Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4237416 -

God does speak through Bush, after all didn't the burning bush say "i am that i am" ? God?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4237417 -

So you believe NIN is promoting their album by not playing at the award show which will be seen by millions.  :confused:







--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: barfightlard]
    #4237419 -

:dumblol:
Someone just got served.


--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #4237427 -

War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: gdman]
    #4237431 -

How Orwellian.


--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Learyfan]
    #4237459 -

Quote:
"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East."

?George W. Bush






Had you any intellectual honesty you might have cited a source. As it so happens this qoute was a third-hand account translated from English to Arabic by a notetaker, relayed to Abu Mazeb and then from him back to English again by a translator and published in a Hebrew Newspaper. Pretty shoddy source if you ask me.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A37944-2003Jun26?language=printer


ABC News:

Bush says he doesn't believe the United States is in a religious battle when it comes to the war on terror. He says he wants to make it clear that America is fighting against groups of people who want to kill innocent people and not groups looking to practice their religion.


"I don't think this is a religious war. I think this is a war between evil people that are willing to kill on a mass scale; people that would like to end up with weapons of mass destruction, even kill more than they did in New York City and Washington, D.C."


http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=193746&page=1

I don't think that every artist is using bush bashing to make money. Lots of them already have money. What they are doing is compensating for lack or loss of talent with a self-absorbed message.


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Edited by Divided_Sky (05/30/05 05:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4237465 -

I have to disagree with you on With Teeth then.

but politically i'll agree the bush-hitler thing is silly, while personally i find it a bit offensive and thickskulled.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: vampirism]
    #4237475 -

Morrowind said:
I have to disagree with you on With Teeth then.

but politically i'll agree the bush-hitler thing is silly, while personally i find it a bit offensive and thickskulled.



Well I'm glad you like the album. I just don't find it that interesting or enjoyable (for the most part).


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Learyfan]
    #4237511 -

Learyfan said:
So you believe NIN is promoting their album by not playing at the award show which will be seen by millions.  :confused:




If it involves NOT playing 'The Hand That Feeds', then yes, that is probobly the best thing they could do to promote the album.


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4237582 -

I think you may be confused as to what GW's religion is.

W and the people that he represents; his "constituency", believe their religion makes them superior, and more loved by God than those savages living over there in Muhammedland.

Their deaths do not matter.

When they see dead arabs on TV, in their minds God is jacking off to these images.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4237701 -

Baby_Hitler said:
I think you may be confused as to what GW's religion is.

W and the people that he represents; his "constituency", believe their religion makes them superior, and more loved by God than those savages living over there in Muhammedland.

Their deaths do not matter.

When they see dead arabs on TV, in their minds God is jacking off to these images.



or maybe we could insert the following
Quote:
I think you may be confused as to what Ossama's religion is.

Ossama and the people that he represents; his "constituency", believe their religion makes them superior, and more loved by God than those savages living over there in America.

Their deaths do not matter.

When they see dead Americans on TV, in their minds God is jacking off to these images.



Personally I think anyone who believes their religion makes them superior is a friggin nut job and dangerous to society as a whole.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4237744 -

Baby_Hitler said:
W and the people that he represents; his "constituency",  believe their religion makes them superior, and more loved by God than those savages living over there in Muhammedland.
Their deaths do not matter.
When they see dead arabs on TV, in their minds God is jacking off to these images.



I'd have to agree.  :wink:


--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: TheDudeAbides]
    #4237784 -

The_Dude_420 said:
"Apparently, the image of our president is as offensive to MTV as it is to me," Reznor said.

LOL, fucking awsome.



I loved that comment as well.

I don't think the backdrop had anything to do with hitler at all, what was posted on the nin site said "we were set to perform 'the hand that feeds' with an unmolested straightforward image of george w bush as the backdrop" That would seem to me as simply a photo of bush.

I think the new album is different, taking it back to the pretty hate machine era with 'only'... I like it though, with the exception of the title track 'with teeth' I laugh everytime he sings 'ah witha teetha'

I'm also sad to hear that QOTSA will be touring with NIN this fall, I was SOOOO hopeing for Saul Williams!

Did you guys see the pictures of him in court the other week... he looks so funny.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4238114 -

maybe creative people just arent republican....i mean with the stifilling christian cnesorship the rtight is trying to impose?? the fascist drug polcies that are supported much more by the right. and believe me there is plenty of music about bible thumping, money obesessed christo-fascist americans, check out CMT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: REZN8]
    #4238119 -

p.s. the new Syetem of a Down song is strongly anti bush ....and the album is actually really good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4238132 -

Yeah I really love the new SYOD album as well...


--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4238137 -

I'll have to give the new SOAD album another listen to. I wasn't very excited about the first listen through and hadnt touched it since. I really don't like the new single though.

edit: I just noticed your avatar! That is fucking awesome! If it weren't for Carlton I might never have developed such a soft spot for Tom Jones... It's Not Unusual! :laugh:


--------------------

Edited by REZN8 (05/30/05 09:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Learyfan]
    #4239842 -

Learyfan said:
Quote:
actually, he will probably get more news attention and fame from this alone.



I hope you're right, but I somehow doubt it. MTV won't be talking about it and no one else will be talking about it either, other than on the internet.








http://www.theninhotline.net/news/index.php is reporting that this story has blown up, it's even being reported on TV.

I sure would like to see that backdrop....


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #4240085 -

PhatWhitey420 said:
Redstorm said:
Learyfan said:
Actually, I don't think the images of Bush were offensive in and of themselves.  I think they were showing pictures of Bush and then of Hitler.  The connection was what people thought were offensive. 

Sabbath really pussed out on that one, though.







Comparing Bush with Hitler is absurd. No right-minded adult who knows anything about history would make that comparison.



Yeah seriously, Bush isn't coordinated enough to make the hand gestures.



:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: REZN8]
    #4240138 -

I don't think Bush listens to God, I think he uses God as a scapegoat to get support from the people.  He wants the Christians to believe he's doing the Christian thing.  I mean, he just vetoed an important stem cell research bill that could saves thousands of lives, end suffering for possibly millions of Americans.  He's quoted objecting stem cell research for reasons of it being morally questionable and socially controversial, yet wasn't this war of his morally questionable and socially controversial, I think doubly so? Edit: He is listening to the powers that be, big business, the antiabortionists who are primarily comprised of Christians who barely understand the concept of stem cell research, let alone they know its bad and must be stopped!! :confused: Putting it into perspective, we're talking about 6000+ grown, capable and educated adults, Americans, dead, and thousands more innocent Iraqis, especially leaders and other assets, dead, because of a war justified by lies, a war that has had no results except a huge bill and the increasing spawn of more hatred of our country and our people.  Yet, using stem cells to promote life and humanity is somehow worse than throwing them away?  Bush angers me because his publicly stated reasons for doing things are complete bullshit.  Maybe if he started being honest, even if I still disagreed with his decisions, I might respect him.  But he is nothing but lying schmuck.


--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Edited by kake (05/31/05 11:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* babes against bush Infrared 1,256 5 12/05/03 12:23 AM
by mntlfngrs
* Hiding Your Light Under A Bush(ell)?
( 1 2 all )
SummerBreeze 2,927 28 11/27/03 10:31 AM
by SummerBreeze
* do you watch MTV?
( 1 2 all )
40oz 2,853 26 11/24/03 04:02 PM
by joeshitragpicker
* MTV just hit an all time low...
( 1 2 all )
PaulAtreides 1,897 20 06/16/05 11:59 AM
by Annapurna1
* MTVs latest question_for_joo 684 6 07/08/04 08:14 PM
by Anonymous
* Yeah, I watch MTV.
( 1 2 3 all )
looner2 2,898 41 06/28/05 10:27 PM
by soochi
* [Poll]Do you bite your nails? Requiem 1,670 16 06/18/04 08:33 AM
by JaRRn
* My Super Sweet Sixteen on MTV
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 2,178 26 02/23/05 11:50 PM
by 40oz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
8,006 topic views. 6 members, 6 guests and 84 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.