Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Trav
    #4282998 - 06/11/05 10:03 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You're already a great addition to the pub. :thumbup: :sun: :tongue2:

Tell us about your craziest trip.  I like acid stories more than mushy stories myself. :wink:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTrav
Stranger

Re: Trav [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4283097 - 06/11/05 10:39 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks man, I feel really welcome here.  :cool: :laugh:

Anyway, here goes.  These stories are a bit fresh too since this year was the first year I've ever dosed LSD.  This particular trip happened after trying out the merchandise a few times, so my friend and I decided to push it up a notch.  Only having three left we each ate one, then split the last one and each ate half.  This isn't really reliable since the liquid dropped on the altoid wouldn't be even on both sides.  Within thirty minutes we both realize that this is going to be huge, and I begin to get nervous.

So I'm sitting on my couch trying to get myself together, feeling a combination of excitement and fear.  We sit and rock out to some music a bit while on the couch.  Next thing I know I'm looking at my clock and realize its not moving at all.  When your having thoughts like "you'll get through it, it'll be an adventure, you can handle it" and like that, the clock stopping can be a scary thing.  Especially when you feel as if time itself has stopped.  I try to put on another song at this point to calm me down, and this is where things really start to get strange.

The song I put on sounds unusually slow, so slow that I begin to feel as if time isn't stopped but simply slowed to a crawl.  I feel as if my actual world has slowed, my thoughts, my heart rate, and everything else.  It's a strange feeling, but I am simply astonished by it and no longer afraid.

By this time my apartment is unrecognizable.  The ceiling has small, ghostly faces morphing in and out of each other.  The colors are bright, the ceiling of faces almost looks as if it is on fire.  (I can look up at my ceiling right now and remember what it looked like)  I'm really enjoying myself at this point, but feel the trip is becoming stronger and stronger.  I thought I was on the peak all this time, when I still was riding the train up to the top of this mountain.  I look to my best buddy and trip partner, he is obviously feeling about what I am at this point.  Then, before I know it...SNAP...I feel as if I'm out of my mind.  LSD really twists things up sometimes.

I begin believing that I am experiencing the best of all possible things.  I begin telling my friend that everything is possible, and that we can do it right here.  I tell him that we're all really the same, we're all really just one being.  I guess I was really going off on this.  My friend told me that I was really even talking to him, but talking to the other people I thought were with us.  Sometime around this point I get a call from my girlfriend, a call I really don't remember.  She later told me she asked who I was with, and not only did I list the friend who WAS with me, I told her: "J is here, your here, my mom is here, EVERYBODY is here!".  She knew I was dosing, so let me go and laughed it off.  Things at this point are still getting out of hand, my buddy put on his IPOD to rock out while I was talking nonesense on my couch.  Then something that I will never forget begins to happen. 

I realize that not only can I experience the best of everything, I can experience the worst of everything.  I really begin to get out of hand here.  Snapping back and forth more rapidly then anything I've ever felt, I experience the best and worst almost simultanously.  The best of everything (LOVE, SEX, FRIENDSHIP), then SNAP, I am at the worst (HATE, SADNESS, FEAR).  I begin pacing around my apartment, still talking, still trying to get all that is going on in my head out.  At one point my friend J said I was walking past him, grabbed my back, and yelled "KNIFE IN MY BACK!".  This was a very very scary time.

I call this part of the trip "the loop" because it really really really felt as if I was in some sort of loop.  I begin experiencing the same exact things over and over.  I would come to and be laying in a certain spot in my apartment, with the worst sense of deja vu.  It kept happening and happening, and is it was I began to believe none of it was real.  I was helpless, if everythign was just happening over and over.  There was no use in believing that one certain occurance was real, after all i was just going to wake up and relive it.  The loop would feel as if it was getting faster and faster, then I'd be coming to the end of the loop....ahhhhh freedom I though..the end of the loop.  Then SNAP, I'm at the beginning, the loop itself just part of a larger loop.  I'm in a panic while pacing around my apartment.  I call my girlfriend... bad idea.

She's trying to calm me down but I'm not having it.  This is when one of the weirdest experiences of my life occurs.  She's sort of freaking out herself because she knows I'm freaking out.  Right then, her voice begins to morph slowly.  I really really start to get scared.  Before I know it, I'm fucking talking to my EX girlfriend it seems.  My current girls voice morphed right into what seemed to be my ex's voice.  I freak out and drop the phone.  I hear her from the ground saying my name repeatedly.  Back into the loop...

I feel as if I'm in this loop forever, and that I will never escape.  I finally start coming down and can relax.  I call my girlfriend up and apologize (I never told her about the voice thing).  Everything worked out fine in the end, but it was by far the strangest experience of my life.  I didn't go through it all because honestly I don't remember it all, but that is the jist of it.  Thanks for wanting to hear, I hope its at least somewhat understandable!  :sun:

When I finally came down all the way, I really couldn't decipher what all of this meant but it was certainly a profound experience.

Male

Re: Trav [Re: Trav]
    #4283121 - 06/11/05 10:44 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Nice write-up!

The loop is always a tricky situation. It feels like it should be so easy to get out of, so natural for it to end...but it just keeps going and going and going.

Have you had better experiences since then?

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

#4283154 - 06/11/05 10:52 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I haven't, only because the L ran out. I must say though, the experience as a whole wasn't bad. It was mainly because the intensly bizzare and strange parts happened later then the beautiful parts. It was all beautiful really, just to know the possibilities of our little world here. I just wasn't ready for what it had to show me.

With that trip, I think I was too confident. I underestimated the power of LSD, and I think it was showing me exactly how far beyond myself it is. There is something very special about LSD, something I have never felt with other psychedelics. I can't pinpoint what it is, but it sure is amazing. LSD takes so much of your own mind and puts it right into the trip. The thought processes, the way these things just dawn on you about the world and your situation. It really feels like it gives you some answers, they're just hard to hold on to.

Male

#4283164 - 06/11/05 10:55 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

When I was first telling my girlfriend about why I felt LSD was so different from mush, the way I put it was that L always takes you to a certain place. There's something common to every L trip that is nothing that can be put into words. But that's because it connects you to something greater. I feel that mush does the same thing, but in a different manner, and that's why mush trips can be completely and utterly different. I think mush finds Everything through You. Whereas maybe L finds You through Everything.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

#4283186 - 06/11/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

:thumbup: :thumbup:  That is an amazingly way at looking at it.  With LSD, my thoughts always involve a real situation I'm having or past situations while when I'm on mush I never think of the real world, only what I'm experiencing right then.  It's great hearing your thoughts on this man.  :sun:

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #4283195 - 06/11/05 11:05 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Thats a great trip report, Trav.  I also understand what its like to get cocky and underestimate the power of LSD.  A good soul-wrenching session puts the old ego back where it belongs though! :wink:

And the loop thing is kinda funny sometimes.  I watched this phenomenon manifest itself physically in one of my friends once.  For about an hour he repeated the same actions and words every 30 seconds or so.  He even kept saying, "Man, I can't stop repeating myself!" as it would start over.  It was funny to watch but frustrating for him.  And I couldn't help him out of it.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Male

#4283197 - 06/11/05 11:06 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I could talk about this forever. :smirk:

My two most intense LSD experiences both came in my first trip. I took two sugar cubes, and then while starting to peak ate a third. I was quite far gone.

The first was when I went out on my dorm room balcony.  Across the street, someone had spraypainted "You Are Alive" on wall of a building, above a door that I had never, ever seen open. I stood there just experiencing life, staring at those words, thinking of that door as the door to my mind, and knowing that even though it looked closed it was truly open.  I tried to soak in everything that was happening around me, it was beautiful. To this day when I'm tripping I hear "You Are Alive" in my thoughts.

The second was later on when I put on David Bowie's The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars.  My favorite track, Lady Stardust came on. it's track 6 out of 11, and I realized it was the center. Of Ziggy's life.  Of everything.  And when Bowie sang "And he was all right...the band was all together, yes he was alll right...." I wept more furiously than I've ever cried in my entire life.  I looked up at one point and my friend Larry was just looking at me through a camera with no film in it, smiling beautifully.

God, I just gave myself chills.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

Re: Trav [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4283203 - 06/11/05 11:08 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It's very reassuring to hear that others know the loop. After my experience I did some searching and found a close to identical experience on erowid. It's actually where i got the phrase "the loop is part of the loop" because that's exactly what it felt like.

Male

#4283205 - 06/11/05 11:08 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

This is what I wrote when I was coming down, while listening to Depeche Mode's "Sometimes":

This was like waking up with a sense of having all the knowledge you'd acquired at the end of the last day not go away. That one moment right before you slip into unconsciousness when your mind has to reconcile all the thoughts of its past day of waking life. It's such a conclusion, and I imagine the last point in someone's mind before sleep is the most that all but the insane will come to know of insanity.
But enough of that.
I don't know how to let all the words in my head seep out into this.
It seems like an insult that I'm not capable of absolutely communicating every single thing that I feel, that I have to resort to stupid words like resort to communicate them. Resort? That doesn't even come close to expressing the regret that I have. Not even close! Close doesn't even describe the closeness that resort is trying to say. Resort? That means a thousand different things to me now. Now. Now's great, but a second ago was fantastic, and I can't wait till I can call now Now. Now. Now. But I guess that's always the question in my head, how do you pay attention to every single thing that's passing you by. It's insane, for your mind to have so much to choose from and not be able to sift through every single bit and pore over it and give it the attention it deserves. I feel like a pebble caught in a surging river - the path carved out for me through bubbles and streams is going to be a wild fucking ride. There will be twists, turns, and from the moment I chip off the mountain to the moment I am resting on the shore will be as absolutely fantastic as I can make it, because that is why I am alive, to value every moment that I am. If I am only in the river once, if I can't take the other paths, or if there are no laid out paths, I will make it the greatest ride that I possibly can. Otherwise what would be the point?

Everything continues. What a ludicrously obvious observation! To think we actually have to be reminded of that! Is it then that we have gotten TOO caught up in the moment, too wrapped up in all we're bathed in? Does embracing every moment have any obvious advantage over getting caught up in the rush? They're not even different, they're the same thing, I guess all that matters is your perception of it all. Am I embracing each moment, or am I enjoying the ride...can't I just do both at once? It feels unfair that I should have to bob back and forth from one to the other. Enough Pong! ENOUGH!

And I'm the first to admit
If you catch me in the mood like this
I can be tiring
Even embarrassing
but You must
Feel the same

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God Flag
    #4283209 - 06/11/05 11:10 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

all this talk made me wanna post a pic

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

Male

Re: Trav [Re: joe666]
    #4283210 - 06/11/05 11:11 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Blurry yet lovely.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

#4283216 - 06/11/05 11:14 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You gave me chills too bro, that is amazing.

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

#4283223 - 06/11/05 11:16 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Chills yet again when I read what you wrote while coming down.  Absolutely amazing my friend.  :sun:

Male

#4283224 - 06/11/05 11:16 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The one thing I've not done yet that I plan on doing is taking a low dose of LSD and devoting the entire thing to writing about it...one day, one day.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

#4283230 - 06/11/05 11:20 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That is a good idea. It's one thing I regret about my L experiences this year, I never jotted down any of the thoughts I was having. I really should have, since these thoughts are long gone now.

Male

#4283232 - 06/11/05 11:21 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Nah they're not...just buried real deep. Just listen to the same tunes you were listening to those times, smoke some good weed, and it'll come flooding back.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

#4283237 - 06/11/05 11:25 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You're right, it's all in this brain somewhere.  In fact, I just put on a song I listened to on my first experience with L.  Now I can't stop smiling. :laugh:  I love how you can listen to a song from a certain time period in your life and it practically brings you back to that exact time.

Male

#4283240 - 06/11/05 11:26 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I gave my girlfriend L for her first time and we listened to such good tunes. Then the next day I made a mix CD choosing one song from each CD we listened to, and the mix told the story of our trip. When I listen to it, I'm right back there.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlineharpd
Passing By

#4283245 - 06/11/05 11:28 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Damn guys I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes words are so inadequate at expressing what you really mean. All the myriad emotions and memories and experiences of an acid trip can't possibly be summed up in a page of words or even a whole book. A strong enough trip can give you a lifetime of experience in about 12 hours. I'm still discovering new and different aspects of myself through experiences I had during my first acid trip. Each trip has something different to offer, but there's always the same underlying theme. It always feels like you're coming back to the same place.

Also, what you wrote about Now Now Now is very true. We live in one continuously changing moment, but it's the same moment moving through a timeline. When people ask me what time it is while I'm tripping, I always chuckle and say "Now." I too am trying to embrace the Now for all it's worth. Actors and musicians call it "being in the moment" when you forget about the audience and the people on stage with you and all your rehearsals and all your worries about the future and the past, and you just ARE.

Anyway I really enjoyed reading this thread. 5 Mushrooms to both of you!

Cheers,
DHarp

"The Loop" is real. Even for people who have never taken acid. People get so caught up in their routine, doing the same things over and over again until it becomes habit. Acid can show you how easy it is to get caught in a loop, so when you come back down, you can break the cycle. You can change your routine, hopefully for the better.

--------------------
When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder