Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMindBent
bentmind

Loc: somewere in the mind
wbs soaking
    #4187694 - 05/17/05 04:34 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ok im about to put some wbs in the pc that i have ready using 2 half pint wide mouth jars 60ml water to 100ml wbs then pc(12psi) for 90 min
also 2 more jars with 70ml water 100ml wbs just to see if either way is better.wanted to try this method because it seems so easy.was i supposed to rinse the wbs because it looks ofly dirty in there?allso do you guys think either of these will go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: wbs soaking [Re: MindBent]
    #4187718 - 05/17/05 04:39 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yes rinsing is a good idea cuz allt hat water contains germinated endospores

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: wbs soaking [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4187867 - 05/17/05 05:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

shouldn't he soak those wbs for 12 to 24 hours before proceeding to the pc stage? so the endospores are reactivated and will then be killed off by the pc. this is what i have read is best and am still waiting for the results myself.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: wbs soaking [Re: backupwards]
    #4187873 - 05/17/05 05:17 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yes ure right backupwards

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4187886 - 05/17/05 05:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

holy horse poo, my brain does work, thanks man for the reassurance.
peace

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4187955 - 05/17/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yes horse poo is holy here at the shroomery :laugh:

--------------------

Edited by lordoftheshroomz (05/17/05 05:35 PM)

OfflineMindBent
bentmind

#4188018 - 05/17/05 05:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I have never soaked nor simmered my rye. I started off with the recipes from FungiFun. Was tweaked here and there for the right water for me, but works quite well. I've never had a single jar contam. I'm one of many with the opinion that soaking and simmering is just a waste of time... GL bro

OK LOOK i got the info off of this page.its by NeedMreSleep, he's got a few more shrooms than you guys an seems to know what he's talking about.
I would have put this ass a link but don't know how!
check out fungifun

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4188053 - 05/17/05 05:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

well mr. "hes got a few more shrooms than u guys" let me give u a little link: http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23310
this link explains the purpose of a soak! to allow the endospores to "hatch" so their tissues are more easily killed, the spores arent as easily killed.... get ure facts straight before u go knocking us

--------------------

Edited by lordoftheshroomz (05/17/05 05:50 PM)

OfflineMindBent
bentmind

#4188108 - 05/17/05 05:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

did you really read that, it says "IF" one experiences bacterial contamination problems bla bla bla. Its just a try.what does not work for one may work for the other.if not Ill just have to soak or simmer or both

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4188117 - 05/17/05 05:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yes it may say IF, but why take any chances with the effort put forth only to find that you are all contaminated. peace

OfflineMindBent
bentmind

#4188122 - 05/17/05 06:00 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

there is a Chance it will work.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4188135 - 05/17/05 06:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

and ask any of the veterans around here, especially magash,
read this tek and read the part where it says this : "This is the reason we soak the grain. Many believe that this is where water is added but this is not true. We are germinating the bacteria endo spores because they can survive a PC if we don?t."

--------------------

OfflineMindBent
bentmind

#4188139 - 05/17/05 06:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

there was now effort tho.i have to see for myself

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4188145 - 05/17/05 06:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

absolutely man, i wish you the best of luck and hope you don't wind up with any contams. good luck to ya

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4188149 - 05/17/05 06:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

oh and one last thing u were the one who asked if u should have rinsed it, which i answered, with a yes, so idk why u are flaming on me with the whole "hes got a few more shrooms than u guys" thing

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4188164 - 05/17/05 06:07 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yes lord, simmer hahahahahahahahahha

OfflineMindBent
bentmind

#4188178 - 05/17/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

hay man i wasn't trying to down size you.i took a good beating for saying what I'm doing from you two so i think were even

OfflineMindBent
bentmind

#4188193 - 05/17/05 06:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

allso i have read magash rye tek many times
will try it again if this doesent work

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4188213 - 05/17/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

you took a good beating from us two, well you ass, never again will i reply to one of your posts. you ass. there was no beating going on here just remember that, club to the head. now you are beaten.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom