Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Mescaline isopropanol extracting
    #4379511 - 07/07/05 11:29 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hey I chopped one of my beuteys down, and decided to try a differnt prepperation this time, I simply soaked 120 dried grams in one leter of iso.

Is their anything I should add to it to aid in the extraction?? How much gunk do you think I will be left with??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebluelou
NUTCASEdrugbucket!
Male User Gallery

Loc: $hroom Central
Re: Mescaline isopropanol extracting [Re: Legoulash]
    #4380790 - 07/07/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Bump!

Come on you GHoSTS???

--------------------
Have you tried my(black kow) pile style tek outdoors!!!!!!!!

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: Mescaline isopropanol extracting [Re: bluelou]
    #4381859 - 07/07/05 10:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

y not extract
with shellite ?

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Mescaline isopropanol extracting [Re: liveby]
    #4382542 - 07/08/05 01:37 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have no idea what shellite is.....I had a dream where I wanted pure crystals, I wondered if its possible to do the extraction in under a week or so.

It was a good dream.

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

#4382776 - 07/08/05 03:01 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

defat using naphtha , then use a industrial solvent to crystallize

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Re: Mescaline isopropanol extracting [Re: liveby]
    #4382931 - 07/08/05 05:30 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Liveby said:
defat using naphtha , then use a industrial solvent to crystallize

What?

Quote:

Rah said:
I had a dream where I wanted pure crystals, I wondered if its possible to do the extraction in under a week or so.

Rah, it is possible to get it done within a week if you start with some sort of cactus tea (that can be made relatively quick with a PC).
If you start with powdered dry cactus in lye water, a la Nook, it'll most likely take a bit longer as it needs some time to extract the alkaloids from the cactus powder. If i remember correctly, the average time for those is 2 weeks or so.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Mescaline isopropanol extracting [Re: esin]
    #4384734 - 07/08/05 05:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If you would have used ethanol A.K.A grain alcohol, you would have a much safer product.

I guess you can evaporate the iso out of it but with ethanol you wouldn't have to worry about getting it all out.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Mescaline isopropanol extracting [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4385470 - 07/08/05 10:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Im not worried about getting the iso out at all its 99%.

So could the left over green gunk from my dream, be turned into a nicer product to sample.?

BTW i dont know what defat is, unless its a tredmill...... Ill go read the nook alittle befor I go to bed.

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4388429 - 07/09/05 11:19 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It will work, but you wont get crystals.. Most likely when you get the ISO out(very important step) it will be extremely thick, and probably not a large amount.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#4390431 - 07/10/05 06:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If you want crystals, you'll need to basify your iso-extraction with lye, extract mescaline freebase with Xylene, make mescaline salts using hydrochloric acid/water solution, and evaporate to form crystals.

An acetone wash will clean up the final product.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

#4390996 - 07/10/05 10:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

That seems simple, but it's not. I know I don't have the capability to do that type of chemistry.

--------------------

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Mescaline isopropanol extracting [Re: flowstone]
    #4391065 - 07/10/05 10:44 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

but it is that simple..

Iv got my simple iso/incense extraction evaporating atm.. As long as it helps a bit with the stomach problems Ill be happy.

I made the snot last time, I held it down but kinda wished I hadnt let it sit in me so long.. Just a bad body feeling..

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

#4391335 - 07/11/05 01:05 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

So puking is pretty much mandatory on san pedro?

--------------------

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4391371 - 07/11/05 01:32 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I didnt, I wish I had though. I didnt realy move much hte first 2-3 hours.

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #4391612 - 07/11/05 06:18 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

make mescaline salts using hydrochloric acid/water solution,

Pardon my ignorance but where does one obtain hydrochloric acid?, I have seen all the other chems together except for that one.

I would think sodium bisulfate, or calcium hypochlorite from the pool chems I was looking at the other day.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Re: Mescaline isopropanol extracting [Re: schmutzen]
    #4391706 - 07/11/05 07:46 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

HCl is very cheap and OTC in most places. Usually labeled muriatic acid. Serves to clean tiles and the likes and to remove algae from pool walls.

I got a bottle for 50 cents a year ago and by the looks of it it will last me at least a dozen years.

Sodium bisulphate is somewhat acid but not enough for these purposes. And i think the calcium hypochlorite is just regular old pool chlorine - don't think it's acid at all.

Quote:

That seems simple, but it's not. I know I don't have the capability to do that type of chemistry.

Bahh of course you have. This is as basic as it gets.
If you can bake a cake, you can most certainly do this (provided you have some precautions regarding HCl and NaOH).
It's really nothing much besides dissolving the IPA goo in water, dump lye and xylene into it, separate the xylene and add an HCl solution to it.

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Mescaline isopropanol extracting [Re: esin]
    #4393217 - 07/11/05 04:55 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Allright folks iv got around 1.5g's or black/green goo from 120g of dry cacti and that worries me as I dont think I got all the goodies out.. I recycled the cactus back into a bunch more iso. This time im going to blend the mix in my blender tehn strain, the extraction befor this was just simple cut up chips that i mixed with the iso.. No real preparation.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#4393372 - 07/11/05 06:05 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

flowstone said:

Don't underestimate yourself.

It's just this easy.

Seriously this is no big difficult process. All it requires is the right chemicals and a little safety consciousness. I happen to know someone that just got through doing something very similar to what I will describe to you right now.

If you feel unequaled to the task, start out by using a small portion of what you have just to get your hands wet.

Things you'll need:
1.at least 2 glass or HDPE(should show a triangular recycle symbol with a 2 inside of it somewhere on the bottom) plastic jugs or jars. HDPE is preferred because strong lye solutions will etch glass and cause it to break eventually. I know first hand.

2. RedDevil brand lye

3. Muriatic acid (HCL or hydrochloric acid)

4. Acetone

5. Xylene

6. turkey baster

7. a glass or stainless steel funnel

8. cotton balls

all easy to get items (use NO aluminum)

You should not use any type of open flame at any point during this extraction.
Use adequate ventilation at all times.

Preparing your cactus
You'll want to begin with dry powdered cactus if you can. You can dry slices of cactus in the oven with low heat and then use a coffee grinder to powderize it.

Extracting
Prepare a solution of lye water by slowly mixing together 1 TBS of lye for every pint of cold water that you think you'll need to completely cover you dry cactus. This will produce a little heat so don't be alarmed. Just swirl it around slowly as you add the lye a little at a time. This is what I will refer to as base or basic water.

Next add you dry cactus powder. Mix the contents thoroughly to ensure that you expose all of the powder to the basic water.

Now add about a pint or so of xylene to the mix. You want enough of a layer to be able to draw off the xylene with the turkey baster later. Shake it all up and let it sit for an hour. If you can see that the xylene layer is separating back out, fine, if not, add a little more pre-made basic water and check again. Now shake it back up and put it away for 24 hours (every second of it).

24 hours later, you want to draw off the xylene so now you need to use the turkey baster to suck it up and put it in a new jar(a mason jar works fine). You don't want any of the water from beneath the xylene to come with it.

Salting
Now you want to mix your acid water in order to dilute it to the proper strength you want. Be very careful not to breath the vapors that come out of the bottle when you open it. HCL comes very strong and it will burn you.

You want to add approximately 4-8 drops of HCL acid to 1 cup of water.
Slowly add this acid water to the xylene while gently swirling the liquids around in the jar. Add it all. Put the lid on the jar and shake it all up. Wait a few minutes and shake again.

Once it has returned completely to a separated state loosen the lid on the jar and place it in the freezer. You want the bottom layer(the acid water) to now freeze solid. The xylene will not freeze. Once the water is frozen, work quickly and pour the xylene back into the extraction bottle.

With the water still frozen solid, pour in a little warm water and swirl around and discard quickly. This helps get rid of a little more residual xylene. The rest will evaporate later.

Repeat the extraction and salting steps 4 to 6 times to get all of the goodies. You can reuse the xylene over and over again.

Evaporating
Now thaw out the water and put it in you evaporation dish. A large flat bottomed pyrex dish works best. Using heat(heating pad beneath the dish) or not fan dry it to evaporate the water from the dish. This may take some time depending on how much water you used.

Once all of this is dry you will see a crystalline residue left on the dish. Scrape it off with a razor blade. It will be a brownish powder. It can be used as is but the next procedure is simple if you've got this far.

Cleaning
Put a cotton ball in the spout end of your funnel so that it can filter.

Mix some acetone with your extracted alkaloids and pour it into the funnel with a clean dry jar to catch the liquids. You will notice some color draining through with the acetone. Wash like this with fresh acetone until little to no more color is draining through. Put the funnel somewhere to dry.

Once all acetone smell is gone from the funnel and it's contents you need to pour some hot water into it with it positioned over the evaporation dish. The hot water will dissolve the crystals and allow them to flow through the cotton into the dish.

Evaporate as before. The resulting crystals will be considerably whiter and more pure. This is not only for aesthetics, but also it makes for more accurate dosing.

You can put this powder in capsule to facilitate simple dosing with pre-measured amounts in each capsule. Look to www.erowid.com for dosing guidelines.

--------------------

OfflineCandyLand
Stranger
    #4393947 - 07/11/05 09:16 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Muriatic acid I can get at a pool supply place, right?

Whats a easy source of xylene?

Lastly, I thought mescaline dissolved in acetone, so wouldn't it wash right through the cotton?

Sorry if these questions sound dumb, I have no background in chemistry, but this extraction sounds simple enuf to actually try.

Edited by CandyLand (07/11/05 11:27 PM)

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

#4394305 - 07/11/05 11:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, that is amazing. Thank you so much for typing that!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order