Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: JCoke]
    #4167371 -

I've heard voices a few times while going to sleep. I remember last time it happened it was just random words, one in particular I remember was "admirable". I have some anxiety issues as well, and I remember I was having some mild anxiety while going to sleep, so maybe the two are linked. I remember that same night I woke up in a stir and my whole body just spasmed and then my heart started racing.
I've never had them to the extreme you've mentioned though, If I were you, I would see a doctor.


--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.


:rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: JCoke]
    #4168148 -

I hear voices when I'm really stressed out.

my advice is to meditate more often.

works for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: Harbinger]
    #4168180 -

JCOKE's description matched me perfecty about what is happening right now as I type this. I here myself telling me what im doing, I can hear friends voices in my head,usually pissed off. I smoked a small joint and now it has hit me hard. Right now im really scared, sittin here reading about schizofrenia.

Or maybe im really high?

please respond

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: TiCal]
    #4168194 -

Tical do you use any hard substances? Same question to JCoke..

While I was heavy into the white powder I had some fucked up experiences happen to me. Never any voices but some very fucked things.. Sometimes things are a little harder to explain and can be spiritual and not scientific if you get me?


--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4170420 -

It seems a lot of folks on here experience mental ill health (Including myself) at some level. I often wonder if all human beings experience mental illness to varying degrees, only people on here are more willing to share their experiences.

Also, I often question whether drug use has precipitated/exacerbated symptoms, or is it that people with these symptoms have somehow sought out drugs/altered states of consciousness to help them make sense of there experiences?

Interesting topic !!


--------------------
"They are trying to build a prison, for you and me to live in"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: adoseofparn0z]
    #4170435 -

Olanzapine, tradename Zyprexa worked for me.


--------------------
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our
thoughts."

- Buddha in the Dhammapada -

ChrisC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: chrispc]
    #4170450 -

Mmmmmmmmm...I've been following this thread for awhile now. Hearing shit has been part of my life since I was a teenager. I agree that if the voices are becoming a negative influence, see a doc.

Until I was 12, I thought everyone heard voices.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: MOTH]
    #4170919 -

Hi ellemyshshade,

Do you mean voices in your head, or proper external voices that can't be differentiated from a friend talking to you?


--------------------
"They are trying to build a prison, for you and me to live in"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: JCoke]
    #4171059 -

I hear 'voices' too when Im really stressed, or have just smoked. Its mostly self derisive like "you are so retarded, dont you see how you are acting" I think that it is just a part of my self telling me to change and I am resisting. I would go see a doctor if this happened when I was completely calm and sober.


--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: reflectedlight]
    #4171097 -

i had a gram of 10x salvia and i smoked it all in a few days and would hear a really weird voice when i tripped. for around a month, month and a half after i would randomly hear the same voice, mostly when i was really high, but sometimes sober. it never said anymore than one word, and the word was usually a random word that i had just heard within a minute before. strange stuff, kind of glad it went away although it was really interesting. i'm curious if it will come back next time i smoke salvia, which will be within the next couple of weeks.


--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: BlueOrb]
    #4171383 -

BlueOrb said:
Hi ellemyshshade,

Do you mean voices in your head, or proper external voices that can't be differentiated from a friend talking to you?



I have both types. Most commonly I have the "people in the head" thing. There are some people in my head that I make conversation with. It's not like I think that they're real or anything...I just wouldn't be surprised if they were. It's not a big deal, and makes life kind of fun. External "voices" take the form of questions, such as "what do you think about the mess?" or "what time of day do you like to sleep?" and just other random stuff. I hear this as clear as I would a speaking human voice. Other times I hear music and other random sounds like the phone ringing, or people just mumbling to themselves out of my "earshot." I hear this is all normal though.

I don't make a big deal about it because it doesn't really bother me. Therapists have attributed my "hearing things" to being bipolar, although one guy wanted to stick me with schitzoaffective disorder. They all seem to want to explain it away but I'm comfortable with how I am. I know people who have been scared shitless by the stuff they hear in and out of their head but all auditory hallucinations I get seem to be pretty benevolent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: MOTH]
    #4171609 -

No, i've promised myself to never mess with coke, all I hear are bad stories from veterans. Hardest I've done so far you could say is X. These voices are often myself talking to myself. I've really thought about it the past day and I think we may be gifted. I get my voices from people when they express emotion, Its like I can understand what they mean without them having to talk. I think there are few people who have this gift... really gave me something to think about.

Today I was at a resturant and I was listening to an intoxicated couples group who were simply conversing. and I really came to the conclusion that it was very "barbaric",and "ancient" so to speak.. the way they would look at eachother as they expressed words. Maybe with my ability to converse with people when they arent even physically saying a word is a type of evolution in the human brain. And right now we think it's an illness because MOST people are still evolving and don't understand.

Ellemy you made a post awhile back about these people having conversations in "your own world" I think this sheds light onto my situation and this will help me cope with whats been goin on, thanks.

Edited by TiCal (05/13/05 04:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: TiCal]
    #4171864 -

TiCal said:
Ellemy you made a post awhile back about these people having conversations in "your own world"  I think this sheds light onto my situation and this will help me cope with whats been goin on, thanks.



I wish you the best.  :heart: In many cases, we're all as weird/normal, sane/insane as we imagine ourselves. 

I think of myself as a normally weird and sane insane person.  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: MOTH]
    #4176273 -

hard drugs i've been doing lately? well, i haven't smoked weed since last summer, i was an everyday smakoer a few years ago, i have'nt played around with dxm in months, i did 6000mg+ of dex through out the friday before superball sundey tell about the tueday after it, one hell of a trip, took me about a month to stop speaking with slurred speech and general retardedness, other than that, i have been doing diphinhydramine now and than, but i have been hearing voices long before i ever touched that stuff..

i seem to be doing ok now, I would say it was because of stress, but honestly, there's no stress in my life at all, everything is peachy and quite laidback.

sorry, it was really bugging when i started this thread, really does'nt seem much of a factor in my life right now, which is good.

i haven'y meditated in a while, thats something i should make a real habit of..

thanks all.


--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: question_for_joo]
    #4178759 -

question_for_joo said:
That sounds like a serious mental problem you've got yourself there. I mean, that's usually what starts serial killers on their sprees and whatnot. I have no idea how you make imaginary voices go away but you probably want to tell a doctor about it sooner rather than later.



Come on, that's a little harsh! He has a mental complex obviously, but it's not too serious. Actually schizophrenics (not saying he is one, but he needs some sort of treatment) often have thoughts saying to kill other people, hurt them, or theirself. It is extremely rare for them to act on these thoughts or urges, however a very high percent of schizophrenics commit suicide or at least attempt it. I would probably connect that to the aggrovation of not having control of your mind.

The "Will" power of humans, whatever it is, runs deep in your mind and soul. For many, it is very hard to destroy what you built before a breakdown. He is not a "serial killer," he is just having some hard times.

Edited by Nexus555 (05/15/05 02:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: Nexus555]
    #4178949 -

Most of the percent of serial killers have have been abused by there parents as a child. Not because they're crazy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: JCoke]
    #4178963 -

JCoke said:
hard drugs i've been doing lately? well, i haven't smoked weed since last summer, i was an everyday smakoer a few years ago, i have'nt played around with dxm in months, i did 6000mg+ of dex through out the friday before superball sundey tell about the tueday after it, one hell of a trip, took me about a month to stop speaking with slurred speech and general retardedness, other than that, i have been doing diphinhydramine now and than, but i have been hearing voices long before i ever touched that stuff..

i seem to be doing ok now, I would say it was because of stress, but honestly, there's no stress in my life at all, everything is peachy and quite laidback.

sorry, it was really bugging when i started this thread, really does'nt seem much of a factor in my life right now, which is good.

i haven'y meditated in a while, thats something i should make a real habit of..

thanks all.



Do you have problems with anxiety? Anxiety could cause you to hear things under all that stress in your head. I have bad anxiety and sometimes I will see disturbing thoughts and sounds in my head.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: p4kSouL]
    #4180043 -

I believe anxiety is the root of my audio hallucinations as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: BlueOrb]
    #4181357 -

According to The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy hearing voices may be a symptom of DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder).

"The switching of personalities and the amnesic barriers between them frequently result in chaotic lives. Because the personalities often interact with each other, patients with dissociative identity disorder often report hearing inner conversations and the voices of other personalities, which often comment on or address the patient. The voices are experienced as hallucinations..."

In any case, I would suggest you seek professional help. DID and most other mental issues are nothing to be ashamed of (cause we're all fucked anyway) and can be treated in a couple of years.

http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanual/section15/chapter188/188d.jsp

And this is how the therapy for DID may look like (from The Complete Adult Psychotherapy Treatment Planner):

DISSOCIATION

Long-term goals

1. Integrate the various personalities.
2. Reduce the frequency and duration of dissociative episodes.
3. Resolve the emotional trauma that underlines the dissociative disturbance.
4. Reduce the level of daily distress caused by dissociative disturbances.
5. Regain full memory.

Short-term objectives

1. Identify each personality and have each one tell its story.
2. Identify the key issues that trigger a dissociative state.
3. Decrease the number and duration of personality changes.
4. Practice relaxation and deep breathing as means of reducing anxiety.
5. Verbalize acceptance of brief episodes of dissociation as not being the basis for panic, but only as passing phenomena.
6. Discuss the period preceding memory loss and the period after memory returns.
7. Utilize photos and other memorabilia to stimulate recall of personal history.

Therapeutic interventions

1. Explore the feelings and circumstances that trigger the client's dissociative state.
2. Explore the client's sources of emotional pain or trauma, and feelings of fear, inadequacy, rejection, or abuse.
3. Assist the client in accepting a connection between his dissociating and avoidance of facing emotional conflicts.
4. Facilitate integration of the client's personality by supporting and encouraging him to stay focused on reality rather than escaping through dissociation.
5. Emphasize to the client the importance of here-and-now focus on reality rather than a preoccupation with the traumas of the past and dissociative phenomena associated with that fixation. Reinforce instances of here-and-now behavior.
6. Train the client in relaxation and deep breathing techniques to be used for anxiety management.
7. Teach the client to be calm and matter-of-fact in the face of brief dissociative phenomena so as to not accelerate anxiety symptoms, but to stay focused on reality.
8. Explore the client's sources of emotional pain or trauma, and feelings of fear, inadequacy, rejection, or abuse.
9. Arrange and facilitate a session with the client and significant others to assist him in regaining lost personal information.


--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hearing voices?? [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #4182608 -

DID is also incredibly rare.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* schizophrenics? ground 1,360 5 04/26/04 10:55 AM
by gnrm23
* Heard a Voice LostMetropolis 1,451 10 09/22/03 10:11 PM
by Le_Canard
* voices moosehead 1,127 7 07/22/03 08:56 PM
by neutralizer
* Crazy, vivid, real dreams... hearing stuff... I'm losing it. areyoumylight 1,837 13 03/04/05 06:35 AM
by the_phoenix
* Depression & Niacinamide Anonymous 9,255 14 03/26/03 12:34 PM
by Jordo
* Mild Schizophrenia chrispc 1,297 6 01/21/05 04:00 PM
by canid
* Schizophrenia a major threat for me? Corn_Bread 1,273 5 01/17/05 08:30 AM
by MeatSpace
* The inner voice of reason MOTH 764 2 05/27/04 01:25 AM
by Dreamer987

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
3,319 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 8 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.