Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
2005 All Good Festival Pics
    #4422845 -

All Good Festival was held this year on Marvin's Mountaintop just outside of Masontown, WV, between July 14th and July 18th. I don't have any close friends in this area, so I decided to roll down there alone. The drive time was around 5 1/2 hours but my wait in line was 7:



Due to my late arrival, I camped about 20 minutes from the center stage in a rocky area upmountain:



This mountain road held up well:



The view from my site was breathtaking:



Some people camped further up the mountain for an even better view:



You can see how the mountain dwarfs some of the tents near the edge:



In the distance through the fog you can see a river:



Water was prevalent throughout the weekend. In fact, when I arrived on Friday night, there was zero visibility due to pea soup fog. They had ran out of maps and programs so navigation was impossible. Two people stayed with my group (comprised of some wonderful people from nearby Virginia and me) for several hours because they couldn't find their cars or tents! There was celebration everywhere, so nobody was particularly worried.

Everybody who camped in our area had to endure this hill. Rumor has it it was easier to ascend backwards, but I never tried it:



Closer in the cars were dense:



Shake down. Need I say more?



Close up of the mud.



Center stage vendors. Bottled water was $1, and most food was between $4 and $5. As you can see, this festival is considerably more intimate than Bonnaroo:



It's always fun to camp right on the edge of the precipice:



The geography made camping interesting:



All wheel drive good. The mud got many times worse than this, especially on Sunday night:



Center stage through the trees:



The attendees were a broad mix of people who look, act, talk, and dress like hippies and others who like to keep things more on the down low:



Here's an overview of 40% or so of the camping area with the center stage just off to the left:



Impromptu jam session:



Hope you enjoyed these pictures. More to come in about 25 hours.

John

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2005 All Good Festival Pics [Re: nookjohn]
    #4422875 -

who played?


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2005 All Good Festival Pics [Re: afoaf]
    #4422903 -

The line up is at http://www.allgoodfestival.com/, but my favorite band was by far Dark Star Orchestra. They play set lists of old Grateful Dead shows and kick ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2005 All Good Festival Pics [Re: nookjohn]
    #4422990 -

yeah, they are coming to town here soon and was thinking
about going.


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2005 All Good Festival Pics [Re: afoaf]
    #4423070 -

great pics john! i cant wait for the other ones. that view is amazing, and i would have just had fun sitting there smokin a bowl staring off into the distance :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2005 All Good Festival Pics [Re: nookjohn]
    #4423082 -

AWESOME!  im so glad that you ended up going nooker!

i wish i coulda made it!

glad you had fun, !..you did have fun right? :lol:

the wind looked fun, and sucks you had to wait in line so long.  thats when jumpin fences comes in handy, lol.

good times!


--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2005 All Good Festival Pics [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4423123 -

Yep, I missed you, but shit happens, heh.

I'm getting good at befriending total strangers. Something has come over me, and I'm not quite sure what it is yet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2005 All Good Festival Pics [Re: nookjohn]
    #4423144 -

Rock on! I will never go, do to a past Girlfriend of mine went there and met a new hubby and ran away with them. For that reason i will stay away from this wonderful place, for me i will have some wine and a jam with some friends here instead.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2005 All Good Festival Pics [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4423209 -

:cryariver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2005 All Good Festival Pics [Re: nookjohn]
    #4495128 -

Here are the rest of the pics!

This was the bus for everybody to paint and some more of the everpresent mud. As I learned the following weekend at 10,000 Lakes, some festivals are actually devoid of mud.



The security checkpoint. I was never hassled.



Extremely rain swelled pond. I saw one crazy person take a dip in it!



There was plenty of space for the audience. Music had just started at this point, but the grass was packed later that night for Dark Star.



This was the main stage, comparable to one of the side stages at Bonnaroo. Sound at this festival was excellent.



Enjoy!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2005 All Good Festival Pics [Re: nookjohn]
    #4495767 -

That looks like so much fun. I can't wait till the festivities coming around here in September.


--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2005 All Good Festival Pics [Re: nookjohn]
    #4495926 -

DSO rocks :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2005 All Good Festival Pics [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4495940 -

oh and ill be checking them out again soon at the ledges

August 19th-21st
Gratefulfest
Three nights with Dark Star Orchestra!
Special guest Keller Williams!
The Zen Tricksters, Dirty Dozen Brass Band,
StirFried with Buddy Cage, David Gans
Wavy Gravy! Zion Godchaux
With more very special acts tba.
R.I.P. Scott Larned. We love you.
HERES THE RETT SYNDROME RAFFLE PRIZES
www.nlqp.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2005 All Good Festival Pics [Re: nookjohn]
    #4495947 -

Awesome pics.. wish I coulda been there


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2005 All Good Festival Pics [Re: Shroomism]
    #4495986 -

I'd be right there with you but unfortunately I have a previous commitment on that weekend. Can't wait to get back to the ledges. Had a blast there at NE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2005 All Good Festival Pics [Re: nookjohn]
    #4496014 -

hey KOTT... I might want to check that out.. I'm in Dayton


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2005 All Good Festival Pics [Re: Shroomism]
    #4496018 -

lol, dayton now?? you sure do move around :P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2005 All Good Festival Pics [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4496031 -

lol.. I'm only like 200 miles east of where I was two weeks ago. :P


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2005 All Good Festival Pics [Re: Shroomism]
    #4496055 -

well if ur going to gratefulfest lemme know

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2005 All Good Festival Pics [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4496072 -

how much it be? same price for all events?
I'll shoot you a pm if I think Im gonna go


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Dark Star Orchestra
( 1 2 all )
OctopusDr 5,620 39 05/21/03 10:40 AM
by Adom
* Gratefulfest at NLQP bardleyrichard 151 0 06/21/09 02:57 PM
by bardleyrichard
* anyone seen a Dark Star Orchestra show? Madtowntripper 1,109 15 09/11/03 12:43 AM
by philnweird
* Shpongle 2005
( 1 2 3 all )
plexus 4,454 41 07/31/04 12:08 PM
by LoneDeranger
* Check Out My Record Collection! (Pic & List of Albums...) RebelSteve33 2,703 9 05/20/03 05:16 PM
by RebelSteve33
* Telluride Musroom Festival !!!!!!!
( 1 2 all )
PsyllyMe 4,920 30 08/18/04 03:36 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Boom Festival esin 830 3 01/27/08 03:28 PM
by fipsy
* Bonnaroo Pics
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
baraka 11,079 121 06/17/04 12:52 PM
by Phishgrrl

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,387 topic views. 0 members, 53 guests and 64 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.