Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mimosa Hostilis, Salvia, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineShroomyTunes
psychedeliac

Loc: Ontario
First DMT trip....Wow.
    #4184059 - 05/16/05 10:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

So over the last week I did an extraction from 70 grams of mimosa rootbark to get a few doses of DMT. I decided to break out approximately 50mg and put it in my pipe between two layers of parsley and smoke it. There was no trip sitter but I am very comfortable tripping alone. I sat down on my futon and took 1 hit. Held for ten seconds then took the rest in in one big second hit and held for as long as I could. This was the way I read to smoke it and it worked very well. I hear its not good to hold the first hit in too long as it will not be as effective. Right after taking the second hit I could feel it from the first one; I put the pipe down and held on to the second. I looked around. It's familiar. Feels like LSD and Psilocybin sort of. Things are just sort of shifting around. Well that lasted about 7 seconds. Boom. Gone. It all happened in the matter of a second. The second hit kicked in and well I couldn't even believe how different and crazy DMT is. Anyone who says it can be compared to high doses of any other psychedelic is dead wrong. All of a sudden the world looked foreign to me. On mushrooms and LSD the world looks relatively the same, things just moved around and you see crazy patterns everywhere and whatnot. This was different. My room looked the "same" persay--everything was where I left it---but I was now viewing it in this different dimension. The best way to describe this dimension is LegoLand. I even looked at my hands in disbelief as soon as the DMT kicked in and I was made of "plastic" (best way to describe it). At this point, about 30 seconds into the trip probably, I thought I was dying. It was kind of frightening, but I was too intruiged by how absolutely retarded this experience was. There really is NO WAY to know what DMT is like through reading. You can get a picture, but the only way to find out is to actually try it. So I'm in this crazy LegoLand...I couldn't believe it. There were pixies dancing around me. It was really weird. I didn't actually see them. But they were there. It's so hard to explain but they made their presence known. There was no doubt that they were there even though I couldn't actually see them. There were mostly floating around my head. This absolutely boggled my mind especially in retrospect. I know the DMT is sometimes referred to as elfspice and I've heard people talk about these entities but I never payed much attention to it. I just sort of remember hearing about it. I still can't believe that they were there. Now just minutes ago after research I read about McKenna saying that he met "machine elves" while on DMT. That PERFECTLY describes the entities that I came in contact with. I can't believe that I actually experienced this exact thing without even knowing that McKenna had ever said this. The trip only lasted 4 minutes. About 10 minutes after felt like a strong shrooms trip...sort of. I didn't get any time distortion. It felt about as long as it was. It really goes to show the power of DMT when the initial buzz and the comedown feels like a strong trip of the other psychedelics. Those psychedelics really do linger around the truth. You can only get so close. DMT launches you to the promised land. Overall it was a really great experience. Totally foreign. Unmatched by any drug. Today I've been having battles in my mind now that my beliefs (athiest) are being challenged by the power of this experience. I will experiment more with this drug as I think it is a very useful tool. I hope to learn more about life and the universe through this incredibly beautiful substance. :thumbup:

Edited by ShroomyTunes (05/16/05 10:21 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: First DMT trip....Wow. [Re: ShroomyTunes]
    #4184093 - 05/16/05 10:20 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

cool.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
    #4184161 - 05/16/05 10:40 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Nice report, thanks for sharing. Sounds like a great time. What extraction tek did you use?

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

OfflineShroomyTunes
psychedeliac

Re: First DMT trip....Wow. [Re: ToolTroll]
    #4184169 - 05/16/05 10:44 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Really easy an effective extraction! Boil in vinegar water...strain...basify with NaOH (Lye). Add Naphtha. siphon off Naptha. Freeze Naptha to precipitate DMT crystals..while napthas still cold filter through coffee filter. You are left with DMT crystals on the filter paper. Let is dry and smoke!...it was actually white pure crystals too. No need to waste you time with Qt's. A more indepth description of this tek can be found on dmtworld..."easy way to make DMT" or something. Posted by Marsofold...thanks marsofold!

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

#4184232 - 05/16/05 11:01 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Holy crap, taht sounds intense! Very intriguing.

I have heard that when you take a trip on DMT, there are usually two parts, a good part and a bad part, and pretty much every time it has the bad half, and sometimes the good half isnt present. Does this sound reasonable.. and even if you didn't experience it, do you see where this statement is coming from now that you know what the trip is like?

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

OfflineShroomyTunes
psychedeliac

Re: First DMT trip....Wow. [Re: Limelight]
    #4184497 - 05/17/05 12:25 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hmmm. Well right now considering I have only experienced DMT once, its hard to say. There was definetely a bad part in that I was overwhelmed to a certain degree (even though i was prepared for something intense) and the whole feeling like you are dying or are going to die is pretty frightening. Most of the positives came in retrospect. Mainly because it was my first time and I didn't see it coming. I couldn't figure out what was going on at the time and think of it as a positive experience. I think a lot of the fear in the trip was just because it was my first time and I thought things wouldn't be OK in the end or something. Now that I know that DMT is friendly and returns you from whence you came, I think the positives will reveal themselves more and more with each experience.

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
    #4184948 - 05/17/05 02:40 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

that sounds great, excellent report. i am yet to try my first DMT experience, haven't been able to get any (that worked). my day will come soon enough, i know it!

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

Invisiblemathflower
cthulhus metermaid
 User Gallery

Loc: Pythagorean Temple
    #4185293 - 05/17/05 04:38 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

its amazing to think youre back down to being grounded in just a short while after smoking DMT.

and i totally understand how such an experience could change your spiritual beliefs... its is powerful beyond description. :sun:

--------------------
z(0)=pixel;z(n+1)=z(n)^2+c

Edited by mathflower (05/17/05 06:37 AM)

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4185432 - 05/17/05 06:24 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

try to make paragraphs next time you post a story :smirk:

OfflineShroomyTunes
psychedeliac

Re: First DMT trip....Wow. [Re: stefan]
    #4186725 - 05/17/05 03:08 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

yea sorry....me and paragraphs weren't on speaking terms at the time. Next story shall be paragraphed.

OfflineIUrinatedOnMyDog
Stranger
    #4187246 - 05/17/05 05:00 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

c

Offlinesyanesso
100% pupil

Loc: Evergreen State
Re: First DMT trip....Wow. [Re: IUrinatedOnMyDog]
    #4191917 - 05/18/05 06:38 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

IUrinatedOnMyDog said:
c

what the fuck is that???

anyways...wow. i cant begin to comprehend a dmt experience, i soon will be extracting some, so hopefully i will be able to relate to this experience a little more in due time.

have you ever smoked salvia? if so, how does dmt compare in intensity and duration? similar?

--------------------
make sure it bruises blue

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: First DMT trip....Wow. [Re: syanesso]
    #4192071 - 05/18/05 07:05 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

salvia = :poop: :crazy:

dmt =  :hypno: :tripping: :shocked:

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: First DMT trip....Wow. [Re: Infrared]
    #4192866 - 05/18/05 10:24 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I have not yet tried DMT, I'll try and make it sometime.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineSoul
Stranger

#4193209 - 05/19/05 12:18 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I have 50g of mimosa and I have had it sitting around for over a year. I am really nervous about the intensity of the experience. Were you nervous before smoking dmt?, did it affect the experience?, should I just make the extraction and give it a try?

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: First DMT trip....Wow. [Re: Soul]
    #4194608 - 05/19/05 10:53 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Soul said:
I have 50g of mimosa and I have had it sitting around for over a year. I am really nervous about the intensity of the experience. Were you nervous before smoking dmt?, did it affect the experience?, should I just make the extraction and give it a try?

No I just smoked it like I would any other substance though in retrospect I should have been fucking nervous as it freaked me the fuck out. But it was amazing and as I was coming down I was very glad to have had the privilege to try a substance so intense and mind blowing. And yes of course you should do the extraction and give it a try what were you waiting for. And by the way I had heard the reports about how strong and mind blowing it was before I had smoked it but still had an arrogant approach to it by nature but it sure kicked my ass and showed me who was boss.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineInfrared
sleeping

#4195460 - 05/19/05 02:40 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

'It was kind of frightening, but I was too intruiged by how absolutely retarded this experience was.'

'I didn't get any time distortion. It felt about as long as it was '

what the fuck is wrong with you? you thought dmt is retarded!?!?!  and you didnt get any time distortion!?!?! :what: 

you're either stupid or didnt smoke real dmt... and since you cant seem to use paragraphs, ill assume your just stupid :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineShroomyTunes
psychedeliac

Re: First DMT trip....Wow. [Re: Infrared]
    #4196270 - 05/19/05 05:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Soul, I was a bit nervous before smoking it, but not too much. There is really no way of knowing what lies ahead so that is sort of nerveracking. Just remember it won't harm you (provided you did a good extraction) and you will return in one piece very shortly. I recommend you do an extraction and try it out. Good Luck!

Deep blue, i dont know what you mean by retarded but i meant retarded as in so ridiculous different and unexplainable that is it beyond comprehension to someone that has never tried it before. That is why it was "intriguing".

Every experiences is different, not everyone gets time distortion everytime. I'll just assume you are stupid and didn't know that.  :cuckoo:

Edited by ShroomyTunes (05/19/05 05:17 PM)

OfflineInfrared
sleeping

#4196551 - 05/19/05 06:18 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

retarded means stupid/dumb or to move slowly ... it doesnt mean ridiculous/unexplainable , next time maybe look up a word before you use it genius :smirk:

and every psychedelic experience (expecially dmt) has time distortion. you either feel like it lasted a million years or it only lasted 1 second.. but it is there everytime . whether or not you can recognize it is a different subject all together i suppose :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineSoul
Stranger

#4196601 - 05/19/05 06:33 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks I am planning to start an extraction this weekend. I am already excited!

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Mimosa Hostilis, Salvia, Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports