Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Redstorm]
    #4236954 -

Redstorm said:
Learyfan said:
Actually, I don't think the images of Bush were offensive in and of themselves. I think they were showing pictures of Bush and then of Hitler. The connection was what people thought were offensive.

Sabbath really pussed out on that one, though.







Comparing Bush with Hitler is absurd. No right-minded adult who knows anything about history would make that comparison.



People campare Bush to Hitler, because they believe Bush would do what Hitler did if he could.




--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Learyfan]
    #4236959 -

Burn the jews? nah the jews are his stronghold over the middle east.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Adamist]
    #4236960 -

:yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: exclusive58]
    #4237282 -

I like Trent Reznor, but he must be pretty fucking ignorant if he believes the war on terrorism has something to do with christianity and religion. I guess that fantasy might fit well with his personal biases (as it does for many facutally impaired people)


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4237302 -

It has alot to do with religion. Radical muslims think christian extermists are out to destroy them and destroy their beliefs, so they attack your country. Your country retaliates with a war on terror...it has alot to do with religion.


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Edited by bellylard (05/30/05 04:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: barfightlard]
    #4237355 -

Yes, but America's motivation is not religious. It is not a crusade for Jesus to kill the infidels, which is what Reznor is saying it is.


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Adamist]
    #4237359 -

pain and suffering, for one. Hitler wasn't around eons ago.

By comparing Bush to Hitler, you're doing something very hurtful to people who still remember what Hitler actually did.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4237365 -

Bush publicly said god told him to invade iraq. He's making it just as much of a holy war as they are.


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: vampirism]
    #4237367 -

I've noticed that the weaker an artists music gets the more they have to rely on trendy politics to try to sell records. Even Limp Bizgit is doing it. That should tell you something.


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: barfightlard]
    #4237370 -

bellylard said:
Bush publicly said god told him to invade iraq.  He's making it just as much of a holy war as they are.



Exactly.  :thumbup:






--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: barfightlard]
    #4237373 -

bellylard said:
Bush publicly said god told him to invade iraq. He's making it just as much of a holy war as they are.



You don't know what you are talking about.


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4237375 -

no?


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4237376 -

Divided_Sky said:
I've noticed that the weaker an artists music gets the more they have to rely on trendy politics to try to sell records. Even Limp Bizgit is doing it. That should tell you something.



Trendy politics? Ask the Dixie Chicks if you can capitalize from being anti-war.






--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4237378 -

double post..


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Edited by bellylard (05/30/05 04:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4237390 -

Divided_Sky said:
bellylard said:
Bush publicly said god told him to invade iraq. He's making it just as much of a holy war as they are.



You don't know what you are talking about.



Quote:
"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East."


?George W. Bush










--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Learyfan]
    #4237392 -

Learyfan said:
Divided_Sky said:
I've noticed that the weaker an artists music gets the more they have to rely on trendy politics to try to sell records. Even Limp Bizgit is doing it. That should tell you something.



Trendy politics? Ask the Dixie Chicks if you can capitalize from being anti-war.








Dixie Chics, Eminem, Black Eyed Peas, Madonna, Green Day, Dave Matthews, Bruce Springsteen, Yellow Card, NOFX, Incubus, Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails, Ridley Scott, George Lucas, etc.etc. None of their music has been any good lately and all of them have been consumed with foolish politics.


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Learyfan]
    #4237393 -

thanks Leary


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4237395 -

? So you're saying With Teeth sucked??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: vampirism]
    #4237398 -

It wasn't good.


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nine Inch Nails drops out of MTV awards over Bush image [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4237413 -

You have no context for that besides your twisted imagination. Bush has also stately publicly that god did NOT tell him to attack Iraq, did NOT tell him to do any foreign policy thing whatsoever. But of course he must be lying when he says something a reasonable person might. You are drawing on faulty and exagerated stereotypes and twisting facts to create a straw man. You are misguided by your prejudace and stereotypes.


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Edited by Divided_Sky (05/30/05 05:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* babes against bush Infrared 1,256 5 12/05/03 12:23 AM
by mntlfngrs
* Hiding Your Light Under A Bush(ell)?
( 1 2 all )
SummerBreeze 2,927 28 11/27/03 10:31 AM
by SummerBreeze
* do you watch MTV?
( 1 2 all )
40oz 2,853 26 11/24/03 04:02 PM
by joeshitragpicker
* MTV just hit an all time low...
( 1 2 all )
PaulAtreides 1,897 20 06/16/05 11:59 AM
by Annapurna1
* MTVs latest question_for_joo 684 6 07/08/04 08:14 PM
by Anonymous
* Yeah, I watch MTV.
( 1 2 3 all )
looner2 2,898 41 06/28/05 10:27 PM
by soochi
* [Poll]Do you bite your nails? Requiem 1,670 16 06/18/04 08:33 AM
by JaRRn
* My Super Sweet Sixteen on MTV
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 2,178 26 02/23/05 11:50 PM
by 40oz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
8,006 topic views. 5 members, 46 guests and 211 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.