Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
Re: Hiding Your Light Under A Bush(ell)? [Re: Brugman]
    #2130690 - 11/23/03 05:48 PM (18 years, 20 days ago)

yes, I was going to post the same thing brugman did before I read his post.

This argument is just another identical bush argument that we've all heard hundreds of times before. Neither of the people involved know anything more than the average dude about bush, and so the argument is based on name-calling and assumptions.

I dont get involved in these argument because I don't believe I know enough about all the politcal shit he's been doing to make a valid point and be able to back it up.

I things that I know bush has done frighten and anger me.

I suggest you guys spend less time arguing and more time learning. Knowledge is power. Name-calling is stupid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Hiding Your Light Under A Bush(ell)? [Re: Turd]
    #2131070 - 11/23/03 09:10 PM (18 years, 20 days ago)

While I agree with you, this is the exact same thing we have heard hundreds of times, it isn't an argument. It is simply his emotional appeal filled with inaccuracies (ie. Bush didn't bother to see any of the families with loved ones killed on Sep. 11).

It was simply him telling us how he fealt. And he invited Americans to voice their opinions. When I did, and used references to invalidate his claims, he attacked me.

Show me where I resorted to name calling? And what assumptions did I use to validate my points? Nothing more than "average" knowledge was required in my rebuttals.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Edited by HagbardCeline (11/23/03 09:24 PM)

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Loc: Antwerpen.
Re: Hiding Your Light Under A Bush(ell)? [Re: SummerBreeze]
    #2134696 - 11/25/03 12:54 PM (18 years, 18 days ago)

Big shout out to the Bush posse!

Listen, its like this. Bush has a campaign built on nothing more than a handful of endlessly drawn out catch phrases which have been supplied to him by the faceless ones behind the scenes.
Each and every movement from a raised eyebrow to half raised open palmed sincere hand gestures has been thought about and analysed from every angle for the utmost effect.

Waste of time when the man simply cant keep the self satisfied smirk off his face when he remembers today's funny pages at breakfast.

Sorry about that last jib. I had intended this to be a response to the fact that my basis for disliking this man are based on emotion. I cant help having a sense of humour and being from Northern Ireland I have an inbuilt compulsion to make light of serious situations.

And what am I not to trust my emotions?

Back to my first point.
Its as choreographed as the most hackneyed of all back alley wrestling matches. Sadly not nearly as entertaining.

I don't quite get the person above point. The fact that he never made it to see the families of the dead is the issue that has offended most people.
That was the reason for his visit! FFS!

What, do you think he travelled around the world to get that one photo opportunity of him making himself a burger in a local greasy spoon?
Or the completely off the cuff and off route stop at Tony"woof woof" Blair's apparent local pub.*

19 Million pounds those two photo chances cost the tax payer.
Money that could well have been spent saving or improving more worth while peoples lives.
Not spent on special diet needs and out of proportion police security.

So for the president to have the chance to get those press shots was more important than taking the time to meet grieving families?

Shame on you sir!

"Where nobody knows your name....."*sung to the theme of "Cheers".*

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #2134855 - 11/25/03 01:58 PM (18 years, 18 days ago)

I don't understand how it is Bush's fault that British soldiers are in Iraq...he has no control over the British government or their military. I detect a little scape-goatism.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Re: Hiding Your Light Under A Bush(ell)? [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #2134907 - 11/25/03 02:18 PM (18 years, 18 days ago)

I detect a complete lack of understanding of the situation.

And I do of course mean that in the nicest possible way.

I'm not totally sure myself of the true agreement that Bush has with (The) Blair-getrich-project.

It all seems a bit sinister. But the sad fact is that it dosent matter one tiny bit what you or I think of the situation. For those who agree with this which shall no doubt become an endless war its a big thumbs up and keep the flag fying at all all cost.

But what is the total cost going to be? Todays news tells us that Bush is looking for 400 Billion dollars to buy some news toys to play with.

The arm has fallen off his favourite Action Man(tm) and now he demands a new and better one with all the extras and trimmings.

Well it is almost Christmas, bless him, and he has been so good lately what with all the hand waving and such, why not.

Four hundred billion dollars! I'm whispering that to myself now. four hundred billion dollars!

Does he maybe just want to buy Iraq? Straight out one of deal? Money in hand no questions asked, see you at the back door in about five minutes. Sound of taxi engine and put-put-put-of dodgey two man plane bound for better climes can be heard in the background.

Give me one good reason why this man should be allowed to have this money?

Defence? When America, yes and England to a large extent have armed and primed these countries in the first place that seems like a lame excuse.

Makes me so mad. The guy is so transparent its almost, not quite, but almost a very, very sick joke.

You have to laugh at the brilliance of the man in some ways.

Sorry I was talking about someone else there, the little old man that used to deliver our milk of a morning. Lovely old man. Retired when he was about 80 or so. Never heard one complaint out of him all my life. Up at the crack of dawn, never............

Bush,now? Well, what can I say, he's a tosser.

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #2135341 - 11/25/03 05:28 PM (18 years, 18 days ago)

My only point was that you can't blame Bush for England's involvement

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Re: Hiding Your Light Under A Bush(ell)? [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #2137245 - 11/26/03 11:46 AM (18 years, 17 days ago)

But I can. In the same way that I can blame Blair for getting involved. The rest of Europe has seen sense and realise that this war is un-just. Blair, in a mistaken move where I believe he thought he would get more public support for his party joined in. Much the same as an, "after hours", pub fight free for all.
Now there are a mulitude of reasons for this.
One, mayhap the main one, deals with steel.
Imports and exports.
British steel, Sheffield, the home of steel, if you will, shall escape a lot of the restrictions which are going to be stamped on any number of steel producing countries.
Thus he has fallen for the oldest trick in the book, the double bluff.

I can explain further if you wish.

I in no way wish to offend people here but Bush/Blair are just so out of order on this.

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Loc: Everywhere else
    #2138383 - 11/26/03 06:06 PM (18 years, 17 days ago)

I'd have to say that I'm totally with SummerBreeze on this one. Bush, or more appropriately, Bush's handlers, have been perpetraiting a fascist foreign policy agenda called The New American Century. Think my use of the term fascist is excessive? I don't, a lot of the same elements are there:

Pre-emptive attacks with total disregard for the soverignty of other nations was one of Adolf Hitler's key mobilization points.
Sacrifice of rigths and freedoms at home in the interest of 'security'. If you don't think this is happening in the States, look at Total Information Awareness. Or you could ask Mr. Arar, a Syrian-born Canadian who was picked up in New York and deported to Syria, where he was tortured for months before his family figured out what happened to him and pressured the Canadian government to get him out of Syria. No charges were ever laid against him.

I mean, the man's spat in the face of the Geneva Convention ('illegal combatants' my ass), proceeded to piss on the UN and now expects the world to help him out when he starts experiencing blowback?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the man's a puddin' head

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Re: Hiding Your Light Under A Bush(ell)? [Re: Panoramix]
    #2140031 - 11/27/03 12:31 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

And unfortunately he has some serious support. The good God above must know why 'cause I cant figure it out.
Good points raised there. He has been given every chance to toe the line on this and has flaunted the U.N's views each and every step of the way.

Its the tables being turned completely within the space of a handful of months and no one has called him on it.

America had the oppurtunity to become something truely noble and great after the disaster that befell the land. Instead and sadly you have Bush in office determined to make a name for himself in the history books.

Come on, for how long are we to believe that a threat still exsists?

As we have seen in the North of Ireland, FFS! as we have seen through out history, if you leave a garison of troups behind after trashing a place the locals are not going to take the presence kindly.
This whether the invading force was there for the peoples, "own good", or not.

They are viewed as a legitimate target and dealt with as such.

Life after life on both sides will be thrown away day after painful day.

Then there will come a time, in the not to distant future, when people will simply stop paying heed to the news and it will become so common place you'll need to be looking on page 10 of the morning papers for a small inset piece with the latest Bushshit figures.

Figures?

I cant think in figures. I see just the distraught families of the innocents caught inthe bloody crossfire.
A crossfire which Bush is fueling with his very pressence in power.

One life was already to much.

Though i'm sure we can count on more.

But think of the employment this generates?

Great like we need a Nation of bomb builders and munitions workers.

Have we travelled back in time to the dark days of the 40ts?

If we have any books left to read after and if this mess clears up

I'm thinking further on this and I reckon that as America, come on you know its true, never really had a decent crack at the two world wars, Bush is set fast in his mind(sic) to create his own little battle of the century with him as star commander in his little jump suit.

I went off on one there, good weed and serious beggering of belife at Bush has temporairily corrupted my head.

More weed, more peace, Vicor?

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order