Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
i was reading this website about scientology
    #4260247 - 06/05/05 02:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

and here is a passage from the descritioin they give:

The Church of Scientology is a vicious and dangerous cult that masquerades as a religion. Its purpose is to make money. It practices a variety of mind-control techniques on people lured into its midst to gain control over their money and their lives. Its aim is to take from them every penny that they have and can ever borrow and to also enslave them to further its wicked ends.

in all fairness, isnt this all relgions?? christianity and islam being some of the most successful

Edited by KingOftheThing (06/05/05 03:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEvilEwok
Stranger
Re: i was reading this website about sceintology [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4260262 - 06/05/05 03:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Scientology is bad news. Any religion that condones hurting other people is fucked up.

--------------------
Now go Home.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: i was reading this website about sceintology [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4260283 - 06/05/05 03:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yes, Donny Osmond has been swindled of his cash from the church and is a wicked man. Did the church give him fashion tips on his purple socks too? :cool:

Evilwok, if some guy raped and murdered your mom and wife, should he be sentenced with the death penalty or just sent to life in prison to be ass raped until he dies or set free?

I was just wondering if your personal religion condoned hurting other people or not.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Re: i was reading this website about sceintology [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4260294 - 06/05/05 03:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

scientology is just a funny relgion because it was created by a sci fi wirter....especially when the dude (hubbard) was going around saying how crating a religion is the best way to make money, blah blah blah...i mean it is such a hoax and people really buy it

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: i was reading this website about sceintology [Re: EvilEwok]
    #4260299 - 06/05/05 03:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

did you mean sceintology or sceintology?

----------------
Main Entry: Scientology

Part of Speech: noun

Definition: a controversial belief system developed by L. Ron Hubbard, based on a person being an immortal spiritual being whose survival depends on him/herself and his/her attainment of brotherhood with others and the universe

Etymology: literally `knowing how to know'

Usage: trademark

----------------

and

----------------
Scientology

n : a new religion founded by L. Ron Hubbard in 1955 and characterized by a belief in the power of a person's spirit to clear itself of past painful experiences through self-knowledge and spiritual fulfillment [syn: Scientology, Church of Scientology]
----------------

Or, same side of different coin? :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: i was reading this website about sceintology [Re: Gomp]
    #4260322 - 06/05/05 03:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

:lol: Thanks gomp, I got my religions frequently bashed here confused. Donny is with the popular Mormon clan.

My questions still stand for evilewok though.

Hey guys, what about those restaurants and clothing stores out to just make money? Should we torch them too.

I swear applebees is using subliminal mind control techniques on me in their commercials to go buy their fajitas.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

#4260333 - 06/05/05 03:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

almost all organized religion is just a scham

InvisibleEvilEwok
Stranger
    #4260348 - 06/05/05 03:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I really have no personal religion. Basically I just try to treat others the way I'd like to be treated. (key word "try") :evil:

Anyway I don't really like how any of the major religions operate but I think scientology is one of the bad ones of the bunch.

Ever hear of "fair game"?

ENEMY      SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.

http://www.clambake.org/fairgame-e.html

--------------------
Now go Home.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: i was reading this website about sceintology [Re: EvilEwok]
    #4260417 - 06/05/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Sometimes I wonder if we have some "wrong" idea about what a religion is suppose to be and we associate them with ideals of the "perfect way" for one and all.

Here is the dictionary definition of the word.

re?li?gion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-ljn)
n.

Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

Whoever said that the ruling force of religions is benevolent?

Whoever said that being conscientious wasn't about looking out for yourself first?

Anything can apply to that definition and I think we the people have redefined it to suit our personal religions.

Is the problem in a religion or in the ruling force they worship or just in "people" and we make problems out of what is?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (06/05/05 03:51 PM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4260528 - 06/05/05 04:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

--------
religion religio'n m1 (fra latin) gudsdyrkelse, guds- eller gudetro; hellig overbevisning den j?diske, den kristne r- / undervise i r-
--------

Norwegian definition: to cultivate a God, belief in God, holy convictions....

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
Re: i was reading this website about sceintology [Re: Gomp]
    #4260566 - 06/05/05 04:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

organised religion is all about CONTROL of the individual
actual spiritual belief is about INDIVIDUAL control of your beliefs
Choose one, you'll be in "heaven"
choose the other, you'll be in "hell"
or better yet choose both, and experience both "heaven" and "hell" altogether at once...

OfflineDoom
Rogue

Loc: ghost-train city
Re: i was reading this website about scientology [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4260709 - 06/05/05 05:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
and here is a passage from the descritioin they give:

The Church of Scientology is a vicious and dangerous cult that masquerades as a religion. Its purpose is to make money. It practices a variety of mind-control techniques on people lured into its midst to gain control over their money and their lives. Its aim is to take from them every penny that they have and can ever borrow and to also enslave them to further its wicked ends.

in all fairness, isnt this all relgions?? christianity and islam being some of the most successful

no, thats incorrect.

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: i was reading this website about scientology [Re: Doom]
    #4260738 - 06/05/05 05:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

have any of you been to a church of scientology?

assuming you all said "no", on what grounds do make such bold statements about ones' beliefs?

shame...shame... :whip:

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

OfflineDoom
Rogue

Loc: ghost-train city
Re: i was reading this website about scientology [Re: uriahchase]
    #4260749 - 06/05/05 05:41 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

actually, A friend of mine once kicked in the front windows of a scientology church.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Re: i was reading this website about scientology [Re: uriahchase]
    #4260751 - 06/05/05 05:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

because it was created by a fucking sci-fi writer...a delusional crazy sci fi wirter at that...some beliefs should be crticizied

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4260934 - 06/05/05 06:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Where does end? What if someone believes people who criticize should be criticized for being critical? See what I mean? How does one separate themselves from their own judgments? It would be critical of one to criticizes another for being critical.

George Lucas is a Sci Fi writer and all sorts of people got together in Australia, called themselves Jedi's, adopted the principles and have been made a legally recognized religion of the Jedi order in that country.

Good luck stopping the world of nearing 8 billion people from forming groups "religions" based on like beliefs.

Look at what the shroomery is. Do you realize how many millions out there who think magic mushroom users should be criticized for their beliefs about them? Do you know how many people think users and supporters of illegal drugs are causing harm to the bodies and lives of others they pull in to using them or who are indirectly harmed through trade trafficking?

And the shroomers want acceptance, understanding, support, and tolerance for their shroomin beliefs and many of them mare the worst at practicing it all for others.

Lousy way to start a pro active movement, wanting from others what you aren't willing to give back in return. Sounds like the beginning of a dictatorship to me.

This site is launching a movement to gain support, understanding, acceptance and legalization and to further membership and awareness of their cause and people will come here to check it out and find shroomers being a bunch of judgmental hypocrites who don't practice what they are asking for.

It's funny, down right hysterical.

Go ahead and separate yourself from your judgments if you think you can.

I use to shred on Catholicism for preaching fear and damnation and then I realized, all I was doing was preaching a fear of that religion and damning it myself. In doing so, I became what I spoke against.

You can't separate yourself from your judgments. Something to think about when judging.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: i was reading this website about scientology [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4260946 - 06/05/05 06:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

btw, love your avatar King. Carlton cracks me up! So does Will Smith nana na na na gettinjiggywithit :dancing:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Re: i was reading this website about scientology [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4260979 - 06/05/05 06:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

good point but just because those people unitre doesnt give them the right to tell people its real and try to impose their beliefs on others.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #4261205 - 06/05/05 07:47 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I am not a Scientologist. (I have to put that first because 10 posts from now, I will be called or referred to as one). My mother isnt affiliated any longer with Scientology, but she is what is known as an OT7 in the church. I lived in Clearwater, FL and spent a lot of time over the span of 3 years at the Fort Harrison which is pretty much the HQ of Scientology. I have been to about 10 other churches as well, spanning the USA. I have done many courses and such within the church.
Is the church/religion perfect? no.... is it a greed and crooked organization? no more than any other religion...... Do I agree with everything it does or says? no..... are there people within the church who are sincerly good natured, helpful, intelligent and just all around great? yes..... are there greedy bastards, zealots, and fundamentalists in the church? yes..... is this any reason to discredit an entire belief system? ill let you decide.

For a group of people so vehemently opposed to ad hominems, many of you sure have stepped in direction you despise. Ill bet if most of you read up and studied the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard, you would find that many of your own beliefs are echoed by him. There is such an amazingly intense network of propaganda against Scientology that the majority of people never once attempt to balance out the bias and actually go to the official Scientology website..... www.Scientology.org (i think)

They have a beautiful community, and if you were to ever enter into the Fort Harrison, you would see probably the closest thing to a truly happy and honest functioning community. The coffe bar downstairs has no cashier, people are on the honor system and leave the correct amount of money for the goods. Someone comes by about every hour and puts it in the cash register. There is a piano in the lobby which I used to play a lot and people enjoyed, as long as you could play well, you were welcome to tickle the ivory. You would see that there was no race or ethnic majority, I met a person from a different country everyday while I was there. They heavily promoted health, so saunas and gyms were usually full, and almost every single person took blue-green algae and a huge assortment of vitamins and minerals; I hardly ever saw a fat person while I was there. Community service projects were constantly spearheaded by various people within and outside of the staff.

Some people are happier and consider their lives better because of scientology. Some people felt screwed over and consider their lives ruined by scientology. Just because a segment of people could not find what they were looking for in Scientology, is no reason to discredit it and claim that it isnt a religion.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: i was reading this website about scientology [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4261253 - 06/05/05 08:00 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

good post. :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order