Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGluckon
From the Crypt

Wierd texture/color with pics.
    #4287114 - 06/12/05 02:22 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

On the second and third flush on one of my three casings I ran across an issue. I didn't see any discolor/texture on the second flush until the mushrooms were mature. On the third flush, however, I kept an eye on it and the discolor/texture was there shortly after pinning when the stems started to bulk up.

They look as if they were almost bruised as they had an off dark color where the texture was bumpy. The other two casing fruits are perfectly white and fluffy.

I've had several casings in the past but have never ran into this before. Are these edible?
I split the casing before I tossed it out and there were no discolors. It looked rather dry, however.

Sorry that their a bit blurry. Unfortunately these are the only pics I have.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekorins
Antisocialite

Re: Wierd texture/color with pics. [Re: Gluckon]
    #4287286 - 06/12/05 03:08 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Those look fine to me. If they were brusing just after pinning, the dryness might explain that. The mushrooms in your pictures don't look bruised though; all I see is a coat of fresh spores!

InvisibleGluckon
From the Crypt

Re: Wierd texture/color with pics. [Re: korins]
    #4290143 - 06/13/05 03:11 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That grayish area on the bottom was there from the beginning of the third flush before the veil ripped. Is it possible they are spores from the previous flush.

Edited by Gluckon (06/13/05 03:20 AM)

Invisiblekorins
Antisocialite

Re: Wierd texture/color with pics. [Re: Gluckon]
    #4290932 - 06/13/05 11:24 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I guess it might be possible. I'm sorry, but it's really hard to tell what that is with certainty in those pics.

Spores (and mold unfortunately) should easily wipe off with a swab; this will at least let you distinguish from bruising.  It might be harder to distinguish between mold and spores because both might have a similar outer appearance (colored 'fluffiness' if there was mycelium on the stem).

Honestly though, in my opinion, those look like quite healthy mushrooms.  I VERY HIGHLY doubt that is mold growing on them. The pattern of dusty-looking coloration on the top of the caps is unmistakingly spore deposition, and the color and diffuse nature on the stems looks very similar in your pic.

To reassure yourself, you might try breaking open the mushroom at the base and seeing how far the discoloration goes in.  Even if you convince yourself you have a mold problem (which I doubt), you'd likely be fine just chopping off that suspicious part at the bottom of the shroom on the left.

If you haven't dried them yet, wash them off first in the sink, rubbing off the spores with your fingers before you begin drying.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order