Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Loc: pnw
voices
    #1727372 - 07/18/03 12:51 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I have an over active imagination. So much that it likes to change my reality. I used to visit fantasy worlds in my mind to pass the time. Recently though I have been hearing voices. But it wont make sense. I will hear people talking when im out of range to hear them. I hear peoples thoughts, fleeting thoughts. It really sucks, its like being a paraniod delusional skitzo or someithing.

Im hoping this is a phase or some thing that will pass. I worry about taking shrooms again, but I feel they are good for me if anything. My last trip was bad though and kinda scrambled my brain.

im not really asking anything, input from other psychos would be nice though :laugh:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleeric_the_red
 User Gallery

Loc: happy land
Re: voices [Re: moosehead]
    #1727399 - 07/18/03 01:10 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

enjoy it while it lasts.

--------------------

Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

InvisibleLeViTY
I missed theark.

Loc: CA
    #1727511 - 07/18/03 01:52 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I hear people calling my name and screaming all the time. I think it's flashbacks of my childhood. It really creeps me out sometimes...

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Re: voices [Re: LeViTY]
    #1727520 - 07/18/03 01:58 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

some times i think it may be flashbacks

if i am completly still and silent i can hear a collage of voices. Some times just one, some times none at all. Its the worst when im unproductive, i hear "look at him, llook at how worthless he is"

that is probably as simple has my mood at the time, depression begets depression ...or something. I think im a bit manic though, because i go from being depressed to being on a life high. I can flip back and forth alot

OfflineGOLDEN9locks
day tripper
    #1727583 - 07/18/03 02:27 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

it could also be a result of something called post-traumatic stress syndrome....dont know if this applies to you exactly...

but for myself...for a while i had visual hallucinations of horrible things happening, that really werent...it was actually pretty scary...saw myself die a couple of time, like while i was driving id hallucinate a little child getting hit by the car next to me..very gory...

anyhow...have you had a specific trauma lately that could have triggered it??if so i know so execises to do to reduce the hallucinations

--------------------
...Time is a stripper and she's doin' it just for you....

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Re: voices [Re: GOLDEN9locks]
    #1727667 - 07/18/03 02:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

my last trip was very traumatic, but i dont think it is the cuase of the problem as much as it made it worse.

the mistakes i made were, and this is just my guess..

-drinking a shit load of grapefruit juice
-tripping by my self for 4 hours
-listening to sphongle on headphones ( this isnt bad, but i think it put me over the top :wink: )

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
    #1728018 - 07/18/03 05:18 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

After I began meditating, I eventually began to hear voices in my head. They're always inside my head (as opposed to an outside source), and I have always been able to recognize them as my own. They are my unconscious thoughts. Or my subsconscious mind, however you want to think of it. I think this has been one of the best things I've ever experienced; it is a way for me to really be honest with myself, and a great asset and tool to my personal, spiritual, emotional, etc., growth. Hearing a voice thinking something awful about someone, or about yourself, or to do something, is kind of scary/unpleasant. But when I began to think about it, it has helped me to overcome a lot of lies I've told myself, namely that other people are better than me, and it's helped me to get out of the funk that was my first 21 years of life.

I think that for some people, it probably happens naturally. For some people, it happens when they meditate, or take drugs like LSD or shrooms. For some it could happen from smoking pot. However it happens, if it happens, I encourage you to undertake the task of getting to know your unconscious mind. Most people ignore it, I think, mainly because if you start telling people "I hear voices in my head," they'll label you as crazy or at least weird, and who wants that? So a lot of times we just ignore it or tell it to go away, and continue living our lives...

I have a link that gives more information, but the site is down. I'll get it later when it's back up and post it.

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

Edited by neutralizer (07/18/03 05:20 PM)

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
Re: voices [Re: neutralizer]
    #1739703 - 07/22/03 10:56 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Here's the link I wanted to give you about communicating with your unconscious: http://www.psipog.net/show.php?id=36

There's a link on that page to another page, that talks about a guy who discovered on his own that he could talk to himself like that. Pretty interesting stuff, I think.

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being