Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Cheap car insurance?
    #2231078 - 01/09/04 02:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

My bill for my next 6 months of liability insurance is $280. That's about $50 more than it was 6 months ago. I called and asked them why and they said it was because my credit according to some credit rating company had slipped from a tier 2 to a tier 3 or some shit so they had to charge me more.

Apparently not using credit (i don't have bad credit, I have no credit because I don't buy things on credit) makes me a more dangerous driver, or at least a more dangerous driver to insure.

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more!

Where should I change insurance companies to?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLe_Canard
Slightly Nutty

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Cheap car insurance? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2231098 - 01/09/04 02:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Huh? I didn't know the could do that. Damn, that's just pure greed! Hrm... :shake:
But for what it's worth, I have horrible credit, and I pay about $42/month ($252 for 6 months)  with Geico. Mind you, that's bare legal minimum for Tennessee, so it may vary from state to state.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Cheap car insurance? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2231125 - 01/09/04 03:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

hey, TN? cool, /waves

FWIW, for me and the wife combined it's $760/yr through Acceptance/USAUTO. Both of us are currently on SR22 tho.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #2231135 - 01/09/04 03:09 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i would be paying 80 bux a month, but instead i pay 45.00 cause i got my trucks title, and insurance in my sisters name, its the shit.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #2231163 - 01/09/04 03:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Apparently not using credit (i don't have bad credit, I have no credit because I don't buy things on credit) makes me a more dangerous driver, or at least a more dangerous driver to insure.

while i wholeheartedly agree with the thrust of your argument you should know that credit is not wholly based on your use of creditors such as CC companies. hell, the very act of paying your insurance bill on a timely basis establishes credit. there's no way for me to know what caused you credit to slip but it could be a myriad of things. did you recently make a large purchase that drained an account of funds? close an account. take your name of a few utility bills? pay some bills late? add your name to a few bills (thereby increasing your liability)? again, i totally agree that your credit rating should have nothing to do with your automobile insurance rates.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cheap car insurance? [Re: debianlinux]
    #2231182 - 01/09/04 03:22 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I started getting student loans.

--------------------

OfflineGranola
bag lady

Loc: 50.0N-6.0E
    #2231396 - 01/09/04 04:38 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hitler looks like you are screwed. I have a student loan on my credit that I never recieved but since I had applied for the loan I still owe it regardless.

never give out you SSN to any companies that are not paying you interest on money. they may decide not to do do business with you but it's actualy better for you in the long run.

each time your credit report is accessed it is 'hit' regardless of the reason, apply for a loan and you get a hit, bank account another, credit card, another. each time one shows up it has little to no detail as to what it was for and anyone that has access to it will see the multiple hits and few lines of credit, it looks like you are a bad risk to the next agency.

the reason for the credit/insurance bullshit is they feel you will be more likely to fraudulenty total you car in order to collect money, if you live in mississippi I could understand that thinking, insurance is a scam anyway. Liability pays nothing, only to another party for their car and injuries. Full coverage pays the loan value of your car, it frequently leaves you to pay the balance.

insurance companies say they pay out too much for Personal Injury so they lobby to have seat belt laws passed to aviod paying out if you werent wearing yours even though you payed the premiums for PIP, they also lobbied for manditory insurance and state maximums for fees that were more than double the premiums paid prior to the legislation.

call geico, I went from $1500/yr to $900/yr with a horible driving record

OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2231884 - 01/09/04 08:11 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Jesus, In canada, where I live, insurance for me is about 3000$/yr give or take a few

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cheap car insurance? [Re: Just_a_Shadow]
    #2232399 - 01/10/04 12:25 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Car insurance?

That sounds more like health insurance.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub