Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Seat belt laws
    #4299850 - 06/15/05 02:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I was just having a conversation with some co-workers about seat belt laws.  Of course I stated that everyone should have the choice to not wear a seat belt if they don't want to (unless they're under age).  I stated that I think seat belt and helmet laws are actually just excuses to generate revenue. 

My co-worker said that seat belt laws should be enforced because of "the very real possibility" that if a head on collision occurs, the non-belted driver could fly through the wind shield into someone in the other car. 

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Edited by Learyfan (06/01/11 06:06 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSnip
aimin' at your head

Loc: Mountains of the Moon
Re: Seat belt laws [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #4299864 - 06/15/05 02:41 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i dont wear a seat belt

--------------------
cross my heart and hope to die

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: Seat belt laws [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #4299871 - 06/15/05 02:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That "very real possibility" is about as real as martians unclipping your seat belt moments before a crash and killing you.

If people don't want to be safe, they shouldn't have to be. These laws are absolutely moronic in my opinion.

oh, and in my state, it's called "Click it or Ticket." and they have radio commercials with exciting techno music playing telling us how police officers area on the PROWL for people who aren't buckled up.

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: Seat belt laws [Re: Learyfan]
    #4299875 - 06/15/05 02:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Seatbelts save lives. I Don't think it's to generate revenue, I think that's bullshit. That's what speeding tickets and parking tickets are for. My bros gf was in a car accident and not wearing a seatbelt, she went right through the windsheild and the car landed on top of her. She most likely would have survived had she been wearing her seatbelt.

Offlineblackroselove
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Loc: WYO Flag
    #4299881 - 06/15/05 02:47 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I had a friend die after he was hit by a drunk driver. He was wearing his seat belt. The cops told me it could have been worse. So I asked the cop if he meant that they would have had to go find all of his body. I only wear it because you can get a huge ticket here. Does anyone remember the drummer from Def Leppard,Rick Allen. He lost his arm because of his seat belt.

Blackie:flaming:

--------------------
BlackieRL:flaming:
BRL:flaming:

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: Seat belt laws [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4299885 - 06/15/05 02:47 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Agreed.

--------------------

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: Seat belt laws [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4299893 - 06/15/05 02:50 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I feel strange not wearing a seatbelt.

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Re: Seat belt laws [Re: Irradiated_Feces] * 1
    #4299894 - 06/15/05 02:50 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It's not like we don't have seatbelts now. If people don't want to fly through a windshield, they should most likely wear their seatbelt.

Taking people's money because they didn't want to save their OWN life is just ridiculous. No one can tell you what to do with your own safety and life, the law is not above that. If it was even slightly more probable that not wearing your seat-belt could kill someone else, I could see this law making some sense.

Maybe someone can post a statistic about how many deaths are caused from the other driver not wearing their seatbelt, and killing an innocent seat-belter.

--------------------

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Seat belt laws [Re: Irradiated_Feces] * 2
    #4299906 - 06/15/05 02:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Two major reasons to wear your seat belt come to mind:

1. Your safety. Obviously using a seat belt won't guarantee survival but it surely ups your chances quite a bit if you are ever involved in a serious collision.

2. Your freedom. Cops look for any possible minor traffic violation they can find in order to pull you over and bust you for something more serious (like contraband in the car). Not wearing a seat belt is a great opportunity for them to pull you over. I've seen them parked underneath underpasses where I live specifically watching for this when people use the U-turn to loop around. It happens all the time to traffickers and I'm sure even more frequently for those that are just carrying personal stashes.

I do believe a person should have the right to decide on whether or not to wear their seat belt, but I always fasten up before heading out anywhere. I really can't think of a reason not to.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Edited by SuperD (06/15/05 02:55 PM)

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
Re: Seat belt laws [Re: lukeboots]
    #4299912 - 06/15/05 02:54 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Seatbelts laws aren't exactly about generating revenue, they're about saying revenue. The reason we have to wear seat belts is because if we die in an accident, then the government has one less tax payer to sodomize. The same goes for motorcycle helmet laws and why suicide is illegal. The government doesn't care about our lives for the sake of living, we're just a dollar sign.

Same goes for why people want abortion to be illegal, cause the republicans just see dollar signs from that fetus that will someday be paying taxes and getting into debt.

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Re: Seat belt laws [Re: SuperD]
    #4299916 - 06/15/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SuperD said:
2. Your freedom. Cops look for any possible minor traffic violation they can find in order to pull you over and bust you for something more serious (like contraband in the car). Not wearing a seat belt is a great opportunity for them to pull you over. I've seen them parked underneath underpasses where I live specifically watching for this. It happens all the time to traffickers and I'm sure even more frequently for those that are just carrying personal stashes.

that's precisely why this law is so stupid. getting caught for something that should NOT BE ILLEGAL, and then getting ten years in jail for a bag of mushrooms in your car. ahhhhhhh

--------------------

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #4299922 - 06/15/05 02:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with you 100% jonny, but until our laws here in the US are changed, I'm not willing to take my chances.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#4299987 - 06/15/05 03:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Irradiated_Feces said:
I feel strange not wearing a seatbelt.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#4300069 - 06/15/05 03:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Irradiated_Feces said:
Seatbelts save lives. I Don't think it's to generate revenue, I think that's bullshit. That's what speeding tickets and parking tickets are for. My bros gf was in a car accident and not wearing a seatbelt, she went right through the windsheild and the car landed on top of her. She most likely would have survived had she been wearing her seatbelt.

That's ridiculous. First of all, whether seat belts save lives is completely irrelevant. I'm an adult, and I choose not to wear one. That decision affects me and me only.

Second, you really think adults shouldn't be able to make a personal adult decision not to wear a seat belt because it might save the city a couple of dollars? That's just crazy.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4300073 - 06/15/05 03:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

oh, and in my state, it's called "Click it or Ticket." and they have radio commercials with exciting techno music playing telling us how police officers area on the PROWL for people who aren't buckled up.

Do you live in Connecticut? If not, these annoying slogans and commercials must extend to other states.

I wear a seatbelt, but I'd probably wear one anyway, simply because of the sheer power exerted in a car crash and the possibility it'll keep me from doing more damage. I don't think the law should protect people's lives against their will though; this isn't a nanny state, or at least it wasn't when it was founded.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4300078 - 06/15/05 03:41 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

:shrug:

I wear one because I don't feel like getting thrown through a windsheild. A while ago a crazy guy was driving through the streets and crashed into a car with a guy not wearing his seat belt right in front of the high school. My friend (along with a few other kids) saw the guy who got hit get killed. He was pretty fucked up for a little while.

--------------------

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
Re: Seat belt laws [Re: Ravus]
    #4300083 - 06/15/05 03:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i usually wear a seatbelt.... cause i dont feel like getting a ticket, then gettin my car searched :rolleyes:

they have click it or ticket in illinois too

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
    #4300135 - 06/15/05 03:54 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

That's ridiculous. First of all, whether seat belts save lives is completely irrelevant. I'm an adult, and I choose not to wear one. That decision affects me and me only.

The decision to wear a seatbelt affects more than one person, despite your insistence that it is some sort of "right" that you have as an adult. Wearing seatbelts prevents ambulance rides which affect society and people personally.

Anyone who passed high school physics wears their seatbelt. Yes, you can bungee jump without a bungee cord, but no, you shouldn't.

Aquisition of revenue by police is real, but is confusing the subject.

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Seat belt laws [Re: Signo]
    #4300218 - 06/15/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm going to try and bungee jump with a rope

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Seat belt laws [Re: Signo]
    #4300225 - 06/15/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wearing seat belts prevents ambulance rides which affect society and people personally.

What?? You think people should be forced to wear seat belts because of the possibility that they get into an accident and require an ambulance ride?? Why don't we take away everything that could possibly cause someone to have to go to the hospital?

That's insanity.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies