Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoll's all day
I'll show youmine if you showme yours......
PREASURE COOKING, CAN YOU OVER DO IT????
    #1334958 - 02/25/03 01:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Ok my friends dog was woundering if you can over preasure cook rye berry's either by cooking to long or by cooking at a preasure that is to high, or both? They read that you can over preasure cook agar and cause the sugars to do something that causes the mycelium to be verry fluffy when it groes. Is this only true for agar or is it true for other substrates as well? If so what is the best preasure and time for rye? Im pretty sure the preasure should be 15 psi. My friends dog has been doing it for 1 and 1/2 hours at 20psi just to be sure is this overkill??? :confused: 

--------------------
Slowly but surely, I realize every day.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: PREASURE COOKING, CAN YOU OVER DO IT???? [Re: Roll's all day]
    #1334975 - 02/25/03 01:16 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

why cook longer then the tek says, it wont do any good, yes over pressure cooking could fuck up moisture content, cause the grain to go to a mushy nasty un-colonizable blob of slime, could make it go pop, wich you dont want, dont over do anything, its like saying yur clothes will get cleaner if you use a gallon of detergent, thats not the case.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineRoll's all day
    #1334995 - 02/25/03 01:23 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thanx for the reply! My friends dog has some to pc tomorro how long should isay to pc them for?

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1335042 - 02/25/03 01:37 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

What?s the best way to prepare grain for mushroom cultivation?
The 3 most important aspects of grain preparation are to achieve an uniform, correct water content, to kill all contaminants and to get a shakeable substrate.

There are 2 main approaches to grain preparation:

Method 1.) Rinse the grain several times under flowing water and simmer it until the grains are soaked and begin to explode. With rye the simmer time is around 45 minutes, with millet or millet based birdseed around 30 minutes(but it strongly depends on the individual brand)
Then strain the cooked grain for 20 minutes, fill in jars, screw on a lid fitted with a filter and pressure cook for 1 hour.

Method 2.) Fill the jars directly with the proper amounts of grain and water and pressure cook for 1 hour. If one experiences bacterial contamination problems the grain can be left to soak up to 24 hours before pressure cooking to allow bacterial endospores to germinate.

Basic rye recipe for 1 pint jar:

- 100g(3.5 oz ~ 125 ml) rye
- 110g(3.9 oz =110 ml) water
- knife tip full of gypsum

Basic millet or birdseed recipe for 1 pint jar:

- 100g(3.5 oz ~ 140 ml) birdseed
- 80g(2.8 oz = 80 ml) water
- knife tip full of gypsum

If you are going to prepare rye for producing spawn, you might use a tad less water( I use 105g in that case)

Fill into the jar, screw the lid fitted with a polyfill filter or a filter disc on the jar and pressure cook for 1 hour.
Immediately after the pressure has settled, using protective oven mitts or a towel, take the still burning hot jars from the cooker and shake them well to mix the more wet and drier kernels.

The water retaining capacity can vary depending on the grain quality, the type and size of the pressure cooker and on sterilization time.
The goal is to achieve the highest possible water content without alowing to many grain kernels to explode and without producing a soggy substrate.
It's best to make a batch of test jars when one acquires a new grain for instance 100g rye and 100, 105, 110, 115 and 120g water.
Then you'll see which water content provides the best result for you.

Which one of the 2 methods is better? It's mainly a mattter of personal preference, try both and see what works for you.

Links to teks:
Tabletop Mushroom Cultivation
DethHead's Birdseed Tek
Grain for Simple Minds

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineRoll's all day
    #1335068 - 02/25/03 01:49 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

WOW!!!!!!!!! I think I struck gold! Thank you for your time and effort I think that I dounloaded the same info from Sporeworks a long time ago , But got confused from seeing so many poeple do it for 45 min's or 1 hour and 15 min's I guess my friends dog got off track just trying to aviod contams. Thank you agian for the awsome info :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: 

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1335449 - 02/25/03 03:22 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

anytime, but you woulda found that info if you checked out the faq

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck