Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Pink Floyd's "The Wall"
    #4442031 -

If you listen to it straight through, the way it should be played...what does it mean to you?

Do you feel any meaning in it?


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: trendal]
    #4442036 -

Hey You

Hey you, out there in the cold
Getting lonely, getting old
Can you feel me?
Hey you, standing in the aisles
With itchy feet and fading smiles
Can you feel me?
Hey you, dont help them to bury the light
Don't give in without a fight.

Hey you, out there on your own
Sitting naked by the phone
Would you touch me?
Hey you, with you ear against the wall
Waiting for someone to call out
Would you touch me?
Hey you, would you help me to carry the stone?
Open your heart, I'm coming home.

But it was only fantasy.
The wall was too high,
As you can see.
No matter how he tried,
He could not break free.
And the worms ate into his brain.

Hey you, standing in the road
always doing what you're told,
Can you help me?
Hey you, out there beyond the wall,
Breaking bottles in the hall,
Can you help me?
Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all
Together we stand, divided we fall.


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: trendal]
    #4442043 -

I listened to the wall while coming down on LSD and coming up on shrooms.

Now I've heard the Wall many, many times.

But while tripping I REALLY got into the psychological horror that is "The Wall."

Usually I like the music just cause it's groovy and I like Pink Floyd. But if I take a deeper look I can really appreciate how sad the damn album is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: MOTH]
    #4442056 -

I can usually do ok with the first album while tripping, but the second one can take some concentration to stay out of the hole.

The movie is usually just too much, except on low mushroom doses :smirk:


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: trendal]
    #4442058 -

Waiting for the Worms

"Eins, zwei, drei, alle!"

Ooooh, you cannot reach me now
Ooooh, no matter how you try
Goodbye, cruel world, it's over
Walk on by.

Sitting in a bunker here behind my wall
Waiting for the worms to come.
In perfect isolation here behind my wall
Waiting for the worms to come.

We're {waiting to succeed} and going to convene outside Brixton
Town Hall where we're going to be...

Waiting to cut out the deadwood.
Waiting to clean up the city.
Waiting to follow the worms.
Waiting to put on a black shirt.
Waiting to weed out the weaklings.
Waiting to smash in their windows
And kick in their doors.
Waiting for the final solution
To strengthen the strain.
Waiting to follow the worms.
Waiting to turn on the showers
And fire the ovens.
Waiting for the queens and the coons
and the reds and the jews.
Waiting to follow the worms.

Would you like to see Britannia
Rule again, my friend?
All you have to do is follow the worms.
Would you like to send our colored cousins
Home again, my friend?

All you need to do is follow the worms.

The Worms will convene outside Brixton Bus Station. We'll be moving along at about 12 o'clock down Stockwell Road {.... ......} {Abbot's Road } {.....} twelve minutes to three we'll be moving along Lambeth Road towards Vauxhall Bridge. Now when we get to the other side of Vauxhall Bridge we're in Westminster {Borough } area. It's quite possible we may encounter some {.....} by the way we go. {... ..}."


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: trendal]
    #4442059 -

trendal said:
I can usually do ok with the first album while tripping, but the second one can take some concentration to stay out of the hole.




Oh yeah, it totally sucked me right in.  Before I knew it, *I* was the one hanging out behind a Wall.  :tongue: :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: MOTH]
    #4442060 -

With a little :bong:, though, this entire album is killer :wink:


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: trendal]
    #4442065 -

That's usually my preferred method of consumption with the Wall.  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: MOTH]
    #4442076 -

Nobody Home

I've got a little black book with my poems in.
Got a bag with a toothbrush and a comb in.
When I'm a good dog, they sometimes throw me a bone in.

I got elastic bands keepin my shoes on.
Got those swollen hand blues.
Got thirteen channels of shit on the T.V. to choose from.
I've got electric light.
And I've got second sight.
And amazing powers of observation.
And that is how I know
When I try to get through
On the telephone to you
There'll be nobody home.

I've got the obligatory Hendrix perm.
And the inevitable pinhole burns
All down the front of my favorite satin shirt.
I've got nicotine stains on my fingers.
I've got a silver spoon on a chain.
I've got a grand piano to prop up my mortal remains.

I've got wild staring eyes.
And I've got a strong urge to fly.
But I got nowhere to fly to.
Ooooh, Babe when I pick up the phone

There's still nobody home.

I've got a pair of Gohills boots
and I got fading roots.


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: trendal]
    #4442079 -

It's depressing to me.






--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: MOTH]
    #4442082 -

I doubt there's anything that hasn't already been said about The Wall. But I went to a big concert of a Japanese band I don't like at all awhile ago. And watching everybody pump their fists in the air in unison made me think of the Nazi imagery in the movie and the lyrics of 'Waiting for the Worms' especially the lines 'Waiting to smash in their windows And kick in their doors. Waiting for the final solution To strengthen the strain. Waiting to follow the worms.
Waiting to turn on the showers And fire the ovens. Waiting for the queens and the coons and the reds and the jews. Waiting to follow the worms.'. Usually, at a concert, I'm totally rocking out and not thinking about it, but if you think about it, the way everyone pumps their fists in the air at the same time does look a lot like those gigantic Nazi rallies in the old WW2 films. Hitler just used really enticing imagery, Swastikas, The Heil Hitler salute, the goosestep, it was all really powerful and rock'n'roll often comes from a similar place. I think being a rock star could easily make the average fan seem like an idiot who could easily be sucked into something Nazism. And it's true. I think in the story, the main character, Pink, has a mental breakdown and starts to think he's some kind of tyrannical leader or something. I could totally see how, if you walked out on stage having a bad acid trip it could come across like that. He's definitely against fans who worship him to much. Dylan also hates overly fanatical fans.

It's not directly related but 'Waiting for the Worms' kind of reminds of John Lennon's 'Working Class Hero' the way he seems so sickened by the average person.

Just some thoughts. And yeah, The Wall is a really dark record. Really fantastic.


--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: Learyfan]
    #4442084 -

i've listin to CN,while trippin my sweet holy ass off on lucy...

i was too preoccupied with other stuff,so i quess i didn't look to far into it....

but it did sound so good i could have nut myslelf,haha....


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4442135 -

The first time I listened to it all the way thru.......
I was blown away.

It has a darkness, that you really don't get, unless you listen to the whole thing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4442141 -

Run Like Hell Lyrics

Run run run run run run run run Run, YEAH!
You better make your face up in Your favourite disguise
With your button down lips and your Roller blind eyes
With your empty smile
And your hungry heart
Feel the bile rising from your guilty past
With your nerves in tatters when the cockleshell shatters
And the hammers batter down the door
You'd better run!
Run run run run run run run run
Run, YEAH!
You better run all day and run all night
And keep your dirty feelings deep inside
And if you're taking your Girlfriend out tonight
You'd better park the car well out of sight
Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her
locks
They're gonna send you back to mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
Run run run run run run run run
Run, YEAH!
--

The wall is great.  I had to turn the movie off tripping tho...

Ive been on a Pink Floyd kick lately, best part is they have soo many different albums that i dont get bored :smile:.


--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: baraka]
    #4442169 -

What are your favorite albums? (besides the Wall)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: trendal]
    #4442545 -

all and all im just another brick in the wall :-P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: trendal]
    #4442629 -

There is nothing left to say about the Wall.

It's all become pretty fucking redundant already.

All of Roger Waters stuff is really depressing except for maybe San Tropez.  :cool:

I really enjoy his solo albums too

The Pros & Cons of Hitchhiking, Amused to Death,
and The Final Cut (I know this is done under the Pink Floyd name, but who's he tryin' to kid?)

It's not very difficult to understand artists despising the overzealous fan. They are just idiots, and they refuse to admire anything with a bit of integrity.

Edit: I dig Waters' Radio KAOS too. Really 80's synth pop-ish at points but it's good.

Edited by TubOlucinogens (07/23/05 11:35 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: trendal]
    #4442969 -

my first lsd trip was to the wall.  when the trial came there were seven of us all peaking and laying around this dark room just listening, i shot up form the bed (there were two other people on it) and wrapped myself in a blanket and started reciting the lyrics at the top of my lungs in accent with flourishes... i felt like i was in a amazing play that i knew all to well...

it took three men to tackle me down and wrap me up in that blanket telling me to stop cause i was freaking everyone out lol..  :heart:

i love acid.

i love that album...  it is well spoken and well written, though i appriciate it much more when read in my head then when listened to sometimes.


--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.


~Casil



:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: Todcasil]
    #4443129 -

Ahh yes, the Wall. Story of my life, minus the whole neo-nazi-hate-group-judged-by-a-bunch-of-puppets-on-strings thing. I remember watching the Wall for the first time, and just being in amazement that some form of media could capture the maddness and horror of growing up in a situation like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pink Floyd's "The Wall" [Re: trendal]
    #4443200 -

trendal said:
If you listen to it straight through, the way it should be played...what does it mean to you?

Do you feel any meaning in it?



To me, that beautiful album signifies and captures everything that sucks about life.

For that, it is a masterpiece like no other.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pink Floyd - Time
( 1 2 all )
trendalM 2,357 37 03/09/05 12:11 AM
by Vulture
* Remember that guy from the Pink Floyd Wall movie? World Spirit 832 7 03/12/05 08:55 AM
by Edge
* Pink Floyd Sugestions
( 1 2 all )
EuphoricDreams 4,546 34 06/05/03 07:28 AM
by mr_kite
* pink floyd the wall live at nassau coliseum 1980 dvd **UPDATE/REVIEW** Shnezbit 2,245 19 10/03/16 01:53 PM
by orison
* PINK FLOYD adamj 954 10 02/20/06 01:28 AM
by wrestler_az
* I love Pink Floyd Thin White Duke 2,347 19 05/06/06 03:48 PM
by Deadmaker
* Pink Floyd Sherman901 1,963 14 09/06/05 09:36 PM
by In(di)go
* Pink Floyd is reuniting and playing live
( 1 2 all )
Wysefool 2,814 20 06/14/05 01:22 AM
by Irishdrunk

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,791 topic views. 4 members, 3 guests and 103 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 20 queries.