Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDarkFluFFy
Vapid Soul

The world is filled with dumbasses
    #4413596 - 07/17/05 12:10 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I cant take this anymore, everyone around me are fucking stupid. Everyone are trying to be someone/something that they are not and its really starting to make me wonder. Is there any other smart people out there?

Edited by DarkFluFFy (07/17/05 12:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: The world is filled with dumbasses [Re: DarkFluFFy]
    #4413610 - 07/17/05 12:13 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think that a lot of people are just used to things being a certain way. They don't consider the possibility that it could be different. If you show them your way, you may find that they aren't dumbasses. =)

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #4413613 - 07/17/05 12:14 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

the sad part is that even when you do find smart people, the fact that they are intelligent doesn't necessarily disqualify them from being total douchebags.

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4413643 - 07/17/05 12:21 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

there is no such thing as an intelligent human, we run at 1% capacity

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#4413717 - 07/17/05 12:40 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Is there any other smart people out there?

Normally when we judge people we are guilty of the same thing we condemn them for. This is a harsh truth.

Take a good look at the above quote from you.
Do you notice anything?

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

OfflineDarkFluFFy
Vapid Soul

Re: The world is filled with dumbasses [Re: zorbman]
    #4413825 - 07/17/05 01:06 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

well I know I don't try to be fake and I did over exaggerated on the "smart" thing

Edited by DarkFluFFy (07/17/05 01:52 PM)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4414113 - 07/17/05 06:04 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Think of this:

They can't help being stupid any more than you can help being smart :wink:

I've come to expect stupidity from anyone who hasn't proved otherwise to me...that way I'm not constanty disappointed by the intelligence level around me.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4414144 - 07/17/05 06:55 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I cant take this anymore, everyone around me are fucking stupid.

My aunt was vsiting me the other day and the topic came to television news reporting. She casually waived at my TV set and said:

"You've got the Internet on there but we just watch CNN"  :heart:

She actually assumed that going online involved zapping the internet on the TV  :evil:
I on my part had assumed she understood the Internet is generally the best "reception" on a computer and that she figured I had a computer somewhere.

That's merely ignorance, but isn't kind ignorance adorable? I wonder what her thoughts are on popup killers and email  :evil:

Some people are dumber than you, some are smarter, no need to hold that against someone. If you're highly intelligent and blame people for not offering a challenge is a bit like blaming the baker he doesn't have spraypaint.

Quote:

Everyone are trying to be someone/something that they are not and its really starting to make me wonder.

I think that's the real issue of your post. Smart people can be wannabe's too.

Quote:

Is there any other smart people out there?

You can rest assured: there is! :evil:

There are some pretty smart people on these boards, but dont underestimate the value of sincerity and pleasantness. You can have very simple people who're great fun to be around and you can have great minds who can strip the paint off your toolshed with a mere reply.

If you seek fun or intellectual challenge, there's all kinds here on the Shroomery :thumbup:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinepassnthru2
Stranger
    #4414393 - 07/17/05 10:40 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

the nature of Samsara is Dissatisfaction, the 'others' behavior is a manifestation of their personal ignorance of where happiness come from.

perhaps the source of your dissatisfaction comes from within, the inability to see the behavior's of others actually as suffering. If you lack Compassion for the suffering of others, it makes it difficult to find the source of your own.

The concept of Indra's Web, that we are all connected is an important starting point. Indra's web is like a matrix of dew drops on a spider web..only rotated so that it is like a green 3-D hologram web with a mirrored sphere at each intersection, into infinity. Whatever is reflected into one orb is immediately reflected into every other orb on into infinity.

the moral of this story is that if you want to change what you see, you have to be the one to change it. If you want to see a better world you need to reflect compassion for all the suffering ignorant people out there..and it will reflect back to you, being critical simply continues what is already happening.

"A negative thought continues and increases exponentially until replaced by a positive thought, however the positive thought must be cultivated"... H.H. the Dalai Lama

in 1967 a friend and i took some Clear Light Window Pane Acid.. it was a little 2mm clear gelatin square.. it was so small we didn't even imagine you could cut this little thing in 4 pieces.. and a 1/4 piece was a double hit and would melt walls.

i was so messed up that i decided i would just "Trip"... in those days it was lighting a candle in the middle of the room and getting comfy on a pile of pillows and closing the eyes and meditating on what happened... to some mellow music..

what i saw evolved into what i would call "Rotating Spheres". I could tell they were rotating because they were reflecting all the other mirrored spheres,.. and when i looked at 'one' of the spheres that was rotating..on the big one.. i saw all the other spheres reflected in it.. and when i focused on "ONE" of the spheres rotating on that one, i saw all the other spheres reflected on it..ad infinitum. Years later in a comparative religion class the instructor started talking about Indra's Web and i smiled..and the instructor gave me this little nod. i started hanging around after class and gleaning information from someone who had studied under a Master Guru and got some really good information on what 'Yellow Submarine' was all about...that started a long journey.

i just bought a copy of Yellow Submarine at a yard sale last week for a dollar. i figured it was a sign or something.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: The world is filled with dumbasses [Re: passnthru2]
    #4416035 - 07/17/05 05:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Is this really your first post? Awesome. I love it. Welcome friend. I hope you have fun here. You get 5 shrooms for sure. :thumbup: :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisibleseti
n00b

Re: The world is filled with dumbasses [Re: passnthru2]
    #4416044 - 07/17/05 05:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

MASTER GURUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@#@!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!@@$$$%^&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy2:

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#4416286 - 07/17/05 07:30 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Dumb is in the eye of the observer

Even realy stupid people can be very smart. It all depends on attitude.

Like your attitude makes you sound very stupid.

But are you ?

I could say your stupid but your not.

Why not look past people and look into your own potential. If you are constantly dissapointed in others. Maybe you might ask yourself why you are so dependant on the results of others actions. Even if everyperson in your world is only 10% as smart as you you may still be the dumbest one around if your always looking into others mirrors

I don't think your stupid, just nieve or mabey a tad ignorant to what is really happening around you.

Keep your eyes on yourself and all around you will be just one big bag of humor to be laughed at and not scorned

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom