Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Syringe - jar inoculation done cleanly (without a glove box).
    #4345897 - 06/28/05 02:27 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Assuming you are using Tyvek under the lid & the lid has two (2) holes through it.

Have pieces of heavy duty scotch tape (cut to size) to cover the holes after inoculation & have the edges exposed so you can grab one & cover a hole - when needed.

Swab jar itself, lid & inoculate hole area with Lysol, or 70% alcohol.

Have another sterile gauze pad on hand & lightly saturate the pad with 70% alcohol.

As you unsheathe the syringe needle, wrap it in the alcohol moistened gauze pad & hold the pad in place around the needle with two fingers & thumb.

With one hand, press the gauze pad (holding the needle) over the inoculation hole & with your other hand push the syringe downward, so the needle goes through the lid hole & Tyvek filter material.

Inoculate LC / spore solution into the jar, with the pad still cloaking the base of the syringe & pressed against the jar lid.

As you withdraw the needle, pull it back up into the gauze pad.

Hold the syringe by the pad & needle (pad - still against the lid), use your other hand to pick up a piece of the ready to use tape next to you.

As you raise the pad up from the jar lid, slide the piece of tape in place over the inoculation hole.

Tape will not stick by its adhesive to the lid, as there will be a tiny bit of alcohol residue remaining on the lid hole area.

Just be sure the tape is covering the hole, and after you finish the procedure, use a clean finger to make sure it is sticking to the lid. The alcohol will evaporate in a few moments & the tapes adhesive will take effect.

Repeat with the next jar, so on & so forth.

This method minimizes open air contact with the needle, lid hole & filter underneath.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefinding_self
Stranger
no [Re: agar]
    #4345904 - 06/28/05 02:32 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

no

Edited by finding_self (04/20/06 05:01 PM)

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Syringe - jar inoculation done cleanly (without a glove box). [Re: finding_self]
    #4345914 - 06/28/05 02:37 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think flaming needles is a bit overkill, I just wipe with alcohol, is there really going to be something on the needle that needs to be incinerated? I leave small bits of tissues soaked in alcohol on my self healing injection holes (silicon), then I pass the needle through the tissue.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Syringe - jar inoculation done cleanly (without a glove box). [Re: finding_self]
    #4345921 - 06/28/05 02:40 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

How are you going to do that, since the needle is wrapped in an alc soaked gauze pad - AT ALL TIMES. :rolleyes: :grin:

There is no need to flame the needle, assuming it is clean from the vendor. If you doubt that, flame it, then wrap it (once it cools a tad)before you begin.

I use one of these - in a flowhood.

--------------------

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Syringe - jar inoculation done cleanly (without a glove box). [Re: agar]
    #4345926 - 06/28/05 02:44 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

OK.

I give up.

What tha hell is that agar?

A needle sterilizer I suppose? If so, how does it work?

good write up!

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Syringe - jar inoculation done cleanly (without a glove box). [Re: CLUTCH]
    #4345957 - 06/28/05 03:08 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Bacticinerator: Sterilizes loops and needles by infrared heat. Complete sterilization takes only 5 seconds.

--------------------

Invisiblethemills
Posts do notindicateIntelligence

Re: Syringe - jar inoculation done cleanly (without a glove box). [Re: agar]
    #4345982 - 06/28/05 03:24 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I never inoculate grains in a glove box or flow hood, cause I dont have a flowhood big enough to set all the jars in front of. I pretty much do it the way written above, just not quite as neatly :stoned: and so far, only 1 contaminated jar. Well with LC though... I definately do everything else in a glove box/ flow hood though.

--------------------
There are 2 possible outcomes: If the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement. If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you've made a discovery.
-Enrico Fermi
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sibling Gatling Gun of Looking at All Sides of the Question

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures