Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MushCult - Live Mushroom Cultures Edible and Medicinal Mushroom Cultures on Agar   Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, CBD Compare   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Amazon Grow Light

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineburnsxl
Stranger
Indoor Lighting Question
    #439668 - 10/28/01 07:29 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I'm thinking of attempting an indoor compost grow method, but it requires a 12 hour a day light source. In my situation, using sunlight would not be possible, so i would need an indoor grow light. Does anyone know a good kind of light for this, or brand name or place to look? I would need it to be fairly small as well. Any help you could give me with this would be appreciated, because i'm a newbie and am still learning grow techniques.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCub
Loc: Northern VA
Re: Indoor Lighting Question [Re: burnsxl]
    #439686 - 10/28/01 07:39 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Don't spend too much. Mushrooms only use light so they know which way to grow. You could probably just string up a flourescent lamp and they would get the idea. And about the 12 hrs. I read that isnt set in stone. While it mimics the day/night hours loosely, I don't believe it's all that important to have 12 on 12 off. You could leave it on non stop, or give the mushies only a couple hours of light a day with the same results. Mushroom veterans correct me if I'm wrong, though! I dont want to spread misinformation.

Offlinegaastra
enthusiast

Re: Indoor Lighting Question [Re: Cub]
    #439746 - 10/28/01 08:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i used a crappy light for 2 hours a day, and it was fine, any kind of light will do and any amount of time more than 2 hours is fine. make sure the light isnt too close to your cakes cause it might overheat them

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: Indoor Lighting Question [Re: burnsxl]
    #439753 - 10/28/01 08:16 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I recently seen a couple of trays that sat in total darkness too long. They devloped major cob web mold, in fact some other trays were lost to it. Just buy placeing 2 trays in a terarium under a florecent light for 24 hours killed the mold dead in it's tracks. The mycelium was perfectly healthy! Lights DO serve a purpose in 'shroom cultavation. However carefull attention has to be paid to the casting not drying out due to the small amount of heat from a florecent bulb. Spraying is a must.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: MushCult - Live Mushroom Cultures Edible and Medicinal Mushroom Cultures on Agar   Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, CBD Compare   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Amazon Grow Light

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation