Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline13641
Stranger
Loc: MA
READ!! QUESTIONS FOR LARGE STRONG GROWING
    #428395 - 10/17/01 12:15 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Ok. someone is useing a closet to hold about 5 plus terrariums....The closet if coverd in plastic and a set of metal shelves are put in place. Everything is sterilized. someone want to mass produce these suckers..so someone decided to make jars then mix in blender to make a slurry and add that to a mix of timothy hay and corncob. someone heard you can add some bark or other things that have dmt or triptamine to make for fungus stronger..IS THIS TRUE..if so what stage to do add it..and were can someone get some of these helpful iteams? IF thiers any kind someone can get from a store then great..if someone have to order them then thats fine too.

Also, as for humidity....someone was gonna use a warm air humidifier..but i found out those are bad..why?
someone have a ulta-sonic humidifer now...should someone use tubes to go directly into the terrerium..or can someone just let the humidifier just pump out humidty around them? will both work?

Also, after someone make the mix of corncob,hay,and myecium..etc. can someone cover it with sterile soil...if so..when?

Lastly..on my first try inoculating jars... someone had to use perlite(vermiculite was taken off teh shelves here!) and bird seed...NOTHING GREW OUT OF * someone made..any reasons why?..figured perlite just sucked..someone found vermiculite finally and brown rice..so someone assue it will work now!.

THANKS ALL!!!! someone SHOULD POST SOME PICTURE AT A LATER DATE. any extra helpfull hints would be great
the main reason someone doing this is for school and because some the assholes at this school charge 40$ for them...and really that just pisses someone off

sorry about the someones...but someone is being carefull :P

grindon

--------------------
uggh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCACA
veteran
Re: READ!! QUESTIONS FOR LARGE STRONG GROWING [Re: 13641]
    #428404 - 10/17/01 12:23 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

someone isn't being careful enough because someone spotted someone slipping up and saying "on my" first try.

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

Offline13641
Stranger
Re: READ!! QUESTIONS FOR LARGE STRONG GROWING [Re: CACA]
    #428442 - 10/17/01 01:09 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

bump..opps missed that..anyhelp!

--------------------
uggh

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #428538 - 10/17/01 03:18 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

u can use micron magic filter disks if u dont have verm. but u need verm for rice subtrate. right now i have some jars that dont have a layer of verm on the top, just filter disk and they doin fine, well i had 8, now i got 3, heh

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineDaydreamer
journeyman
Loc: Vermont
    #428563 - 10/17/01 03:40 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, i know what you are talking about... i can 't remember the link, but i'm sure i have the text of it somewhere... the TEK for it is here on shroomery.org, go to find/grow from the main menu, and then "grow p. cubensis", scroll down the list of teks until you find the one about using desmanthus illinoesis root bark to increase the alkaloid content of the mushrooms. a little birdie told me however that this may not be reccommended as the final product may be VERY potent and a little too intense as well as unpredictable, but i havent tried it yet, so who am i to say...

if you want me to PM you the text of the TEK if you can't find it, i just found it on my hard drive. PM me a note.

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: READ!! QUESTIONS FOR LARGE STRONG GROWING [Re: Daydreamer]
    #428592 - 10/17/01 04:09 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

teh optimal amt of tryptamines in a substrate is less that .5%, any more will decrease potential potency, although the right amount will increase potency by threefold, according to staments. The easiest way to get tryptamines besides the desmanthus illinoesis root bark is to spoil some regular milk (i would assume skim would work teh best) once it has curdled and dried out it can be sterilized, ground and added to the substrate, introducing tryptomines. I am not sure about the specific ratios that it does give but i will be working on this in the future. provided that i can get everything else in line. ive read on this a bit and am pretty sure this will work but just do not have measurements on how much to use yet.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Offline13641
Stranger
Re: READ!! QUESTIONS FOR LARGE STRONG GROWING [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #428624 - 10/17/01 04:27 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

The process the person took in teh TEK example on teh page was extracting the tyrimpemins form the bark. I was gonna try to not extract just grind up and add to the mix..do you think this will work!
Also, can i use the chemical tyrptimine?
and can i just pop the spoiled milk in a jar to sterilis it....or else how would i do this..thanks

--------------------
uggh

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #428711 - 10/17/01 05:48 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

put some milk in a cool whip bowl (uncovered) or something. now go set it in your basement or under your doghouse or under your trailer, be advised that it might smell pretty bad. now wait 3 weeks till its all hardened, but dont dehydrate it or heat it, that will just evaporate the moisture and not let the reactions take place to get tryptamine. when its all good and hard just grind it up and mix it in your bowl with your verm/brf o whatever your substrate is. now go about your way sterilizing the jars by PCing or boiling or what not.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Offline13641
Stranger
Re: READ!! QUESTIONS FOR LARGE STRONG GROWING [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #428719 - 10/17/01 05:56 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Im doing this in a closet coverd in plastic....how can i keep the area warmer..im only useing touch lights as lights to attract the mushrooms...its a bit cool in the closet...i need to find a way to warm it up maybe 10 degrees.

--------------------
uggh

Offlinepyromaniac
addict
Loc: Oregon
    #428754 - 10/17/01 06:28 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

get a ceramic lamp from a pet store. They dont cost much and fit intoan ordinary light fixture

--------------------
I admit it, Im a fungal-feliac :wink:
Support the FSR!

Offline13641
Stranger
Re: READ!! QUESTIONS FOR LARGE STRONG GROWING [Re: pyromaniac]
    #428837 - 10/17/01 07:55 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

well...do you think a closet with an air filter...ultrasonic humdifier and tap lights(touch lights) will work(and be sterile!!!!!!!!!!!!)...i dont think the closet is so cool that shrooms wont grow..you think with my method of mixing mycelium cakes with hay,and cob will yeild lots of shroom. Im gonna have 5-6 terrariums.... And when do i add the soil to the shroomed up cob/hay?

--------------------
uggh

Offlineiono
    #428869 - 10/17/01 08:21 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

First of all this someone sounds like he hasnt grown b4.. So tell someone that he should probably learn how to grow first b4 he tries 2 become a huge drug dealer and grow in mass... and someone could get a couple heated blankets for his terreriums if itz under 72 degrees.. But if it iz really that cold im wondering what conditions someone is going to put his colonizing jars in?? Try to go simple and then go onto more complex things.. but if someone thinks he can do it then go fer it..
-=- To experiance true happiness we need to experiance sadness, therefore to experiance true reality... We need to shroom -=-

Offline13641
Stranger
Re: READ!! QUESTIONS FOR LARGE STRONG GROWING [Re: iono]
    #428954 - 10/17/01 10:02 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

YOur too condasending for your own good..dont be a jackass....first off im doing it so people get it for cheap...And this is my third time..but my first for takeing it up a notch. And the other time i did it...it was similar..it just i moved..and I have a friend helping...who has done it alot. So give help or suggestions or just shut up. Not trying to come across as a a sshole..but i dont need people who dont know me saying jerky..uneducated things from behind a screen. And the jars are in a nice warm area. thank you very much.

--------------------
uggh

Offlinedickthebeast
Stranger
    #428982 - 10/17/01 10:29 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

no offense, but iono is right. Before trying to mass produce, you should get the formula down pat. Even if you follow the best directions, everyone's climate is different, and different teks work better than others, and sometimes you'll need to customize teks (cakes with normal ratios get dried out where I'm from (so I've heard) so people add more H2O to the substrate). Get the formula down, find out what works best, then in a few months you can mass produce all you want. We're just trying to help you out so you don't waste a lot of time and $ if your first few batches go bad.

Offline13641
Stranger
Re: READ!! QUESTIONS FOR LARGE STRONG GROWING [Re: dickthebeast]
    #429018 - 10/17/01 11:14 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i agree...thank you very much...i want positive crisium..i jsut got pissed cause to me he came off badly. I will try to work with the conditions..right now im trying some on the heater..thats turned to a medium setting..thanks

--------------------
uggh

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

#429030 - 10/17/01 11:34 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Just a quick suggestion. Regular wheat straw works very well for bulk instead of Timothy hay , but if thats all you can get, make sure to add some hydrated lime to lower the acidity in your straw.:)bluhoney

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: READ!! QUESTIONS FOR LARGE STRONG GROWING [Re: bluhoney]
    #429138 - 10/18/01 02:50 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

blu...you are pretty damn sweet...

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleSlattMoan

Re: READ!! QUESTIONS FOR LARGE STRONG GROWING [Re: bluhoney]
    #429144 - 10/18/01 03:13 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

mass production eh...

can i make a shirt out of your sig bluhoney?!

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: READ!! QUESTIONS FOR LARGE STRONG GROWING [Re: 40oz]
    #429148 - 10/18/01 03:36 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Certainly!! Sound funky, but why the paranoia?? I dont understand all this FOAF shit... I mean, do you guys really think that law enforcement has nothing better to do than spend hours tracing from these forums to your Ip addy and busting your arse for a few mushrooms?? Also, Straw has no tryptamine content :-( But the milk idea sounds great Beppo!! Check your Pms

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract