Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Sleep Deprivation...
    #439109 - 10/28/01 06:24 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

So I've been up for around two or something days now without the use of any drugs. I'm at a nice state now where the hum of the computer keeps sneaking up on me and consuming my head until it starts to pulsate...

So, how much longer do you think I would have to go before I start hallucinating?
I haven't eaten much the past few daze either, I'm sure that will help...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Sleep Deprivation... [Re: Anonymous]
    #439123 - 10/28/01 08:03 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I should think around 4 or 5 days, based on what I have read. But really, why would you want to do this? Seems like a bad idea to me.

--------------------

Edited by Revelation (10/28/01 08:04 AM)

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
    #439217 - 10/28/01 12:51 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

keep postin ere,. tell us how its goin. one time i did speed at a concert, stayed up the whole night and on the train back i was looking out of the windowand i could see people walking in fields and digging holes n stuff. i kept hearing 2 of my friends whispering and laughing, but when i looked round they were asleep. walking home i heared some footsteps comming towards me, i got around the corner and there was no one there. this was just going without sleep for 24 hours, spose the speed added to it.

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

Anonymous

Re: Sleep Deprivation... [Re: Revelation]
    #439414 - 10/28/01 05:21 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I ended up going to sleep this morning. I have to go to my mom's for my early birthday party, figured I'd show some respect by getting some sleep. :wink:

//But really, why would you want to do this? Seems like a bad idea to me.
I usually don't sleep much anyway. I used to do shit like this all the time, but I don't think I ever stayed up longer than 3 days. I live in Iowa, It gets really boring around here.

OfflineAnimalChin

Loc: US of A
    #439593 - 10/28/01 08:44 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I would get some sleep if I were you. Its very unhealthy to do that. Its boring around here to but hey, I'm not jumping off bridges ; ). But part of me is also curious. Keep us posted if you aare still gonna do it.....

--------------------
A Bird in the hand is Dead.

Anonymous

Re: Sleep Deprivation... [Re: AnimalChin]
    #440104 - 10/29/01 03:11 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Study the lines... :wink:

Okay, here's the deal...
Back when I was 17 (six years, damn I'm getting old) I thought that I could ween myself off of food and sleep. I slept maybe 4 hours every three days until I would finally crash for a full day. I would eat when I was in pain or couldn't move,  but I was determined. (i'm just a little crazy at times) Eventually I was having episodes where my back would completely lock up on me and I couldn't move for at least 15 minutes, the worst pain I've ever felt. Then sometimes I would be walking and my shins would start to hurt... that sucks because there is absolutly nothing you can do to get rid of the pain. I lost 20 pounds that I never got back.

I wasn't one some stupid quest or anything this time... I've had a depressing time the last few days and I couldn't go to sleep. Now I've slept, I feel better no harm done. I wasn't planning on staying up till I started hallucinating, just wondering how far off I was.

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #440769 - 10/29/01 04:01 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Sleep deprivation has been proven ..not. to be bad for you, you suffer no long term effect down the road. The CEO for Honda Corp. sleeps 4 hours every 4 hours so he is always fresh(sleep trivia). But for sleep dep to create hallucinations it can begin at 3 days, hallucination can also occur in loss of sleep daily, by multiplication factors. One study was done a nurse who saw swastikas on everything during work, these hallucinations were later discovered to be caused by her taking up a second job and using caffeine pills to help her stay awake. Here sleeping habits were only 4 hrs max nightley all week fork 3 weeks until problems occured....So if you want to hallucinate from sleep dep you can cut your nightly sleep in half or go all at once at least 3 days, I wouldn't suggest driving ect. Sleep dep. hallucinations are usually creepy, dark paranoid delusions......Good luck

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflineAxiom420
ADDICT

Loc: in the forest, behind the...
Re: Sleep Deprivation... [Re: egolesss]
    #442594 - 10/31/01 01:02 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

got a friend that stayed up nearly 12 days on meth, he said that I should try it.

--------------------
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
- Albert Einstein

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience