Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleplaastikbob
Stranger

Black Spots on Shroomz
    #430874 - 10/19/01 08:08 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Are blackspots on shroomz unusual? Can this be an indication of contamination? Say the substrate was cased with 50/50 and all was well except that the shroomz has some black spots on them? Say there was no sign of contamination of any kind on the casing itself? NONE...just plain casing soil with a bunch of pins ready for action. Say the shroomz look all nice and are getting pretty big? Say the black spots are petty big on a couple of them toward the base of the stem? Say it looks a little like really deap bruising? Anyway...just wondering. Would this be normal or should the shroomz be tossed if this were to happen? Please only serious responses. And I already know the phrase "When in doubt through them out"...I would be doubtful if this were to actually happen obviously, but I would like to know from a knowlegeable cat if this is perfectly normal. Thanks for you input

--------------------
Any posts by this user is for information only. At no time has this user attempted to grow mushrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: Black Spots on Shroomz [Re: plaastikbob]
    #430885 - 10/19/01 08:15 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

' never seen black spots on shrooms uless it was some kind of rot. I have seen wild 'shrooms that were so water loged from rain that the caps turned black and roted apart. Is your terarium that wet?

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Invisibleplaastikbob
Stranger

Re: Black Spots on Shroomz [Re: Jammer]
    #430894 - 10/19/01 08:22 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

The setup wouldn't be that wet. What if the caps weren't black at all an in fact looked pretty damn good? Say there were only black spots on the stems? Say I harvested some and they didn't smell wierd or anything? Say they seemed fine and firm just like regular? Is it possible for them to bruise on there own from fast growth or something? Say they grew an insane amount from one day to the next? Could this cause bruising? Thanks

--------------------
Any posts by this user is for information only. At no time has this user attempted to grow mushrooms.

Offlinecahnooka

Loc: kootenay mountains
Re: Black Spots on Shroomz [Re: plaastikbob]
    #430918 - 10/19/01 08:35 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

say they sound fine to me. say I've eaten the shrooms growing out of pink mold infested cakes. say I was fine after that. say I was probably lucky I didn't get sick. say to be sure just cut the spots off

--------------------
Marijuana is a herb. Bush is a dope.

Offlineiono
Re: Black Spots on Shroomz [Re: cahnooka]
    #431728 - 10/20/01 07:13 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

haha.. sick

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: Black Spots on Shroomz [Re: cahnooka]
    #431735 - 10/20/01 07:18 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

better safe than sorry! I'm the same way with chicken and fish. I cut out spots that I dont know what they are... before cooking. (hey guys can cook too!)

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix