Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSlamDog_C
enthusiast
Another Stupid NooB Askin Questions
    #523524 - 01/17/02 03:09 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I have just picked up my first spore syringe and am about to try to grow myself some ecuadorian shrooms. Before I did I thought I'd come in here and ask about a couple "improvements" to the PF tek that I have either read or dreamt up in my twisted little mind
1. If you flip the jars after the first signs of mycelium so that they are sitting on their lids will that allow any excess water to run down into the dry vermiculite that was placed as a contamination barrier and allow for unubstucted growth of the mycelium over the whole cake?
2.If i start a liquid growth medium with part of my syringe while inoculating the jars with the rest of it can I then add some of the mycelium filled liquid onto the jars to stimulate more rapid colonization of the cake? (Say I inject the syringe into the north and south holes in the lid then wait a week and inject the liquid growth medium which is already full of mycelium into the east and west holes in the lid) Or would this be a waste of time?

3.And last but not least I want to know if it is true that adding a tiny amount of honey when mixing the vermiculite water and BRF will give me approximately a 25% increase in shrooms.

I don't know if these questions seem stupid to others but I would like to be sure of them before I start my Tek and screw up my first attempt at shrooms and then figure it was god's will and that I should give up drugs sell all my belongings and hang out at the airport selling flowers to pay for my spiritual leader's cocaine habit.

Please help me I don't wanna become a Hare Krishna

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineChangLee
enthusiast
Re: Another Stupid NooB Askin Questions [Re: SlamDog_C]
    #523540 - 01/17/02 03:36 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

SlamDog,

question 1 is a yes.
questions 2 and 3 will sharply increase your chances of growing contams in that jar along with the mycelium.

Fucking up the very first time will be a horrific first impression of this hobby.

Follow PF to the letter on this maiden attempt. Get a few prints from your first fruits. Make a few syringes from that.

Afterwards, it's a lot more fun fucking up.

--------------------
". . . and I'm searchin' for the latest thing, a break in this routine--I'm talkin' some new kicks; ones like you ain't never seen. . . . "

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
Re: Another Stupid NooB Askin Questions [Re: SlamDog_C]
    #523542 - 01/17/02 03:38 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

If you flip the jars after the first signs of mycelium so that they are sitting on their lids will that allow any excess water to run down into the dry vermiculite that was placed as a contamination barrier and allow for unubstucted growth of the mycelium over the whole cake?

do not flip jars until colonization is much more further along, otherwise you risk sucking in air and contaminating your whole jar because the mycelial network in place was not strong enough to fight off contams

2.If i start a liquid growth medium with part of my syringe while inoculating the jars with the rest of it can I then add some of the mycelium filled liquid onto the jars to stimulate more rapid colonization of the cake? (Say I inject the syringe into the north and south holes in the lid then wait a week and inject the liquid growth medium which is already full of mycelium into the east and west holes in the lid) Or would this be a waste of time?

again...do not do this for you risk contamination of your jars. why go through all the trouble of preparing substarte, sterilization, and innoculation just to go fooling with them. if you would like to try liquid innoculant just set aside a jar, or two , or three and simply inject them with the liquid innoculant. then you can see first hand the differnce in speed.

3.And last but not least I want to know if it is true that adding a tiny amount of honey when mixing the vermiculite water and BRF will give me approximately a 25% increase in shrooms.

i'm not sure. my understanding is that honey acted as a food/nutrient source for the shrooms and mycelial network so this seems plausable, but i can't say i've heard that it increases 25% exactly, it will help, but not with its risks, it can also be a source of contams.
good luck!!!

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation