Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
One step rye cooking?!
    #4280741 - 06/10/05 06:41 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hey hey. I was looking at www.mushmush.nl, and in their methods section they have a one step rye cooking process. Not literally one step, but no need to soak the grain or boil it ahead of time. According to their directions you just add a certain amount of water to jars, add a certain amount of rye and cook. It works. The rye comes out absolutely perfect every time (i've tried it), it takes the guess work otu of cooking. You can weigh the rye out a digital scale for ultimate accuracy.

My friend really likes this method that I told him about, because when you decide to cook you can do just that instead of messing around with soaking and boiling, but when he tried this technique it seemed to work half the time and not the other half. He thinks his contamination problems might be due to using only tyvek with lid bands and no metal covers. He's trying the method with polyfill and a revised tyvek technique (how magash sets his jars up), and hes going to let me know how it turns out. My question is, has anyone else heard about it not being necessary to soak rye grain ahead of time? It seems counter intuitive but my friend has had a bunch of jars work out like this...

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedrugsaregood
PhD B+
 User Gallery

Re: One step rye cooking?! [Re: lemunhed]
    #4280753 - 06/10/05 06:45 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I did the same "one-step" just recently. Out of 30 pints, I had one that contaminated right away. I messed up another one by blunting the syringe on the metal lid and then pushing the polyfill through the tyvek and into the jar. That hasn't contaminated yet, but I'm not gonna keep my hopes up.

--------------------
For "incoherent dribble" (drivel) try www.dictionary.com

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find there's no need

Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

Re: One step rye cooking?! [Re: drugsaregood]
    #4281473 - 06/10/05 10:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

its a common practice..
read, http://fungifun.org/grain/
i personally havent had the best luck with this tek but have good hope for it, i enjoy just simmering the grain w/o soaking, seems to work for me
good luck

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: One step rye cooking?! [Re: mattymonkey]
    #4284177 - 06/11/05 07:47 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

My friends newest batch is doing well so far using this style tek, I'll hope for the best.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation