Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Schizophrenia a major threat for me?
    #3633319 - 01/16/05 12:05 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I have never had shrooms in my life so I have a couple of questions. First of all my statement: My grandmother and one of my uncles has Schizophrenia big time. My other uncle on the same side of the family has done pretty much everything and is still Mentally Stable. I have smoked alot of pot in my lifetime(and got to the point where I smoked so much I could not concentrate on a subject for more then two seconds literally.) but thats pretty much it. Despite hating large groups I'm pretty happy and not so shy. At nightime i'm extremaly hyper and very happy. Thus said what are my chances of getting Schizophrenia? Also in comparison to Pot how controllable is your speech and sense of reason in case of a bad situation (ex:Cops pull by while your on a soccer field. Would I be able to say anything reasonable somwhere between the first three stages)? Finally can you feel pain while trippin out(like some one pinching you or a turtle and a kangaroo jump out of a cattilac and starts beeting on you.i couldn't find the answers to my questions anywhere please help me out and i hope im posting in the right forum.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Male User Gallery
Re: Schizophrenia a major threat for me? [Re: Corn_Bread]
    #3633346 - 01/16/05 12:09 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You could probably say "I'm going for a walk"
Chances are whatever you say is going to be really "stupid"
I don't think being on drugs is illegal though, just posessing them.
Best advice is just to stay in a forest or at somebody's house and avoid the situation totally, you won't want to be around alot of people anyways.

And you can feel pain on mushrooms

InvisibleWorld Spirit
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3633502 - 01/16/05 12:48 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If in doubt - DON'T.

Enough said.

Living TheMoment

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #3634288 - 01/16/05 07:39 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

My brother has suffered from schizophrenia for the past 5 years. He belives that smoking copious ammounts of cannabis was a contributing factor to the start of his illness. I also used to smoke copious amounts of the Herb but stopped shortly before my psycotic break which lasted about a month. Im fine now and only take mushrooms in small doses every few months or so, for spiritual purposes. But i too belive that cannabis  was a major contributing factor to my collapse.I doubt if you have quit cannabis then there should'nt be much reason for a psycotic break to occur (if the genes that cause the illness are dormant). That said what are your thought processes like of late? What is your view of reality at the moment? Really i cannot say whether or not you'll be likely to develop such a condition without metting you, or at least understanding the owrkings of your mind!

I never had much problems with sociallizing on pot, in fact it made me more socialble than usual. I think i was actaully addicted to the paranioa, and fed off it in a way that fueled my social tendencies instead of shying away from the experience. This was exptremely unhealthy for my mind!

You can and will probably feel pain whilst tripping. unless you have taken some serious opiates as well, in which case youll probably just laugh as someone stabs you leg with a kitchen knife  :grin:

Danger Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3635228 - 01/16/05 04:31 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I'd say there's a better than average chance of your getting Schizophrenia if it runs in your family. There is a strong hereditary factor in this illness. Be that as it may, you may find the common symptoms of Schizophrenia here. Just be careful though in self diagnosing yourself - you may have a few symptoms showing here, but that doesn't necessarily mean you have Schizophrenia. If in doubt, see a psychiatrist. Hope that helps some. :laugh:

User Gallery

#3638076 - 01/17/05 10:30 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I have schizo family members also. I think you worry a little much. In my opinion, it's a fed disease that gets worse as it gets attention. I'm sure there isn't a person in the world that feels "normal" all the time. And as long as you can control your emotions (don't get violent) you'll be all right.

Seek a professional opinion, mine is probably warped. When you go to a shrink, be COMPLETELY HONEST. Don't let them pump you up with drugs before getting a few opinions other pro opinions too.

/    l    \__:thumbup: ... Hi, I'm Crankey, and I approve this message.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being