of the Berlin wall coming down. So it wasnt a total disappointment.

I dont regret buying it, and have watched it about 5-6 times.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: pink floyd the wall live at nassau coliseum 1980 DVD**update/review** [Re: niteowl]
    #4036467 - 04/10/05 06:59 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i could never sit through the berlin video, i just didnt like how all those different people did the songs. i guess ill try and give it another chance but im sure ill cringe thoughout it. anyone know if theres any other live floyd videos with waters? i mean led zep put out that dvd with all those live shows on it, i think like 4 shows on it. why cant floyd do that too? imagine a floyd dvd with live dark side, wish u were here, animals and the wall live!

InvisiblePawPaw
Picktish TexasStyle....

Loc: was born down in the sout...
    #4036478 - 04/10/05 07:14 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Dude thats pretty much what you get on Delicate Sound and Pulse viedos ...fuck a bunch of Waters anyway...hes a fuckkin depressing crybaby

--------------------
Come to Paw Paws place there will be no sleeping tonight

Eric just wants to catch reds ..
He?s right on your trail
He?s just a step away from hell
WDYWFM?

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: pink floyd the wall live at nassau coliseum 1980 DVD**update/review** [Re: PawPaw]
    #4036493 - 04/10/05 07:27 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i like the delicate sound and pulse stuff but ild be way more interested in the old lineup with waters. he wrote most of the lyrics and music when they were together. personally i dont like too many songs of floyd without waters, i can maybe count how many i like on 1 hand. but with waters there isnt a song i dont like. personally i even like final cut, although i know most dont. but i understand alot of people feel differently than i do about floyd without waters. to each his own.

OfflinePlasmanta
Sporekeeper
Male

Loc: United States Southwest P...
Re: pink floyd the wall live at nassau coliseum 1980 dvd **UPDATE/REVIEW** [Re: Shnezbit]
    #23703713 - 10/03/16 01:44 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

My mother had The Wall record silver plated and incased in a glass box with all their sigs on the glass box. It hung on our wall for years and years until she sold it to a collector for $5k :frown: I was really upset.  She didn't want to sell it but the guy offered the $5k and she cried she was so happy. At the time she sold it the guy was apparently the owner of a grocery store chain. I guess he had enough money to buy anything he wanted.

--------------------
If you use yet refuse to show respect to the drug you love you have already signed the rights away to your soul.

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: pink floyd the wall live at nassau coliseum 1980 dvd **UPDATE/REVIEW** [Re: Plasmanta]
    #23703721 - 10/03/16 01:46 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

11 year bump :lol:

--------------------

Offlineorison
mcfluffysugarnuts

Re: pink floyd the wall live at nassau coliseum 1980 dvd **UPDATE/REVIEW** [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #23703742 - 10/03/16 01:53 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

been waiting for the official 1980 Wall release, since 1980..:sad:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom