Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAscension
Stranger

Loc: Still trying to work it o...
Few noob questions
    #4353302 - 06/29/05 10:45 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Okai first question, does anyone remember a thread where someone was injecting something into the base of his cakes and he keep them alive and fruiting for like 5 months, and he would keep getting flush after flush each one being just as fruitfull as the last?
Ive been searching for the thread but cant find it, can someone link me to it or tell me what he was injecting into his cakes.

Second question is, at the moment my friend has 3 cakes in a fruiting chamber, there bout to pin any minute now (i hope) He has no more spores left. Should he just wait till he gets his first shroom and take a print, and then inoculate more jars with that? but i heard its bad to keep doing this.
How can i keep making new jars over and over again?
Can i slice a bit of the cake of and do a G2G?
And then can i keep doing G2G for ever?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
Re: Few noob questions [Re: Ascension]
    #4353483 - 06/29/05 11:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Its not bad to continue getting spores... its bad to keep mycelium growing without fruiting it, like g2g forever for example. Eventually the myc's genetics would become very poor. If I were you id cut a little piece off the cake and make an LC to be sure that you can knock up some more jars... there's a thread at the top of the forum right now about it.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4350909/an/0/page/0

there ya go

and i have no clue what tek your talking about, but if you find it... LET ME KNOW!

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

OfflineAscension
Stranger

Re: Few noob questions [Re: pcubmycol]
    #4353790 - 06/30/05 12:43 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Okai, so G2G for ever is poor.
But lets just say, i fruit, make spore print, inoculate with new spores, fruit then take another spore print. Apart from it being the longest method possible is it bad to do this aswell?

In other words im just trying to find out the best way to keep the cycle going?

Im going to keep searching for the thread, but im sure someone here has read it before, its a huge thread but pretty old.

OfflineSe77vN
PIMP

Loc: Southwest
    #4353851 - 06/30/05 01:04 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you could make many MANY MANY jars with just a few jars of LC....think about it.

--------------------
A piece of advice before we part:
Don't knock of Death's door. Instead ring Deaths doorbell and run away, Death really hates that!

OfflineSe77vN
PIMP

Re: Few noob questions [Re: Se77vN]
    #4353859 - 06/30/05 01:06 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Im talking bout' hundreds!

--------------------
Don't knock of Death's door. Instead ring Deaths doorbell and run away, Death really hates that!

OfflineAscension
Stranger

#4353889 - 06/30/05 01:18 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yes i know what your saying, but what i want to know is, if cloning shrooms makes them degrade, how am i suppose to grow shrooms in like 2 years time. Because my shrooms genetics by then must of gone out the window right?

OfflineSe77vN
PIMP

#4353959 - 06/30/05 01:41 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well your going to have to learn to make prints....then use the prints to make LC....you could have it going for A LONG TIME

--------------------

OfflineAscension
Stranger

#4354254 - 06/30/05 03:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Okai, i have 3 cakes that are bout to fruit. Once they fruit ill make prints from the caps.
Ill use these prints to inoculate new jars and ill keep the cycle going like this.
How many times can i do this before it has degraded too much?

And LC is just that korn syrup liquid yeah? and i use this syrup to inoculate many many jars?

Invisiblethemills
Posts do notindicateIntelligence

#4354327 - 06/30/05 03:41 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That tek you were talking about is called the "alien tek". Well at least if you type that in you will find what your looking for.

--------------------
There are 2 possible outcomes: If the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement. If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you've made a discovery.
-Enrico Fermi
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sibling Gatling Gun of Looking at All Sides of the Question

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
    #4354441 - 06/30/05 05:58 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

all you need is one good print to make many, many jars. There will be no degradation unless you store the print improperly. An LC your stretching the the mycelium to it's limit if done over and over. So eventually you will start to lose some quality. But this is after about a million transfers.lol Just my .02 Peace! :mushroom2: :grin:

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Re: Few noob questions [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #4354494 - 06/30/05 06:47 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Gobblin said:
all you need is one good print to make many, many jars. There will be no degradation unless you store the print improperly. An LC your stretching the the mycelium to it's limit if done over and over. So eventually you will start to lose some quality. But this is after about a million transfers.lol Just my .02 Peace! :mushroom2: :grin:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

if you do get into LC, you'll love it. Think, all your jars will colonize faster, you dont have to worry about making as many prints, and LC has a pretty low contam risk.

--------------------

OfflineAscension
Stranger

Re: Few noob questions [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #4354503 - 06/30/05 06:53 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

lol how come no one is understanding my question.

I want to know, what is the best way to keep the cycle going, NOT HOW TO MAKE A SHIT LOAD OF JARS AT ONCE.

Yes i can take a bit of myc or spawn and from that one bit i can inoc multiple jars, even hundreds if i wanted to. but thats not what im talking about.

What im talking about is, i can make up a jar with corn or BRF wateva, and then fruit it, and then get spore prints from the fruits and make new jars, then fruit these new pf jars and then take spore prints from these and inoc new jars and so on and so on for infinite amount of time.
But i heard this is bad, because after a few generations it just doesnt work any more. Is this true? how many generations can i make like this, or will it work forever?

If it doesnt work forever, then what do i do?

also what does LC stand for? i cant search on LC because its to short, or can you just tell me what LC is, thanks. All i understand bout it is that its some liquid medium yes?

Edited by Ascension (06/30/05 07:07 AM)

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #4354534 - 06/30/05 07:18 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

jesus, your fucking question has been answered and more, youre just not understanding.

--------------------

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Re: Few noob questions [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4354560 - 06/30/05 07:35 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

how has your q not been answered.
let me break it down for ya

1.Fruit the cakes....
2.Take a print
3.make an LC
4.inoculate from your LC each time time you want to start a set of new cakes
5.Repeat process when all of your LC runs out

does that answer your Q?

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #4354569 - 06/30/05 07:41 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

hey Pcub, how long will LC stay viable at room temp?

--------------------

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

#4354583 - 06/30/05 07:50 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

eventually it will colonize the solution too thick... i usually put my LCs in the fridge after the solution gets pretty cloudy (usually about 3 weeks after knocking it up). this helps to slow veg growth. If you let the solution colonize too much it will be too thick and clog the needle of the syringe.

--------------------

OfflineAscension
Stranger

#4354584 - 06/30/05 07:50 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

pcubmycol yes, you make it all simple, what i was worried about
Is when you repeat the process, the spores you will be using will be 2nd gen, then when you repeat the process again, you will have 3rd gen spores.

I thought i read somewhere that after a few gens problems start occouring and they become useless.

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

#4354601 - 06/30/05 08:03 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

advancing the generations wont cause any loss of genetics, eventually the genetics will change from, but thats not nessesarily a bad thing.

***The rest of this post is IME, im not sure of the mycological facts about this, but it seems to work this way for me.***
There is a process known as "selective breeding." Take a print from the cap that fruits first and you have a more likely chance of having a better fruiting sub-strain, or a faster colonizer. Take a print from the biggest cap and you have a chance of getting bigger fruits.

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards2
Stranger thanyou

Loc: in my mind
    #4354632 - 06/30/05 08:20 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you could endlessly print from new caps and not worry about any genetic losses, differences in some yes but still the same strain line.
think about it, the ones you are using now have come from a line that someone in the past started a print and passed on to someone else. so on so forth, same strain but possible slight genetic difference.
now live cultures are said to degrade over generations, say like g2g or when doing isolates on agar.
peace

--------------------
If you are not sure what you are doing STOP and go read some on what you are trying to do.

OfflineOnetwothree
This is MajorTom

Re: Few noob questions [Re: backupwards2]
    #4354776 - 06/30/05 09:31 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

From what I understand it's kind of like this:

With SPORES, you are starting a whole new myc. system.  It's like a brand new colony.

When you take a piece of myc and grow more myc from it (ie a G2G), it would make that myc colony a second generation of the first.  This causes the degregation over time.

But when ya have the spores germinating, no, I don't believe it causes degregation, but it may change (like said earlier, faster colonizing, bigger fruits, etc... depending on the cap that you printed {cloned}).

Hope that helps. :smile:

--------------------
Free Spore Ring Canada

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds