Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestan
Loc: Sydney Australia
glove box designs
    #623823 - 05/01/02 06:11 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I was just wondering if anyone knew where to find instructions, measurements ect. because im not much of a handyman and i would probably bugger it up if i tried from scratch

--------------------
There is always a need for intoxication: China has
opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
Andr? Malraux

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsilocybster
Stranger
Re: glove box designs [Re: stan]
    #624140 - 05/01/02 03:01 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

stan,
when my dog skip made his, he took a large/med size rubermaid container turned it on its side. got a six foot length of aluminum dryer vent hose(plastic would work) and a large pair of latex (yellow rubber) kitchen gloves the kind some women use to wash dishes. cut the proper size holes in the lid of the rubbermaid container a comfortable distance apart then cut the dryer hose in half so you have 2 3 ft lengths or however long you need. put each hose in a hole and duck tape it in there real good then stretch the latex gloves over the hose and tape them on real good also.hope that helps. skip didn't like the hassle of the glove box so now he uses the oven tek!! no probs yet, he tells me.... psilocybster

OfflineOrchidman
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
Re: glove box designs [Re: stan]
    #624255 - 05/01/02 05:52 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

When I first started mushrooms in the eighties, I ordered the Homestead kit. The instructions were included for a simple glove box. Take a large cardboard box and tape the lid closed. Cut a hole in the side for a window and tape clear platic wrap over it. Cut a hole in the front the smallest size that will allow two arms to go into the box and work easily but no larger. Tape a flap of clear plastic along the inside of the armholes and tape only at the top. This way as your arms go into the hole the falp will open. As you withdraw your hands the flap will close. Spray the inside of the box with lysol. Put every piece of equipment that you will use into the glove box and spray it before you put it in. Put the lysol can into the box. After everything is in, sterilize your hands and gently insert them into the armholes. Now spray your arms and hands and the inside of the box and everything in it with lysol. Now everything is sterile you can go to work. Do not remove anything until you are done. The only opening into the box is a very tiny space where your arms enter the box. The probability of anything entering the box is so remote, that you may as well say it is sterile. It worked for me then and I 've been thinking of resurecting it again. I have been using the oven tek but I have been so stressed out about innoculating that three times out of three I forgot to turn on the oven. So far I haven't gotten any contamination but I think the mushroom angels are watching over me.

--------------------
I've been having psilly dreams lately

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies