Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Dried-Out Hippy (bulk-tek or PF tek for that matte
    #437117 - 10/26/01 01:20 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, so I faithfully followed the instructions, inoculated, growing progressed great for about 6 days, but, by this time, the cakes were painfully dry. I added about 40% more water to a contaminated bag on the 6th day, and now, 8 days later, it is drying as well, but seems like it could still be viable. The rest, burned-cookie-left-out-on-counter dry. I can get over the fact that I lost countless hours (took me a while to fix the whole exploding bag thing...) and dollars (bought out walmarts supply of bags?$1.97 for 5!!) to the endeavor, but, I?m starting afresh tomorrow.

I just moved from the glorious area known as the Puget sound (home of PF, and many of ya?ll) to the desert. 78% HR to 38%. The teks were written in the former? Thus my question, does anyone have ideas for adapting the pf recipe to such low humidity? From the reading I?ve done, the idea would seem to be the most amount of water without causing condensation/?water without a home? (aka, not absorbed by the substrate).

Also, I?m using home ground BRF, as in, not as floury as flour should be.

Perhaps adding perlite to the substrate to hold the water until it is leeched away by the drying vermiculite/BRF? Or should I go with the current plan and just use a bit over 2x the water (my tests have shown no condensation?it?s all absorbed by the substrate)

thanks all, first time caller, long time listener (years upon years upon years, finally got the time to do it myself)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Dried-Out Hippy (bulk-tek or PF tek for that matte [Re: Anonymous]
    #437427 - 10/26/01 06:53 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

You need a humidified incubator.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation