Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
In search of struggle?
    #4205832 - 05/22/05 03:10 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

My life has just become too comfortable. I know it sounds odd, it is something I dont even get right now.

I am actually Happy, but not content. I am just going from Monday to Tuesday to Wednesday etc... I have always had a pretty nomadic and chaotic/sporadic lifestyle and i can see myself having routine and stability now. I am no longer struggling to survive.

For some reason I see african tribes or any primitive lifestyle and envy them. Fuck my car, Fuck these social fronts, Fuck politics, and Fuck Bureaucracy. I feel like I have traded my soul for air conditioning, electronics and shiny objects and then actually worry about losing or damaging any of them!

I am becoming Americanized I fear. I shouldnt even have the luxury or time to sit around confusing myself about shit like this. This is all so self-indulgent, I know, but I posted this wondering if anyone else felt this way? Im calling it my Thoreau complex.

I have even contemplated jail time. I need something to shock me out of this humdrum complacency. I have no focus. I am taking everything for granted. Im not apathetic, just in some stoic stasis.

Even Nature has ceased to instill awe in me. The most picturesque sunset or sunrise has become uninvigorating for me lately. This is such crap that I am even writing about this here and not doing anything about it. 90% of me wants to move to an uninhabited place until the 10% starts thinking about materialistic things and social/familial ties that would be severed....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: In search of struggle? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4206005 - 05/22/05 07:57 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Dose.  :grin:

P.S. Seriously, I can relate to what you are saying... I have felt the same way at times. And I have always found a good strong mushroom trip to be the ticket out of that state.

The ironic thing is that this lack of struggle has become our new struggle. You've already given it that power over you... now you just have to realize your own power and change the way you approach the situation.

Invigorate your life with voluntary action. You must realize and accept that you've grown up in America, where everyone is Americanized. That is part of your path... and therefore it is part of your long-term struggle to learn to overcome the malaise of hum-drum existence.

I contend that no one's life is easy. Pain and suffering are relative only to your own experiences of such. Those who seem to have it easy at first glance (ex: Americans) must dig deep to find the deepest and most complicated strife of which to be victim. And this deep and complicated strife is much more difficult to understand, so we live in a mental hurricane.

How clear things must seem to someone with obvious enemies and an obviously defined struggle...

Not saying I envy those with difficult struggle... just pointing out that while their lives may seem more complicated to us in some ways, they're probably a lot less complicated than ours in other ways...

Edited by JacquesCousteau (05/22/05 08:16 AM)

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: In search of struggle? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4206018 - 05/22/05 08:12 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

if i felt like i traded my soul for air conditioning i'd be balling like a baby

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: In search of struggle? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #4206020 - 05/22/05 08:16 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

<--- and that would be a good, honest, thing for me to do given the situation.....

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4206062 - 05/22/05 08:57 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Dose.

P.S. Seriously, I can relate to what you are saying... I have felt the same way at times. And I have always found a good strong mushroom trip to be the ticket out of that state.

I think this is great advice.

If you really want a wake up with out the long years in prison :grin:; Try this as a personal challenge. Pick a spot of wilderness that you have never been to. Give yourself three days. At least 5 grams of very good shrooms. Fast the first day as you drive or walk there. Spend the day finding your power spot. Far from any one except the wild animals. That first night at dark take the mushrooms. Let it happen. I find it helps alot to have a rattle of some type, preferable home made. You may need it. :mushroom2: The next day (if their is one :grin:) walk in the wilderness and be open to your hearts message of what you need to do to get where you want to be. More days are better if you have them.

This has NEVER failed to go beyond my expectations, and set me right. This may need to be repeated every few months or few years. It all depends on the person. Some may only need that once. :mushroom2:

Just a rough guideline, of what worked for me. Maybe it will work for you. :thumbup: :heart: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#4206856 - 05/22/05 01:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Don't worry, a lot of people are like this. Many even subconsciously self-sabotage themselves to get them into a situation where they are struggling to survive or pull out of it. I think it's a human drive for challenge and excitement that causes this.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: In search of struggle? [Re: moog]
    #4206965 - 05/22/05 02:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

moog said:
Don't worry, a lot of people are like this. Many even subconsciously self-sabotage themselves to get them into a situation where they are struggling to survive or pull out of it. I think it's a human drive for challenge and excitement that causes this.

When I read his post I related in the way of missing a challenge when life gets toooooooo easy. I mean we have all the tools for crafting easy street and then when you get there.................it's not the big deal it seems to be from the other side of the fence.

I consciously create self sabotage situations now just to give myself new challenges and to continue sharpening skills and proficiency for overcoming walls and darkness.

May sound nuts to many but I find being in problem resolution creative energy to be the place where I feel most alive. Something about it that calls the spirit into human play.

Being a spirit is easy.............being a spirit inhabiting a human body is about another experience. Every time we overcome a challenge we break in more room for spirit to reside in the human home.

I think a big part of the meaning to life is to realize our creative intelligence and power. Without challenges and problems to solve, there is no opportunity for it.

Sure, you can say, "fuck it all.....I'm running off to ditch the material world and to become a hermit living in nature.

What if Jesus, Abe Lincoln, Einstein, or Rosa Parks to name a few did that?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: In search of struggle? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4207158 - 05/22/05 03:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:

What if Jesus, Abe Lincoln, Einstein, or Rosa Parks to name a few did that?

But what if Thoreau didnt?

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4207172 - 05/22/05 03:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I hear ya. I've learned that "getting there" is a lot more fun than "being there" oftentimes.....

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4207216 - 05/22/05 04:13 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think Sabbaticals in nature away from the fast material fucked up world are really great to take, I encourage it. A lot of deep insight can come from such an experience.

Go to Africa for a few years and chill. I ran off to chill in the islands for a chunk of my life and it was so worth it. Now I can be in the fast fucked material world and not be effected by it like I use to be. I gained SO MUCH in my time away from it.

Why write off humanity for good? That solves nothing.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (05/22/05 04:40 PM)

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: In search of struggle? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4207220 - 05/22/05 04:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
Yeah, I hear ya. I've learned that "getting there" is  a lot more fun than "being there" oftentimes.....

:yesnod:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #4207297 - 05/22/05 04:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I've seen past civilizations that i would like to live like, but not necessarily completely like. I do enjoy technology, and i do enjoy having fresh water come from the faucet. Soda, video games and the internet are a few of the things i enjoy the most.

I hope to one day buy an island and sometimes live close to nature, but not all the time. There is definetly nothing wrong with materialistic things, but having nothing but materialistic things i see a problem in.

I'm going to start an online business to make money and I hope i can make enough money to buy a house and a piece of land far away from everything else.

Peace,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineTadpole
Stranger

Re: In search of struggle? [Re: Droz]
    #4207346 - 05/22/05 04:51 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about" - Charles Kingsley

I read this quote earlier today and thought it was relevant.

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    #4207357 - 05/22/05 04:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"this is all so self-indulgent"

That's exactly what they *want* you to believe!

Follow your heart.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: In search of struggle? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4207361 - 05/22/05 04:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
I think Sabbaticals in nature away from the fast material fucked up world are really great to take, I encourage it. A lot of deep insight can come from such an experience.

Go to Africa for a few years and chill. I ran off to chill in the islands for a chunk of my life and it was so worth it. Now I can be in the fast fucked material world and not be effected by it like I use to be. I gained SO MUCH in my time away from it.

Why write off humanity for good? That solves nothing.

This is really what I want to do, just leave for atleast one year. I dont want to write off society and humanity forever, just get outside of it. I can feel my primal instincts being blunted.

Invisiblebudsicle
s?igh?tsee?r

Re: In search of struggle? [Re: Tadpole]
    #4207364 - 05/22/05 04:55 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

you could try to do something new like go take a walk in nature and look for new places.. start traveling.. anything challenging that gives ya some action and struggle that you desire. although its a fact that everything changes so you?ll eventually have a struggle.. even if it means struggle that takes place within you when you expose yourself for too long to mind-dulling modern life and media

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4207546 - 05/22/05 06:10 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Droz said:
I've seen past civilizations that i would like to live like, but not necessarily completely like. I do enjoy technology, and i do enjoy having fresh water come from the faucet. Soda, video games and the internet are a few of the things i enjoy the most.

I hope to one day buy an island and sometimes live close to nature, but not all the time. There is definetly nothing wrong with materialistic things, but having nothing but materialistic things i see a problem in.

I'm going to start an online business to make money and I hope i can make enough money to buy a house and a piece of land far away from everything else.

Peace,
Droz

Owning my own private island has alway been a dream of mine too!  :ooo:
But yes, it's alright to own things. It's just that when things begin to own you, you may have a problem.... :frown:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4213058 - 05/24/05 02:30 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Much interesting advice for you to consider.  :thumbdown:Do the drugs. :thumbup: :grin: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals