Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
My sex drive has vanished..
    #4331436 - 06/24/05 06:15 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I really don't know when it happened. Probably some time within the past month. My sex drive just seems to have disappeared. Ironically it happened right when I began to party all the time and meet women. I'm only 22 years old and I used to have no problem in this department so it really bothers me. I think one contributing factor was an herbal supplement I was on which I have since stopped using. Other than that supplement, everything else I take is bodybuilding related and I would imagine it should increase my hormone levels. I'm thinking that it is all of the alcohol I have been consuming lately along with the lack of sleep. I really don't know though. I guess it could be this ginseng I take but that is supposed to increase sex drive, not reduce it.

Someone help a brother out, because I'm way too young to stop caring about sex.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemikeytwice
Wanderer

Re: My sex drive has vanished.. [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4331775 - 06/24/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Have you been feeling especially depressed or anxious lately? Any number of things can lead to decreased sex drive, and those are two common causes.

What sort of lifestyle changes, if any, did you undergo around the time when your sex drive started increasing? From what you've stated, I'd say cut down drinking and get more sleep - lack of sleep can cause sex drive. Also, some types of ginseng can be estrogen-promoting.

Regarding bodybuilding, who knows. Though it seems like such activities and supplements should increase sex drive, perhaps the particular combination of supplements and/or their specific action within your body is causing decreased sex drive? I imagine the logical thing to do would be to figure out the differences in your lifestyle before/after the decrease and eliminate things until you figure out what the culprit is.

I'm no expert though - perhaps talk to a doctor, and preferrably one that won't automatically prescribe some pills.

--------------------
\

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: My sex drive has vanished.. [Re: mikeytwice]
    #4338929 - 06/26/05 10:49 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm curious where mine has gone as well. What herbal supplements or other breakfastpills do you take?

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Re: My sex drive has vanished.. [Re: Society]
    #4340877 - 06/26/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It seems to be in recovery somewhat. The only thing that has changed is I quit taking both ginseng and kanna. Kanna is supposed to be a mild SSRI and SSRI's are known to cause problems with your sex drive. Many plants also contain phytoestrogens which can counteract testosterone.

As far as my other supplements go they are just your average vitamins and bodybuilding supplements. I take a multi vitamin, whey protein shakes, CoQ10, ZMA, Cell-tech (creatine). That is pretty much it. I don't mess with any of the herbal test boosters, although because of this recent problem I have been considering some tribulus terrestris. The only reason I am not taking it at the moment is because I used to have a problem with acne and my skin is perfect now. The tribulus could possibly cause some breakouts which would prevent any and all female interaction if you know what I'm getting at. Actually, I think im going to go order some right now. I'll let you know how well it works.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #4342102 - 06/27/05 06:17 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Alcohol is very bad for testosterone levels so that may be part of your problem. Look at my recent thread on DIM. It's a supplement found in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli that helps promote better hormone levels (lower estrogen).

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #4342152 - 06/27/05 07:15 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Don't worry about it. Sometimes my sex drive goes fro weeks at a time, its no big deal. Its very nice to be able to conserve your energy, and even increase it with ginseng without having to waste in on sexual activity. In fact, sometimes i get really blissful from abstaining from sexual activity, its as if the energy builds up in my body to such an increased amount that it flushes all of my meridians with energy continually, which really feels quite blissful and satisfying.

But my sex drive always comes back to me, after a while, and i get those same old urges as before. Really though, its nothing to worry about, i know some very healthy minded, non-sexual folk, who have no problems abstaining whatsoever. Its nothing out of the ordinary for ones sex drive to diminish for a while. it'll come back to you, i guarantee it.

--------------------

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: My sex drive has vanished.. [Re: Sinbad]
    #4348143 - 06/28/05 08:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Powertrip, nothing you said stands out as a cause for your lack of sex drive except possibly the SSRI supplement you were taking. I used to take SSRIs and I could SWEAR that they PERMANENTLY messed up my sex drive. I hope you find a good, natural solution to bring the vigor back in your life because I am searching too.

Quote:

it'll come back to you, i guarantee it.

Heh, not mine.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds